Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

The Helper Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoahi

Donator
Thread starter #1
I'll start this thread with a quote I think you should all see:​
"I've made mistakes, but thanks to those mistakes, I've learned." -Enrique Iglesias
That being said, I've seen a lot of unneeded criticism directed at the new helpers. They are bound to make a few mistakes, just like every other person in the world does. People constantly look for even the smallest things to criticize them with, especially the people upset that they weren't chosen instead. You cannot expect them to instantly do everything perfectly. (While I must admit some of them are doing way better than what I did as a helper) So if you do happen to see one of them make a simple mistake, instead of instantly giving them hate and criticizing them, give them a break. I still make mistakes every now and then, and so do the rest of the Moderators/Administrators. We are only human (or bear) after all.

With Love,
-Yoahi

P.s. You should totally congratulate the helpers if you haven't already. <3​

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
I haven't gotten called out for any mistakes (yet), but would expect some people to strongly dislike the fact that I was chosen for Helper. xD

TotalMM

Friend
Donator
Same should be said for all of us to be fair.
We are not God-like beings who descend from Heaven to monitor a Minecraft server.
We're regular people, with regular lives.
We do this voluntarily, so if we become "inactive" and don't get demoted after a few months. We've probably told the rest of staff that we're busy with...Oh I don't know, life?
We're here to help, but we can't always be available.
TotalMM

Arpen

Donator
This is a block game, If only you guys focused on school just as much as y'all are thirsty tryna get someone demoted.

Baest

Donator
Banned #8
F**k dat deez hoes need 2 bi taechkd d hard wai not bai sum sheit toturs

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
As I've said yesterday on sprinkleds profile

Most new helpers will be criticized for weeks, maybe months, mostly by players who are upset they didn't get helper. Players will always look for the smallest detail to criticize the new helpers, it's completely unfair to them but it just comes with the rank I guess. Criticism is something we all have to deal with in life, but it can be easy ignored. It's the same for every batch. Criticism is something you can't escape. As a former staff member who received criticism daily for the smallest mistakes or even for nothing, my only advice for the new helpers is just ignore it, do the best you can, work on improving yourself as a staff and in no time players will learn to love you and respect you as a staff member, that and you could be like @Dansors ...though that's not something you want exactly :p

Arpen

Donator
I'll tell you something, I'm not going to be a staff forever so I hope my words inspire previous, current and future staff members on Foxcraft or if you're planning on applying for the next Helpers Application, You're going to get hate no matter how positive you've impacted the community.

Here's a little story,

When I first started off as Staff, most of you may or may not know that the staff ranks were different. Ranks were labeled as Helpers, T-Staff and Staff. I joined Foxcraft end of 2015 and started properly playing in January - February, This is when I decided to join the forums. My presence on Foxcraft started to remarkably get noticed, kinda felt like a celebrity because everyone started to recognise me in-game and on forums, I contributed a lot to the community and had shared valid points, Keep in mind I never wrote paragraphs and essays this long so I guess people liked me more back then :p . @cloakfox handpicked me as Helper even when applications for Helpers were closed, Soon after the whole Foxcraft community took a big shift, I started to receive critism and hate towards me, Players who agreed on my post or liked me started to ignore me and created fake rumours about me, You know things took a big turn when a ex- staff decided to abuse their powers to get me demoted. I remember especially there was 1 person who always supported me and stood behind my back who was @C2Obezerk . What I'm trying to say is whatever you do you're always going to receive hate and you're going to get critiqued on whatever you're going to do, Players will set you up to failure or manipulate evidence to get you in trouble demoted, Players will set you up so they can laugh at you. I want you to know it's going to be okay. You will always have support no matter what. This is why I was excited @cloakfox and @Mechz introduced the system of tutoring and pairing Admins/Mods with new Helpers, It's nice to see that there's a bigger support available now then previously also a great chance for a special bond between older and newer staff members.

If I have survived hate, players back stabbing me, Godzilla aka Connor going frenzy, Homophobic and racial slurs I'm sure you can survive anything. Ignore the hate and show compassion instead, Yes you have the essential tools to mute players but Instead I used compassion and helping players even if they've been negative towards you, As a staff you can't hold grudges, Your staff powers don't earn you respect, your behaviour and your contribution to the team and community does

Much love

Dansors

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
I'll tell you something, I'm not going to be a staff forever so I hope my words inspire previous, current and future staff members on Foxcraft or if you're planning on applying for the next Helpers Application, You're going to get hate no matter how positive you've impacted the community.

