Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

RESPE3CT Guard rank.

Should the guard rank stay in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
@cloakfox, no pointing fingers or anything like that but, was this your desicion or Affixes?
[doublepost=1458324997,1458324962][/doublepost]And you cannot just demote the current Guards.

Redex_

Friend
Donator
@cloakfox, no pointing fingers or anything like that but, was this your desicion or Affixes?
[doublepost=1458324997,1458324962][/doublepost]And you cannot just demote the current Guards.
1) Leon never seen the need for guards, probably his decision.
2) Yes he can, he's the owner. Lol

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
My decision, and yes I am aware.
Let the people decide the Guard ranks fate.
[doublepost=1458325243,1458325157][/doublepost]
1) Leon never seen the need for guards, probably his decision.
2) Yes he can, he's the owner. Lol
I realized he was the owner a long time ago, but it'd seem a bit odd to just remove their ranks without their say.

Use your common sense. If the public proposed an argument for keeping the rank maybe he would consider it?
Prison will get a full update/revamp anyway, and there is no need for Guards, except for that tag that I supose looks cool? I can't find of any other reason to keep it as is simply and mostly is just a tag now.
Chat moderation can be achieved by implementing the Helper, Mod and Admin ranks to the server.

Edit: Saves me hours of reading Guard apps too.

Banned #29
Prison will get a full update/revamp anyway, and there is no need for Guards, except for that tag that I supose looks cool? I can't find of any other reason to keep it as is simply and mostly is just a tag now.
Chat moderation can be achieved by implementing the Helper, Mod and Admin ranks to the server.

It's not just an "tag" It's also a player responsibility to go on duty and protect players from being killed in PVP. If there is going to be a revamp/update, then that might be also the time to open up Guard applications. This is also the right time for guards to go on duty as there will be much pvp going on with the "update/revamp".

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
Seems like your just demanding the rank be instated because the majority of the community want it back. You're not elaborating on the benefits of readding the rank.
Guard was the beginning of my moderation role on Foxcraft. I acknowledge that I do go off what the community thinks because that's of one the Guard benefits, community enjoyment.

Welp we will find out what would be the best. You guys have a point, it's also what makes our Prison server unique so to say.

Redex_

Friend
Donator

I'm well aware of why the rank was removed, I agree with your actions anyways. The rank was silly.My point was Julia isn't stating why the rank is necessary and thus should be added back.

Since she isn't putting up an argument, I will do so for the sake of debating. (I don't necessarily agree with these points).

Argument FOR adding the rank back:

- The rank was a unique feature which has been part of Foxcraft for a long time, people enjoyed the rank since it's rare and original.
- The guards are dedicated and enjoy their duties, many people have spent countless hours doing their duty and it would be sad for them to feel their time has been wasted.
- When guards were online, the chat was moderated and it was clean. Yes, helpers can do this but Guards spent more time on prison than helpers do, thus the chat won't be clean as frequently.

Argument AGAINST adding the rank back:

- The rank is unnecessary, helpers can do their job just as well if not better.
- Many of the guards weren't up to standard, so the rank was ineffective. The guard could cause more harm than good if they're acting unprofessional with a rank of power, they represent the server and by acting unprofessional are giving the server an unprofessional reputation and image.
- Without guard, less staff duties are needed. Helper is a good alternative to Guard since it means there are less applications to review (just helper rather than helper and guard). Additionally, higher staff don't have to review the performances of two sets of staff (if they do hah).

Opinions are always welcomed.

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
Guard is a very unique thing, but it's kind of useless...all they do is stop people from pvping and that's mainly the only thing people do now a days on prison

Banned #36
I wouldn't want to give them unwanted work. (if they don't like it idk lol)
You could always ask them, I'm pretty sure they wont mind it.
Guard is a very unique thing, but it's kind of useless...all they do is stop people from pvping and that's mainly the only thing people do now a days on prison
That's probably why there should be a reset.

Thread starter #37
I have often expierenced Guards to be less mature and proffesional.
They don't really add any gameplay value to the Prison server.
Just give it one more chance, and If the guards seem to be that way still to you after you do another app, I will see your side and you can cancel guards? One more chance?
[doublepost=1458327837,1458327726][/doublepost]
I wouldn't want to give them unwanted work. (if they don't like it idk lol)
I'm sure they would be honored and not turn down the offer.

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
I'm well aware of why the rank was removed, I agree with your actions anyways. The rank was silly.My point was Julia isn't stating why the rank is necessary and thus should be added back.

Since she isn't putting up an argument, I will do so for the sake of debating. (I don't necessarily agree with these points).

Argument FOR adding the rank back:

- The rank was a unique feature which has been part of Foxcraft for a long time, people enjoyed the rank since it's rare and original.
- The guards are dedicated and enjoy their duties, many people have spent countless hours doing their duty and it would be sad for them to feel their time has been wasted.
- When guards were online, the chat was moderated and it was clean. Yes, helpers can do this but Guards spent more time on prison than helpers do, thus the chat won't be clean as frequently.

Argument AGAINST adding the rank back:

- The rank is unnecessary, helpers can do their job just as well if not better.
- Many of the guards weren't up to standard, so the rank was ineffective. The guard could cause more harm than good if they're acting unprofessional with a rank of power, they represent the server and by acting unprofessional are giving the server an unprofessional reputation and image.
- Without guard, less staff duties are needed. Helper is a good alternative to Guard since it means there are less applications to review (just helper rather than helper and guard). Additionally, higher staff don't have to review the performances of two sets of staff (if they do hah).

Opinions are always welcomed.
Helpers can cause more harm than good too, and they represent Foxcraft even more than Guards do, so what's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.