Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Postfarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Banned #1
So you may completely agree with me on this one, or hate on me for making this thread, but there is just one thing I want to discuss with all the members using the forums. And that "thing" is: "Postfarming".
"What is postfarming?" If you may ask.
Postfarming is messaging in threads that you should not post messages in. For example the "report section", or either in "bug report" section. Yes you may leave feedback on the bug's saying: "Yes the same happened to me!" but not go all like: "I hope cloakfox or affixes will fix this!". no. this is just simply trying to get that message counter up. Also I want to talk about threads going completely offtopic. Some examples of threads going completely offtopic or just not necessary at all just to farm some posts. Example 1 , Example 2 , Example 3 , Example 4 , Example 5 (from the 3th page it starts going offtopic)Example 6. I'm not saying having an conversation is bad, but do this in a Private conversation or either in skype.

The forums is a forum, not a chatbox. Someone had to cut the rope

Last edited:
People are also tagging cloakfox and affixes when it is not need, just wait for them to reply like before.

100% agreed. It's getting out of hand. Just because the forums restarted, doesn't mean people can post anything they want. I'm going to handle those threads, but there are a **** ton of messages on them so it's going to take me a while (thanks to the people who post farmed in them e_e). I don't have enough time to manage the forums as I used to with all the stuff I have going on right now, but hopefully some other staff members and I can manage that better now.

mooncrater

Known Member
I especially do not like the fact that people have been posting hundreds of posts in one day. For instance, many people want to add things to the server, which isn't very necessary since you can just e-mail cloak. So all in all, totally agreed. xDD

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Thanks for making this thread. I'll try to stop post farming, and just post legitimate messages. I would, however, like to say that not all of my posts are post farms. I'll also try to be more on topic, and better follow the forums rules.

I 100% agree with this. Like the forums isn't a ******* competition guys. You don't have to reply to every single thread made so you can be top on the leaderboards. Actually try going outside instead of spending countless hours trying to boost your messages and ratings.

EDIT: And also to the people saying "please do not post farm." You're basically minimodding and post farming at the same time. We have a bunch of staff who could have easily handled that. Please shut the **** up next time. :)

Thread starter Banned #9
Also the section "General discussion" is just idiotic.. it makes the section "offtopic" useless since all the members just would post their "Offtopic thread" in the "General discussion" section. Either make it so that the messages being posted in the "general discussion" thread do not count up towards your message count, or just remove the section completly since its just an section to avoid "offtopic". @Hyllus Thank you for doing something with this thread as you were considered as one of the many post farmers. I respect you actually for reading, and taking action just because of this thread. Thank you I appreciate that. As for the others... No words..

Suddenly the idea of forum moderators by @Sabotage_ isn't that useless no more :)

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Also the section "General discussion" is just idiotic.. it makes the section "offtopic" useless since all the members just would post their "Offtopic thread" in the "General discussion" section. Either make it so that the messages being posted in the "general discussion" thread do not count up towards your message count, or just remove the section completly since its just an section to avoid "offtopic". @Hyllus Thank you for doing something with this thread as you were considered as one of the many post farmers. I respect you actually for reading, and taking action just because of this thread. Thank you I appreciate that. As for the others... No words..

Suddenly the idea of forum moderators by @Sabotage_ isn't that useless no more :)
General discussion is about Foxcraft related stuff while off topic is random

Thread starter Banned #11
General discussion is about Foxcraft related stuff while off topic is random
Example 6 , this thread shouldn't even be made in this section, it should've been in "help" But yet people like to go offtopic and post farm. Not convinced yet? Example 7 , I agree this is a good thread, but is it really needed to post over 90 messages in here? No, I don't think so. Example 8 , No I do not want to hate on you, but come on... This thread is nowhere near on topic but yet people like to once again harvest their posts on there. And maybe this thread should'nt even be on "Offtopic" Maybe it should've been in the "general disccusion" section. Since this is an HUGE problem on the forums. But no Instead I decided to put it here on offtopic to prevent people from actually going offtopic, and here for farming even more posts. But nope, the postfarmers (you you all know who you are don't deny it) hav not even post a single message here, and why, you may ask? Cause it's in offtopic and here for not worthy of their time. Instead they like to spend their time in the "general discussion" section and in the Report section to harvest some of their posts. This **** just pisses me off so much that I eventually had to make an thread about which I did, and here it is being almost completely ignored. Thanks a lot.

It truly is getting out of hand people are way too far in post in a little bit of time. They start conversations in a thread that was meant for Help or a Introduction etc.

"Offtopic."*
[doublepost=1457711841,1457711692][/doublepost]
So you may completely agree with me on this one, or hate on me for making this thread, but there is just one thing I want to discuss with all the members using the forums. And that "thing" is: "Postfarming".
"What is postfarming?" If you may ask.
Postfarming is messaging in threads that you should not post messages in. For example the "report section", or either in "bug report" section. Yes you may leave feedback on the bug's saying: "Yes the same happened to me!" but not go all like: "I hope cloakfox or affixes will fix this!". no. this is just simply trying to get that message counter up. Also I want to talk about threads going completely offtopic. Some examples of threads going completely offtopic or just not necessary at all just to farm some posts. Example 1 , Example 2 , Example 3 , Example 4 , Example 5 (from the 3th page it starts going offtopic)Example 6. I'm not saying having an conversation is bad, but do this in a Private conversation or either in skype.

The forums is a forum, not a chatbox. Someone had to cut the rope
If want people to stop Post Farming, you stop it yourself. I don't care if you deny it, you Post Farm, fiction, thats directed towards me.

Thread starter Banned #14
"Offtopic."*
[doublepost=1457711841,1457711692][/doublepost]
If want people to stop Post Farming, you stop it yourself. I don't care if you deny it, you Post Farm, fiction, thats directed towards me.
I have 41 messages, you have 145.. Just pointing that out there..

oh it's going to be a problem for you. I hope leon and jesse actually do something with this and not just let this be ignored.
I hope you leave me alone, I have many personal issues to deal with. Maybe, if you were kind for a minute I would be kind to you. But instead you decide to drag it on and on until you get your way. I'm done here, because I'm sick of going back and forth with you.

Thread starter Banned #20
I hope you leave me alone, I have many personal issues to deal with. Maybe, if you were kind for a minute I would be kind to you. But instead you decide to drag it on and on until you get your way. I'm done here, because I'm sick of going back and forth with you.
You're making me look like the bad guy.. You started it by simply replying to this thread. You could've just ignored it but nope instead you decided to start an arguement with me. Now you have one and you just know that my statements are better then yours. So you back out of it, sad but responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.