Here's a little story,

When I first started off as Staff, most of you may or may not know that the staff ranks were different. Ranks were labeled as Helpers, T-Staff and Staff. I joined Foxcraft end of 2015 and started properly playing in January - February, This is when I decided to join the forums. My presence on Foxcraft started to remarkably get noticed, kinda felt like a celebrity because everyone started to recognise me in-game and on forums, I contributed a lot to the community and had shared valid points, Keep in mind I never wrote paragraphs and essays this long so I guess people liked me more back then :p . @cloakfox handpicked me as Helper even when applications for Helpers were closed, Soon after the whole Foxcraft community took a big shift, I started to receive critism and hate towards me, Players who agreed on my post or liked me started to ignore me and created fake rumours about me, You know things took a big turn when a ex- staff decided to abuse their powers to get me demoted. I remember especially there was 1 person who always supported me and stood behind my back who was @C2Obezerk . What I'm trying to say is whatever you do you're always going to receive hate and you're going to get critiqued on whatever you're going to do, Players will set you up to failure or manipulate evidence to get you in trouble demoted, Players will set you up so they can laugh at you. I want you to know it's going to be okay. You will always have support no matter what. This is why I was excited @cloakfox and @Mechz introduced the system of tutoring and pairing Admins/Mods with new Helpers, It's nice to see that there's a bigger support available now then previously also a great chance for a special bond between older and newer staff members.

If I have survived hate, players back stabbing me, Godzilla aka Connor going frenzy, Homophobic and racial slurs I'm sure you can survive anything. Ignore the hate and show compassion instead, Yes you have the essential tools to mute players but Instead I used compassion and helping players even if they've been negative towards you, As a staff you can't hold grudges, Your staff powers don't earn you respect, your behaviour and your contribution to the team and community does

Much love

Dansors
Another amazing speech from the one and only @Dansors you made many good points in what you've said. For all helpers, present and future, do realize you'll all receive criticism on a daily basis, and not just helpers, mods and admins of the past and present have been and too this day are STILL being criticized, it's not something you can escape, it's best to embrace it. If @Dansors can embrace it, seeing as he was HANDPICKED to be on the staff team and received more criticism than probably most staff have, than I know the present helpers and future helpers can withstand the criticism to come. The new helpers have a lot of potential, every single player has a lot of potential, so I urge any player to not criticize the new helpers, because imagine that was you, how would you feel? Being criticized for the smallest things that won't even make an impact. Every player has an equel chance to become a staff member, those upset that they were not chosen, it's not the end of the world, staff applications will open again. My final words for now are simple, just chill, no need to criticize everyone for everything, NO ONE IS PERFECT.

Baest

Donator
Banned #12
I could step on the bandwagon of making a huge post about people criticize new helpers and my experience with this. But I know for a fact my English will probably let me down and it would make me look stupid. But not as stupid as the people who are hating on the new helpers or on former helpers. It's just immature and childish to start picking on helpers whenever they got their rank 2 days ago. Like give them a break, as if you could do a better job, cause I highly doubt it. Instead of hating on them try to help them out and make it easier for them to get started, you will realize that with you helping them out you'll get rewarded yourself. No I'm not talking about ingame money or ranks on the server(s). I'm talking about increasing your chances on getting helper yourself and maybe a new/better 'bond' formed with the staff members. I remember me being helper and getting muting someone for "You're a filthy ni***r" and then being accused of abusing my power and getting reported. This was also in the space of 2 days being picked as helper. This is something only a few people know but 1 of the reason(s) I resigned was because of the community being so hostile and toxic towards staff members. And it came to the point where I realized that I shouldn't serve such an community and that I was wasting my time on players. Call me a wimp all you like for resigning for such a reason, I really couldn't care less. But that's not the only reasoning I resigned and I will not tell those reasons as they're private informations( in case you were wondering).

These where my 2 cents, do whatever you want with, read it, scroll over it, I don't mind.

-Peace

Arpen

Donator
a side note to players that hate on others, Please don't create a Helpers Application, we're not going to accept you, Period. No matter how amazing and long your application is. If you're toxic and you purposely hate on others we don't want you on our team, I don't care how long you've been playing on our server your attitude is important to us

We want players who help others and has a positive vibe on our team

Thanks

Everything the staff and exstaff member said on here is quite accurate... For the littlest thing we do wrong we receive tons of hate, please remember we are just learning everything and for those of you who don't know , English isn't my first language. I'm from Belgium (@Avatarking_ too) so there's more pressure on me trying to understand things sometimes, It would be helpful if the community supported me and helped me understand instead they send hate towards myself and my fellow staff friends
If we give someone a warning or a mute and that person thinks its an abuse,
(What they find an abuse) we receive lot hate from them and their friends, This message goes to everyone even the ex-members don't blame the community for being horrible when you're the reason this server doesn't improve.

That is not even normal? You can't start something without making mistakes.
I'm very sure your first time playing minecraft, you made plenty of mistakes. How many mistakes did you make? probably a lot.

