Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Survival 1.14.2

1.14.2?

• Yes

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
Nitpicking versions? Pvpers play on 1.7 and 1.8 for a reason, ain't nobody want some god damn delayed/timed hits instead of just jittering.
You know the cooldown timer can be easily disabled, right? That way, everyone can be happy and still play on the latest versions (except maybe the people that like the cooldowns).

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
"It took me 30 minutes to KILL someone in a 1v1"
No wonder, you guys are using axes. That's the slowest-swinging weapon in the game. What, you think something that does more damage than swords and renders shields unusable for a few seconds is just going to be able to swung at 1.8 speed? No, that would make shields completely useless. Use swords. Swords are for fighting normally, axes are for shield breaking. Axes do, what, 2 more points of damage than swords? That's pretty big difference considering the swing speed of the axe is half of the sword's. That, combined with the durability of the axe going down two points a hit instead of one, makes for awful PvP. If the PvP system changes, it's up to you to adapt to it. If you can't, then it sucks for you, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Banned #25
No wonder, you guys are using axes. That's the slowest-swinging weapon in the game. What, you think something that does more damage than swords and renders shields unusable for a few seconds is just going to be able to swung at 1.8 speed? No, that would make shields completely useless. Use swords. Swords are for fighting normally, axes are for shield breaking. Axes do, what, 2 more points of damage than swords? That's pretty big difference considering the swing speed of the axe is half of the sword's. That, combined with the durability of the axe going down two points a hit instead of one, makes for awful PvP. If the PvP system changes, it's up to you to adapt to it. If you can't, then it sucks for you, doesn't it?
?? that's Derms fighting, and 1.9 pvp. it's still slow anyway. just eat golden apples. I use swords, and it doesn't do anything because they just heal with golden apples. if you use axes, that destroys their armor, and makes them easier to kill

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
?? that's Derms fighting, and 1.9 pvp. it's still slow anyway. just eat golden apples. I use swords, and it doesn't do anything because they just heal with golden apples. if you use axes, that destroys their armor, and makes them easier to kill
I know it's Derms.
That's the only reason you use axes. Swords deal damage much faster, while spam clicking with axes barely does anything. You have to wait a whole second to swing again, compared to the sword's around half-a-second wait time. The damage can be dealt faster, protection enchantments protect against fire damage, so it only puts you at a disadvantage due to invincibility frames they get when taking damage from said fire. Critical hits are also a big factor. Spamming crits with swords will kill them much faster than simply running around and spamming M1 with an axe. Unless you're damn good at PvP to the point when you almost never miss and are really good at dodging hits, it's much more advisable to use a sword over an axe because of how much more forgiving missing your hits is. Preparedness is a big influence as well, as someone who has more supplies on them to aid in their fight is more likely to win unless they don't even have a monitor.

Banned #31
I know it's Derms.
That's the only reason you use axes. Swords deal damage much faster, while spam clicking with axes barely does anything. You have to wait a whole second to swing again, compared to the sword's around half-a-second wait time. The damage can be dealt faster, protection enchantments protect against fire damage, so it only puts you at a disadvantage due to invincibility frames they get when taking damage from said fire. Critical hits are also a big factor. Spamming crits with swords will kill them much faster than simply running around and spamming M1 with an axe. Unless you're damn good at PvP to the point when you almost never miss and are really good at dodging hits, it's much more advisable to use a sword over an axe because of how much more forgiving missing your hits is. Preparedness is a big influence as well, as someone who has more supplies on them to aid in their fight is more likely to win unless they don't even have a monitor.
On Survival there's mcmmo too, and axe mcmmo makes axes more useful than ordinary 1.9 pvp. 1.9 pvp is not as fun, it just doesn't suit OP fighting styles, that are on Survival. Because so many people are in OP gear because it's not been reset for over 3 years. Not being reset is a good thing though.

Banned #32
You know the cooldown timer can be easily disabled, right? That way, everyone can be happy and still play on the latest versions (except maybe the people that like the cooldowns).
Cooldown timer disabled or not, not a single pvp server owner will make it 1.9+ compatible and disable the timer. Disabling the timer on hits just ruins the pvp more, even if the hits are like 1.7 and 1.8, the players will always notice the hits are different compared to pvping on 1.7 or .8 than in 1.9+. The servers with 1.9+ compatibility pvp aspect has either delayed hits or unregistered hits

Banned #33
Axes do not do more damage than swords what ???????????????????????? They only do with mcmmo but mcmmo useless on 1.9 pvp

Last edited:

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
On Survival there's mcmmo too, and axe mcmmo makes axes more useful than ordinary 1.9 pvp. 1.9 pvp is not as fun, it just doesn't suit OP fighting styles, that are on Survival. Because so many people are in OP gear because it's not been reset for over 3 years. Not being reset is a good thing though.
MCMMO is pretty unbalanced, if you think about it. An armor skill should be added that can allow you to block the crushing durability damage from axes.
Axes do not do more damage than swords what ???????????????????????? They only do with mcmmo but mcmmo useless on 1.9 pvp
Axes deal more damage in 1.9 onward.

Since Cloakfox is struggling to get every version stable with 1.14.2 so you can still join survival, would you be okay with playing on 1.14.2 instead of previous versions so the update can come to Survival sooner?
I only disagree with the version. 1.14.3 is going to be a better update for the server, with more option of customization.
I say reset the sever and start a new blank canvas with 1.14.3.

Donator
Thread starter Banned #38
I only disagree with the version. 1.14.3 is going to be a better update for the server, with more option of customization.
Lmaoooo

Banned #39
Nah, a full reset isn't needed. Cloak can reset the end, nether for example. And just reset balances and reconfigure the economy and the server would be good to go without a full reset. A full reset would 100% damage the community in the long run, and I'm speaking as a longtime Survival player since 2013, so I know what I'm talking about.

Baest

Donator
Banned #40
Nah, a full reset isn't needed. Cloak can reset the end, nether for example. And just reset balances and reconfigure the economy and the server would be good to go without a full reset. A full reset would 100% damage the community in the long run, and I'm speaking as a longtime Survival player since 2013, so I know what I'm talking about.
What if people build their base in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.