Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

The Prison, Reset and Everything (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Little background first. I am more mature that the most players on this server, so my thoughts might be a bit different than most.

I came to this server two weeks ago or so, because my preschooler wanted to play online and he had seen a video about this server. So we both entered and I had also a role of guardian and translator as he does not read and understand English very well, yet. Greetings from Finland :cool:

In the beginning I did find the server quite confusing as there was only tidbits of information in the forums about 1) what the prison is all about 2) how you should survive the first day (food, shelter, basic items) 3) where to get things that are not in the shop 4) basic strategy

Actually I read tutorial on DIFFERENT servers forum about how things worked there and got the basics covered. The /help pages are too brief, there should be a nice tutorial with all basic commands with real life examples.

When we succeeded to get plots and start mining away things were great.

It was 4 day or so and then there was an incident and the server state was restored from the backup. This resulted 30% loss of value for me. But still it took only 5 evenings to get to the complete level AND I at the same time generated money to get my son to level up. Not to forget his "pvp me" adventures. He liked to collect his own heads and was generating some weird situations in the PVP area.

I personally do not do PVP (if throwing carrots around PVP line does not count :cool: and I like to play by building & developing my plot and using trading skills to rank up. I find the server way too easy to get to last level.

People who look forward to PVP must have possibility to so, but areas where this can be done should be clearly separated from the safe areas that have access to the mines etc.

Some people complain that they are bored and when people say that they are bored they quite often start to do stupid things. But why they are bored ? They most likely have already completed the prison, have all the money they ever need, have so powerful weapons and armory they there is no challenge even in PVP.

Why the prison should even have PVP, the inmates should try to help each others out and have PVP with guards for stuff :cool:

As I hit the "complete" level and I dislike the PVP there is no new goal (level) for me to look forward to. I really cannot compete with billionaire players with all the free time they have and I don't. When you get your own family you will understand and value the free time much more :cool:

I SO MUCH LIKE that THIS SERVER has the mining and game play has been kept in the vanilla level, without "you have free diamond tools with 42 fortune" I just recently tried some other prison servers and even the non-OP Prisons are ADHD madness which have no point as the work level is similar but mining is uncontrollable mess.

Also some server had artificial rules, enchanted items are forbidden, no red stone, no farms etc. I think those rules were put to place because the server economy is already bad and shop prices are set wrongly. I would like to see the free market economy to remain. If some deflation/inflation has to be forced it should be done with shop prices, injecting or limiting the items in the market/mine. Most importantly this should be monitored, but not too much. There is always so things that are rare or hard to obtain that should have value.

This leads to the future. I would like to see this server to be nice place for others and me. I would have all the technological resources to run a server, but I lack free time to keep it running for large player base. And I like to see bunch or players doing something and most of all trading stuff.

If the prison is to be changed these would be nice be nice:

1. There should be much more levels and the last ones should be nearly impossible without years of play.

This would eliminate the need of more levels later. Does it matter to people that they must be "complete" and then get bored. Or there will be a higher goal to achieve and this would lead to much higher regular player base.

I would use something like this.... get your Excel out... "100000 * 1,5 ^ (level - 2)" which would make level 26=Z to be 1.683.411.220 and has not too hard first levels. More user comprehensible rounding is is naturally needed.

2. The levels should be named with ASCENDING order A, B, C,...

3. The more separated PVP area as mentioned earlier.

4. Safe access to mines and anther places, separate area for PVP

The De facto PVP area in C-block should be moved a little so that there is a safe path to furnace for newbies. The same goes with the higher level mines that should have safe access from their warp.

5. Less cluttered chat.

Are all of those automated messages really important all the time ? Option for players to opt-out.

Auto muting of player who spams the same message repeatedly. 5 min or so.

6. Auction should have no starting bid limitations.

When you have managed to get bunch of rare items, it is really annoying to sell those one by one to have decent starting bid. Also people regularly cancel auction if bids are not in the right ballpark and then start the auction again.

It has been nice to play with you all and I hope this will get even better,

Tahtovuori

ps. Did you really read this far, thanks.

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Little background first. I am more mature that the most players on this server, so my thoughts might be a bit different than most.

I came to this server two weeks ago or so, because my preschooler wanted to play online and he had seen a video about this server. So we both entered and I had also a role of guardian and translator as he does not read and understand English very well, yet. Greetings from Finland :cool:

In the beginning I did find the server quite confusing as there was only tidbits of information in the forums about 1) what the prison is all about 2) how you should survive the first day (food, shelter, basic items) 3) where to get things that are not in the shop 4) basic strategy

Actually I read tutorial on DIFFERENT servers forum about how things worked there and got the basics covered. The /help pages are too brief, there should be a nice tutorial with all basic commands with real life examples.