Why is it fun to purposely get staff members demoted? I don't see the fun

I 100% agree everything @Dansors and @C2Obezerk have said above, highly respectable and influencers of our community to date!!

C2Obezerk

Friend
Donator
Everything the staff and exstaff member said on here is quite accurate... For the littlest thing we do wrong we receive tons of hate, please remember we are just learning everything and for those of you who don't know , English isn't my first language. I'm from Belgium (@Avatarking_ too) so there's more pressure on me trying to understand things sometimes, It would be helpful if the community supported me and helped me understand instead they send hate towards myself and my fellow staff friends
If we give someone a warning or a mute and that person thinks its an abuse,
(What they find an abuse) we receive lot hate from them and their friends, This message goes to everyone even the ex-members don't blame the community for being horrible when you're the reason this server doesn't improve.

That is not even normal? You can't start something without making mistakes.
I'm very sure your first time playing minecraft, you made plenty of mistakes. How many mistakes did you make? probably a lot.

Why is it fun to purposely get staff members demoted? I don't see the fun

I 100% agree everything @Dansors and @C2Obezerk have said above, highly respectable and influencers of our community to date!!
Great choice of words, I have the upmost respect for you because of this post. I hope for in the future, you and your fellow helpers can keep positive and block the haters out. Only then, will you become a better staff member. Good luck and congratulations on becoming helper!

TotalMM

Friend
Donator
It's funny because I was invited to a call yesterday, with some players. And they were insulting some of the new staff. So I asked what they did, they told me that they got muted for caps. Which was technically legitimate besides a potential warning they could have used. However it's two days in and they are human beings, let them be, they're getting used to the environment.

Heck when I started I applied logic from staffing Gary's Mod servers - Roam around the map and take no answers or excuses. If someone broke the rules, bam punished. I still somewhat carry the same formula today depending on the person. Not saying I'm biased but after a while certain members just don't change all that much.

To the people who moan at certain staff for being inactive and not demoted. The staff team are aware of the situation and know that issues in personal life are occuring. For me, it's education, if you would like to do my over 46,000 words in a month for me, then I could be more active. Other people have other things too, you gotta understand we have lives to live.

And to those who criticise the new staff, don't.
You're not helping them, or yourselves. Quite a few set bad reputations amongst the staff team, and by that point we all know your names and shortcomings. We know who the big harassers or general assholes are, pardon my french. Don't get triggered if we ignore you, sometimes we do it to save braincells.

And also, to the people who muck around with them. Saying "Ban me for 1 minute" or anything similar, you are wasting the staff members time, and your own. We come round to deal with legitimate issues, that have validation to the line of our work.

I say "work", it's more a volunteering thing. So if you like playing games legitimately, which a lot of you do. Thank us for making your game full with legitimate players such as yourself. We track down hackers, rulebreakers, and the rest quite frequently.

You think you were banned illegitimately? Ask the staff member who banned you, not another staff member who doesn't have enough information. This has happened with me a few times where I'm being asked about issues I never dealt with.

This is a great post to just rant on, and say about how as staff, we put up with a lot of stuff from you. More than you'd think.
Take every toxic player or group from every server, and that's what we deal with essentially. Aside from the legitimate requests for help.

In the human standpoint. Punishments are more "discipline". We have rules to make sure the server is as friendly as possible. To make sure it is as enjoyable as possible. And well, for some, enjoyment had different meanings. But we try to keep the community friendly. We use punishments like /mute or /ban or any others to make sure players see what they shouldn't be doing.

It's like the law. If everyone followed it there would be an abounding amount of unity within communities. Same with rules, if we all just followed them instead of whining, then we wouldn't have to worry. Heck, a lot of the staff team would probably cease to exist. But that's hard to imagine.

So I wouldn't like to keep punishing you all, but you are the ones who make me. Because with your behaviour I know personally how it can affect young ones, and isn't all too pleasant. I just wanna have a laugh, get to know you all, joke around a bit. Wholesome jokes of course.

But you don't make it easy for me. Or others.

So if you think we dislike you, or are biased against you.
It's just because you've been biased against us, it's human nature.
Funnily enough as I have seen more and more recently, with people in general. It's very hard to admit a fault, so a lot of people come off as very arrogant.

I admit mine, I can give examples from even college of where I have made fault and admitted it.

So don't try and act better, if you can't admit where you're wrong.
I can and do go wrong, and so do you. Don't pick on our flaws, because we'll pick on yours.

Cya
*Drops mic*

I honestly don't understand why half of the helpers were chosen. I know for a fact that most of them were twice as toxic as I was, and they got chosen for writing the longest application. I can see in the further that atkeast half will be demoted. @RedTheFox999 and @SirAvigaltar are the only good helpers that came out of that, so props to you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.