Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Retired Staff

Should we give back more to the retired staff?

• GIVE EM MILLIONS

• Yes, something small at least!

• To some, not just anyone.

• what is resign!/?!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time they resign because of school or they are getting bored of minecraft a small token of appreciation would be nice.

Redex_

Friend
Donator
If the [Retired] isn't possible, you could maybe give a donor rank to the retired staff that don't already have one? (Maybe VIP or Skyfox)

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
But when's the last time a [Staff] was demoted? Not T-Staff, since that rank was only there to see if they were ready to become a full staff member.

Almost all of the staff whom I can remember resigned. So I don't see why Affixes is saying they don't deserve anything for throwing away precious time putting effort into the server.

Agreed!

Think of it like this, you are a Staff Member. You have worked very hard and spent hours for Foxcraft to improve the community. Then you decide to resign for a reason. Don't you think you deserve something for helping the community? At least a tag?

I don't see this coming back any time soon. Most staff get demoted or resign for a reason, and if it isn't inactivity, that normally doesn't mean something good. We are not going to look into each staff member on a case-by-case basis, because then everybody would be complaining.
There is no "case-by-case business" all of the [Staff] members resign and they least they deserve is a tag really is it so hard?!

Silvic

Dedicated Member
I believe that creating applications for the Friend rank would solve these problems. The upside of this being that @Affixes may decide whether or not they are fit for this rank. However, I do understand that there are more important things to be done, but this is just my opinion.

Micm_

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #31
DISCLAIMER:

I didn't add a "No" option, in case any of you were thinking that.

I believe that creating applications for the Friend rank would solve these problems. The upside of this being that @Affixes may decide whether or not they are fit for this rank. However, I do understand that there are more important things to be done, but this is just my opinion.
There is no "case-by-case business" all of the [Staff] members resign and they least they deserve is a tag really is it so hard?!
I agree with both because I had the same thoughts.

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
Having first-hand experience with our forum software, I can say that making a "Retired Staff" group will take no more than 2 minutes. The permission system is literally a checkbox system.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
(not from out forum). For making the "Retired Staff" group, all you need to do is copy the default member group's permissions since all that is being asked if for a simple prefix. a 5-year-old can do it....
Now, just like on the old forum, only [Staff], now [Admin], would be able to achieve this rank. No [Staff]/[Admin] has ever been demoted, they all resigned.

Friend
Donator
Having first-hand experience with our forum software, I can say that making a "Retired Staff" group will take no more than 2 minutes. The permission system is literally a checkbox system.
(not from out forum). For making the "Retired Staff" group, all you need to do is copy the default member group's permissions since all that is being asked if for a simple prefix. a 5-year-old can do it....
Now, just like on the old forum, only [Staff], now [Admin], would be able to achieve this rank. No [Staff]/[Admin] has ever been demoted, they all resigned.
Run butter run. neon hair, and a few others were demoted for inactivity

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
Run butter run. neon hair, and a few others were demoted for inactivity
Runbutterrun retired gracefully.... Neon was demoted, yes.
Edit: Though that is not the issue at hand. The issue is whether or not to make a retired rank, and I am saying it can be easily made.

I don't see this coming back any time soon. Most staff get demoted or resign for a reason, and if it isn't inactivity, that normally doesn't mean something good. We are not going to look into each staff member on a case-by-case basis, because then everybody would be complaining.
Atleast give the next resigning staff members appriciation?

It's not about whether it's easy or not, it's about whether it's logical.

I didn't realise the majority of the people actually leave themselves, so I'll have it up for discussion internally.

Redex_

Friend
Donator
It's not about whether it's easy or not, it's about whether it's logical.

I didn't realise the majority of the people actually leave themselves, so I'll have it up for discussion internally.
I don't really see any reason not to add the rank, most major minecraft servers have some way of rewarding their retired staff members.

It's a quick, easy addition that would mean a lot to those who generously spent countless hours of their time without much reward. You can argue they did this out of their own free will - their choice, but shouldn't they be rewarded for just that?

Status
Not open for further replies.