When we succeeded to get plots and start mining away things were great.

It was 4 day or so and then there was an incident and the server state was restored from the backup. This resulted 30% loss of value for me. But still it took only 5 evenings to get to the complete level AND I at the same time generated money to get my son to level up. Not to forget his "pvp me" adventures. He liked to collect his own heads and was generating some weird situations in the PVP area.

I personally do not do PVP (if throwing carrots around PVP line does not count :cool: and I like to play by building & developing my plot and using trading skills to rank up. I find the server way too easy to get to last level.

People who look forward to PVP must have possibility to so, but areas where this can be done should be clearly separated from the safe areas that have access to the mines etc.

Some people complain that they are bored and when people say that they are bored they quite often start to do stupid things. But why they are bored ? They most likely have already completed the prison, have all the money they ever need, have so powerful weapons and armory they there is no challenge even in PVP.

Why the prison should even have PVP, the inmates should try to help each others out and have PVP with guards for stuff :cool:

As I hit the "complete" level and I dislike the PVP there is no new goal (level) for me to look forward to. I really cannot compete with billionaire players with all the free time they have and I don't. When you get your own family you will understand and value the free time much more :cool:

I SO MUCH LIKE that THIS SERVER has the mining and game play has been kept in the vanilla level, without "you have free diamond tools with 42 fortune" I just recently tried some other prison servers and even the non-OP Prisons are ADHD madness which have no point as the work level is similar but mining is uncontrollable mess.

Also some server had artificial rules, enchanted items are forbidden, no red stone, no farms etc. I think those rules were put to place because the server economy is already bad and shop prices are set wrongly. I would like to see the free market economy to remain. If some deflation/inflation has to be forced it should be done with shop prices, injecting or limiting the items in the market/mine. Most importantly this should be monitored, but not too much. There is always so things that are rare or hard to obtain that should have value.

This leads to the future. I would like to see this server to be nice place for others and me. I would have all the technological resources to run a server, but I lack free time to keep it running for large player base. And I like to see bunch or players doing something and most of all trading stuff.

If the prison is to be changed these would be nice be nice:

1. There should be much more levels and the last ones should be nearly impossible without years of play.

This would eliminate the need of more levels later. Does it matter to people that they must be "complete" and then get bored. Or there will be a higher goal to achieve and this would lead to much higher regular player base.

I would use something like this.... get your Excel out... "100000 * 1,5 ^ (level - 2)" which would make level 26=Z to be 1.683.411.220 and has not too hard first levels. More user comprehensible rounding is is naturally needed.

2. The levels should be named with ASCENDING order A, B, C,...

3. The more separated PVP area as mentioned earlier.

4. Safe access to mines and anther places, separate area for PVP

The De facto PVP area in C-block should be moved a little so that there is a safe path to furnace for newbies. The same goes with the higher level mines that should have safe access from their warp.

5. Less cluttered chat.

Are all of those automated messages really important all the time ? Option for players to opt-out.

Auto muting of player who spams the same message repeatedly. 5 min or so.

6. Auction should have no starting bid limitations.

When you have managed to get bunch of rare items, it is really annoying to sell those one by one to have decent starting bid. Also people regularly cancel auction if bids are not in the right ballpark and then start the auction again.

It has been nice to play with you all and I hope this will get even better,

Tahtovuori

ps. Did you really read this far, thanks.
This is about OP prison, correct? I haven't played much, but would agree with most of your points. That's a pretty major issue if you were to get to Complete in just a few days. The attraction would be gone, losing Foxcraft lots of players. Therefore, instead of being waves of players, there would be a solid player base with new players coming in. This was a good read and brought up some good points. I also appriecate that you're keeping your child safe by looking in to servers.

Omg its soo long I can't read it ... 2 hours late what are we talking about with this thread I forgot it's been so long:D

Thread starter #5
This is about OP prison, correct? I haven't played much, but would agree with most of your points. That's a pretty major issue if you were to get to Complete in just a few days. The attraction would be gone, losing Foxcraft lots of players. Therefore, instead of being waves of players, there would be a solid player base with new players coming in. This was a good read and brought up some good points. I also appriecate that you're keeping your child safe by looking in to servers.
Just the regular prison, I stated that OP is just a too fast mess, without any difference. If you have 10 times more powerfull pickaxes, but everything costs 10 times more. The "advantage" is nullified and player just have a feeling that he is more powerfull and progresses faster even if that is just an illusion.

