Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Exploring A Gender Neutral Version Of FoxKing/Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned #89
This idea is by @Shotapop, and will be suggested by me, with the thread text created by a group of people. How would you feel about a gender neutral version of Foxking or Queen? We'd love name ideas, but right now all we have is RoyalFox and MonarchFox. I think it'd be nice for those who have a certain preference, or would not like to reveal their gender. Please discuss below, but stay positive and respectful.
-Josh
Post Script:
Please do not suggest this, as it'd be taking another's ideas. Thank You.
It's not like knowing if the kid behind a computer screen is female or male is going to get anybody raped.

I see it as a rank, I've seen girls with FoxKing, and boys with Foxqueen. This is just my opinion :p.

Shotapop

No, that would imply male gender. We're looking for a name that could mean male female or neither
[doublepost=1457745282,1457745078][/doublepost]
I see it as a rank, I've seen girls with FoxKing, and boys with Foxqueen. This is just my opinion :p.
some people in the transgender community go by something called a non binary gender, meaning they go by they/them pronouns instead of things like he/she. Some of them aren't comfortable using something that labels them as male or female, because they are neither, or some of them are just confused as to what they are exactly.

It is just a rank, but it does matter genderwise.
[doublepost=1457745866][/doublepost]Now as for my two cents on the topic.
(Please keep an open mind while reading)

I think it would be very progressive if we had a gender neutral variant for the foxking/queen rank.
I understand that staff has a lot going on at the moment, so no rush of course.
I don't represent the trans community as a whole but I know a lot about it considering I'm apart of it.
A section of our community has something called a non-binary gender (Also known as being agender) meaning they don't have a gender at all, using they/them pronouns. A person on the server actually is one of these people.
and, people who are struggling with their gender usually use neutral labels until they know what they are.

I heard a rumor that a girl freaked out over not having a foxqueen rank, and I promise we won't bother as much as she did (From what I heard)

but I do think it is very important to have a rank with a neutral title.

Not end of the world important, but important all the same.
[doublepost=1457746177][/doublepost]
It's not like knowing if the kid behind a computer screen is female or male is going to get anybody raped.
It's mostly an issue for trans people. ^^ Read what I said.
[doublepost=1457746349][/doublepost]
It'd have to be some sort of royalty thing, because of King and Queen.
I like foxgeneral tbh

No, that would imply male gender. We're looking for a name that could mean male female or neither
[doublepost=1457745282,1457745078][/doublepost]

some people in the transgender community go by something called a non binary gender, meaning they go by they/them pronouns instead of things like he/she. Some of them aren't comfortable using something that labels them as male or female, because they are neither, or some of them are just confused as to what they are exactly.

It is just a rank, but it does matter genderwise.
[doublepost=1457745866][/doublepost]Now as for my two cents on the topic.
(Please keep an open mind while reading)

I think it would be very progressive if we had a gender neutral variant for the foxking/queen rank.
I understand that staff has a lot going on at the moment, so no rush of course.
I don't represent the trans community as a whole but I know a lot about it considering I'm apart of it.
A section of our community has something called a non-binary gender (Also known as being agender) meaning they don't have a gender at all, using they/them pronouns. A person on the server actually is one of these people.
and, people who are struggling with their gender usually use neutral labels until they know what they are.

I heard a rumor that a girl freaked out over not having a foxqueen rank, and I promise we won't bother as much as she did (From what I heard)

but I do think it is very important to have a rank with a neutral title.

Not end of the world important, but important all the same.
[doublepost=1457746177][/doublepost]

It's mostly an issue for trans people. ^^ Read what I said.
[doublepost=1457746349][/doublepost]

I like foxgeneral tbh
Oh, I was just joking, but thanks for all the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.