Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Eula compliancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Hey Foxcrafters!

After our latest eula post, I kinda left you guys in the dark, and havent provided much info about what exacly we are going to do to become fully compliant. This was simply because I didn't even know myself how I was going to tackle this.. issue. Anyway after a few brainstorming sessions, I came up with a rather simple solution.

Voting for ranks!
Yes, very soon you will receive "Voting Points" vp for short or /vp ingame SOON)
With these points you will be able to redeem donator ranks ingame for a set amount of time.
The time you will be able to use these ranks will most likely be 2 weeks.

For each vote you get 1 voting point. Ranks redeemed by voting points are not global, so choose wisely on wich gamemode you would like to receive the rank. (By joining the gamemode and running the /ranks command)

This is a very simple and clever solution for eula compliancy because:
  • You can basicly try out ranks before buying them
  • Foxcraft will receive more votes, and there for will be listed higher on the rankings
  • Ranks are soon available for users who do not wish to pay for it. (Eula compliant)
Downsides:
  • Server donations might drop
I will keep you guys updated on when this system is implemented and when it will fully work. (Yes this is being customly coded as we speak).

Everything else on our store should already be compliant, since tokens, mcmmo, crates, and money can already be obtained ingame (voting).

Thanks for reading,

- Cloakfox

Banned #2
Hey Foxcrafters!

After our latest eula post, I kinda left you guys in the dark, and havent provided much info about what exacly we are going to do to become fully compliant. This was simply because I didn't even know myself how I was going to tackle this.. issue. Anyway after a few brainstorming sessions, I came up with a rather simple solution.

Voting for ranks!
Yes, very soon you will receive "Voting Points" vp for short or /vp ingame SOON)
With these points you will be able to redeem donator ranks ingame for a set amount of time.
The time you will be able to use these ranks will most likely be 2 weeks.

For each vote you get 1 voting point. Ranks redeemed by voting points are not global, so choose wisely on wich gamemode you would like to receive the rank. (By joining the gamemode and running the /ranks command)

This is a very simple and clever solution for eula compliancy because:
  • You can basicly try out ranks before buying them
  • Foxcraft will receive more votes, and there for will be listed higher on the rankings
  • Ranks are soon available for users who do not wish to pay for it. (Eula compliant)
Downsides:
  • Server donations might drop
I will keep you guys updated on when this system is implemented and when it will fully work. (Yes this is being customly coded as we speak).

Everything else on our store should already be compliant, since tokens, mcmmo, crates, and money can already be obtained ingame (voting).

Thanks for reading,

- Cloakfox
Brilliant ideas Leon, as per usual, I think this is a unique twist/way to make players stay, it can also bring the population and the server voting up a lot, as you said!

Banned #7
If mohjang wouldn't be greedy and had some actually knowledge going on. They'd know eula would cause chaos and be bullshit overall.

This is an actual good solution for it do, 1 helps the server attract more players (players will vote more) and Foxcraft will most likely not be put in the blacklist anymore.

will there be other unique items on the /vp shop other then ranks? perhaps pickaxes with efficiency 8 unbreaking 4 on factions! it wouldn't be that much of an advantage... just a faster dig speed... just thinking about the ones who are foxking already, and don't play other servers... if all the servers had a cool unique /vp shop then that would be neat!

Honestly Cloakfox this is such a brilliant idea! I think this was a great choice.

P.S You said "Everything else on our store should already be compliant, since tokens, mcmmo, crates, and money can already be obtained ingame (voting)." You can not receive mcmmo on Skyblock from voting, you may want to fix that :)

Why don't you just make it so if people get lets say 50million on a server they can upgrade to donator then 100 for vip and so on price doesn't matter just make it balanced for the server

Why don't you just make it so if people get lets say 50million on a server they can upgrade to donator then 100 for vip and so on price doesn't matter just make it balanced for the server
Good idea! :D That would gain more active players ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.