It can not go A,B,C etc. thats opprison setup/function going along with the game ranks.. Also 5 days for complete! That is basically impossible if you started from scratch.

Thread starter #9
It can not go A,B,C etc. thats opprison setup/function going along with the game ranks.. Also 5 days for complete! That is basically impossible if you started from scratch.
I do not have any reason to brag with this. I have seen you and I think you have seen me too hanging around.

I get to complete _before_ I even got the cactus farm runing. Sugarcane, pumpkins and apples were much more profitable.

The /lastlog states that I first logged in 2016-02-19 so it has been a month. If you reduce the babysitting time and the time needed to figure out all the commands etc and the fact that my current balance is 4 million with a lot of other valuable stuff in chests. That would make it from 0 to complete in much less that two weeks, agreed ?

I truly was having fun not just grinding away. I farm when other people waste their time in PVP and provide the stuff they need to the evonomy, that equals money.

Took me about a week to get [Complete] I quit prison after that so yeah i'd say this is a great idea. it'd give people a reason to stay on prison

I do not have any reason to brag with this. I have seen you and I think you have seen me too hanging around.

I get to complete _before_ I even got the cactus farm runing. Sugarcane, pumpkins and apples were much more profitable.

The /lastlog states that I first logged in 2016-02-19 so it has been a month. If you reduce the babysitting time and the time needed to figure out all the commands etc and the fact that my current balance is 4 million with a lot of other valuable stuff in chests. That would make it from 0 to complete in much less that two weeks, agreed ?

I truly was having fun not just grinding away. I farm when other people waste their time in PVP and provide the stuff they need to the evonomy, that equals money.
I personally don't think pvping is "wasting time" I feel the need for the reset, I was already op with a dub of sharp 5s and P4 added on with a balance of 44mil. Also, It was getting boring and I've been here since the start of prison back in 2014.

I personally don't think pvping is "wasting time" I feel the need for the reset, I was already op with a dub of sharp 5s and P4 added on with a balance of 44mil. Also, It was getting boring and I've been here since the start of prison back in 2014.
5DAYS i got mine in a month lol I'm a nub #NubAlert:cool:

I think you have proposed some smart ideas. There will be a prison reset soon and you posted this at a good time. The owner will be re-creating the Prison and hopefully he will take these suggestions into account. There is a suggestion area on the forums where you can get your ideas reviewed faster. I think we should have tutorials for all servers and we need to add more rank ups because it is very easy and there is no need in buying a donator rank if you can farm efficiently.

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
If you have a preschooler, I'd advise leaving Foxcraft. Fox probably has the most toxic community I've ever seen. Constant profanity and 18+ content is so common within the public chats.

As a former staff, I know exactly how players of Foxcraft are and how they do things. I wouldn't want a preschooler to be hurt by one of the cruel teens on this server. And there are no rules against toxic profanity despite the exception of some racist, homophobic, etc.. slurs.

Especially Prison. But it's your choice. Just stating some facts.

Nice ideas though. Haha.

If you have a preschooler, I'd advise leaving Foxcraft. Fox probably has the most toxic community I've ever seen. Constant profanity and 18+ content is so common within the public chats.

As a former staff, I know exactly how players of Foxcraft are and how they do things. I wouldn't want a preschooler to be hurt by one of the cruel teens on this server. And there are no rules against toxic profanity despite the exception of some racist, homophobic, etc.. slurs.

Nice ideas though. Haha.
There are settings that can turn off chat, and he can always interact with another player for his child.

Nice ideas though. Haha.

Definitely agreed. Constant hour mutes are handed out on a daily basis for homophobic slurs, racist slurs, and other forms of discrimination. There is also constant profanity over stupid things (I will admit, I use light profanity, but I used to use it in about every message I sent.) Honestly, Prison is a game-mode that definitely induces rage, so be careful with such a young child on there! Anyways, I hope some of your ideas are accepted, because I agree with them! Others, not so much, but I'm not here to disagree, just to state where I personally stand on this thread. :)

Not to be an asshole or anything, but it seems as if you've grown in-active on Prison sadly! :(

If your child is this young, I suggest you should find a more Family friendly server. This server has 18+ and quite a bit of Sexual language.
This is an addition to @DontPaanic, but I thought I'd list more things of why this is not an appropriate server for a preschooler.

1. Raciest Players
2. Death Encouragement
3. Death Threats
4. Sexual Language
5. Homophobic
6. Slurs

If you do see this, you can report it. report section
Don't be worried about what I listed above, most of the players who say this are about nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.