Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

The Helper Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't understand why half of the helpers were chosen. I know for a fact that most of them were twice as toxic as I was, and they got chosen for writing the longest application. I can see in the further that atkeast half will be demoted. @RedTheFox999 and @SirAvigaltar are the only good helpers that came out of that, so props to you two.
We don't pick staff based on app lenght.

Too add on with @SirAvigaltar and the other past foreign (Dutch) staff members. I think that they were chosen PARTIALLY because of their language and ability to talk with the other Dutch members. This server (skyblock) is like 70% Dutch with some English members. More Dutch/Belgium staff members should be selected to deal with the high Dutch population.

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
Too add on with @SirAvigaltar and the other past foreign (Dutch) staff members. I think that they were chosen PARTIALLY because of their language and ability to talk with the other Dutch members. This server (skyblock) is like 70% Dutch with some English members. More Dutch/Belgium staff members should be selected to deal with the high Dutch population.
That's where you're wrong. Staff members are chosen based on their actions on the server, their friendlyness, their helpfulness and so on. The fact that a staff member speaks another language has nothing to do with why they were chosen, it's just an added bonus.

noby

Donator
Banned #24
I honestly don't understand why half of the helpers were chosen. I know for a fact that most of them were twice as toxic as I was, and they got chosen for writing the longest application. I can see in the further that atkeast half will be demoted. @RedTheFox999 and @SirAvigaltar are the only good helpers that came out of that, so props to you two.
You cannot judge the helpers on their second, third or their 29th day, they're new to being a helper, you weren't as good as being toxic in the past, but then you started getting good as time flew buy, like the helpers with choosing how to punish someone are doing their role, and now you're good becaue you've been doing it for awhile! Wow!
(Calm down buddy)

For everyone too lazy to read all of those paragraphs, here is a conclusion of it.

What everyone has been saying is, you should not be judging helpers on their first second third day of being a helper. We all make mistakes especially when we are new to something. Lets say for example you are learning a new play in football or something and it has a bunch of tricky parts in it. You aren't going to get it down the first time or the second. Maybe the third, but you get the point. In these posts the higher ranked staff have been saying you should not dedicate all of your time to get some staff demoted or point out every little thing they do. That is not your job. So to end this off, even if you don't like a helper ( some of you reading this don't like me ), give them a chance because they tried hard to be helper, not to be criticized.

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
IMO, the people who pick on, make fun of, or hate on the people who got helper, saying they'd do a better job, really aren't helping. Now, I'm not saying this happens to me, but I've seen it happen a lot to others. Being that those people hate on the new helpers, that proves that they would make worse helpers. I'd say, instead of criticizing them, why not help them if you say you could "do better"?

Most of the kids trying to get people demoted are just salty they didn't get accepted and if thats not the case their lives probably suck and have nothing better to do and its the only way they will feel like they did something with themselves.

I don't think people should give the new helpers a hard time they haven't even been helper for more than a week i can see if its like 3 or 4 weeks later and they have no clue what their doing at that point they should just change their ign to paanic make a forums alt and tell people to kill themselves.

Only helper I think should be "Bullied" is @Avatarking_ because why not?

Idk what i just wrote I'm just saying random stuff at this point

planecool

Friend
Donator
If your going to complain @HighOnPickles about the staff that were chosen, you should do something about it, and become known on the forums and all the servers in-game, and if you do become helper, you should change what you think is wrong instead of complaining to everyone else that nothing right was done and that you done like some of the choices for helper. Next time you decide to complain, you should make sure that you have good reason to do so.
[doublepost=1488560105,1488560027][/doublepost]
Most of the kids trying to get people demoted are just salty they didn't get accepted and if thats not the case their lives probably suck and have nothing better to do and its the only way they will feel like they did something with themselves.

I don't think people should give the new helpers a hard time they haven't even been helper for more than a week i can see if its like 3 or 4 weeks later and they have no clue what their doing at that point they should just change their ign to paanic make a forums alt and tell people to kill themselves.

Only helper I think should be "Bullied" is @Avatarking_ because why not?

Idk what i just wrote I'm just saying random stuff at this point
I 100% agree with everything you said <3 :)

Faast

Donator
It's how the world works lets be honest this thread won't change f**k all people do it to feel better about themselves no matter how it makes someone else feel besides not all mistakes are forgivable just saying but ya know some are.
[doublepost=1488561227,1488561192][/doublepost]Probably gonna get hated on for that but oh well.

It's how the world works lets be honest this thread won't change f**k all people do it to feel better about themselves no matter how it makes someone else feel besides not all mistakes are forgivable just saying but ya know some are.
[doublepost=1488561227,1488561192][/doublepost]Probably gonna get hated on for that but oh well.
Made me feel better about myself....
[doublepost=1488561339][/doublepost]
Made me feel better about myself....
What the other staff said did.

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
No one should hate on you for what you've said, it's an honest opinion, and everyone is entitled to that. Mainly what has been the point in this thread is that of course the new helpers are going to receive criticism, but they should not be criticized for the smallest mistakes on their 2nd day. They should just embrace it and do the best they can. Obviously this thread won't stop the haters, but atleast it can bring a little positivity to the new helpers. (Basically every long comment short formed)

Defol

Donator
I'm glad so many of you staff members and members put time into writing these long paragraphs about what truely matters. I've got to say there sure are people who care about this community, @TotalMM , @Dansors , @Baest and @C2Obezerk. It's comforting to know people really do care. Keep on doing what your doing. This will sound cheesy, but it will get you far, not just on this game but in real life too.

Baest

Donator
Banned #33
I'm glad so many of you staff members and members put time into writing these long paragraphs about what truely matters. I've got to say there sure are people who care about this community, @TotalMM , @Dansors , @Baest and @C2Obezerk. It's comforting to know people really do care. Keep on doing what your doing. This will sound cheesy, but it will get you far, not just on this game but in real life too.
One of the reason I resigned was because of the toxic community as I said in my other post. xD. But whatever thanks for the kind words.

One of the accepted helper's total words in application- 653

One of the denied player's total words in application- 1726

Banned #35
That's where you're wrong. Staff members are chosen based on their actions on the server, their friendlyness, their helpfulness and so on. The fact that a staff member speaks another language has nothing to do with why they were chosen, it's just an added bonus.
shut up or ill sue you

pls send nudes if girl
[doublepost=1488570177,1488570147][/doublepost]Sure new staff members make mistakes but when a staff member flat out lies to a player then there's a problem

TotalMM

Friend
Donator
shut up or ill sue you

pls send nudes if girl
[doublepost=1488570177,1488570147][/doublepost]Sure new staff members make mistakes but when a staff member flat out lies to a player then there's a problem
And then you report said problem?
No?
Sorry I'm sassy by nature.

Thread starter #37
With the new helpers being picked, I wanted to bring this thread back to everyones attention. Be easy on them, folks.

(pls dont warn me for grave-digging ;-; )

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.