Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

The Kitpvp revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Hello everyone!

The Kitpvp gamemode has recently went through a series of big updates in an attempt to bring it back to it's old glory. You will read more about these updates below.

To get an impression of what we mean by "bring it back to it's old glory" take a look at this video.
(Original kitpvp)

Now to be fair kitpvp in it's current state is much better then it was back then, but the popularity of the mode has taken a hit. We have done our best to get a revival going and we are on the right course if you compare playercount numbers before this revamp.

Watch the kitpvp trailer below to get an impression of the new kitpvp!

Trailer:
Made by @oHotdog

So what exactly has changed or has updated on Kitpvp?

Block rewards
We have introduced a new rewards system that rewards players with all kinds of different building blocks. The blocks have different rarity's ranging from "common" to "Legendary" in between those are "Rare" and "Epic" blocks.
Knipsel.PNG

You will be able to build with the blocks on your personal plot that you can claim with /plot auto (it will cost 100$ ingame money)
There is a catch though. When you kill someone in the arena, the block rewards will go to your inventory and you risk losing them if you die. So make sure to take regular pitstops at the enderchests that are spread out in the map to save them for later usage on your plot.

Item filters
We have removed our old /drops command and added /filter. This basicly works the same but allows you to add filters for items/blocks you want to pick up from the ground whilst leaving garbage on the ground.

Duels
Just like on prison & skyblock kitpvp now offers duels where you can 1v1 other players in a fair fight with same gear

Leaderboards
New & custom leaderboards system

New anti-cheat
We are currently using a new anti-cheat. So far it has been pretty good at preventing hackers from having any fun. The recent false bans have also been resolved.

Changelogs:
We will be taking distance from the kit plugin we use currently to make place for a custom solution in the near future, the experience of the custom abilities will stay the same but we are adding in more kits and are making sure kit exploits aren't working.

We will continue to update the Kitpvp gamemode untill we feel it's perfect, ps: we love tweaking/testing things on the go and getting feedback on kitpvp.

Thanks for reading, I will post more announcements soon ;)

PS: I hope you guys like the new discord bot too!

Last edited:

0sxar

Donator
no i haven't but anyways sick. i remember those old old old kitpvp times where you was able to open crates for 100 or smth and able to get items, that was nice too

Hello everyone!

The Kitpvp gamemode has recently went through a series of big updates in an attempt to bring it back to it's old glory. You will read more about these updates below.

To get an impression of what we mean by "bring it back to it's old glory" take a look at this video.
(Original kitpvp)

Now to be fair kitpvp in it's current state is much better then it was back then, but the popularity of the mode has taken a hit. We have done our best to get a revival going and we are on the right course if you compare playercount numbers before this revamp.

Trailer:
Made by @oHotdog

Block rewards
We have introduced a new rewards system that rewards players with all kinds of different building blocks. The blocks have different rarity's ranging from "common" to "Legendary" in between those are "Rare" and "Epic" blocks.
View attachment 6094

You will be able to build with the blocks on your personal plot that you can claim with /plot auto (it will cost 100$ ingame money)
There is a catch though. When you kill someone in the arena, the block rewards will go to your inventory and you risk losing them if you die. So make sure to take regular pitstops at the enderchests that are spread out in the map to save them for later usage on your plot.

Item filters
We have removed our old /drops command and added /filter. This basicly works the same but allows you to add filters for items/blocks you want to pick up from the ground whilst leaving garbage on the ground.

Duels
Just like on prison & skyblock kitpvp now offers duels where you can 1v1 other players in a fair fight with same gear

Leaderboards

New anti-cheat
We are currently using a new anti-cheat. So far it has been pretty good at preventing hackers from having any fun. The recent false bans have also been resolved.

Changelogs:
We will be taking distance from the kit plugin we use currently to make place for a custom solution in the near future, the experience of the custom abilities will stay the same but we are adding in more kits and are making sure kit exploits aren't working.

We will continue to update the Kitpvp gamemode untill we feel it's perfect, ps: we love tweaking/testing things on the go and getting feedback on kitpvp.

so
Hello everyone!

(Original kitpvp)

Trailer:
Made by @oHotdog

Block rewards
View attachment 6094

Item filters

Duels

Leaderboards

New anti-cheat

Changelogs:

Fox you could try to do everything to revive the server but in my opinion , you already killed it enough and it’s going to be too hard to revive this game mode. I also feel y’all are working in the game modes that didn’t really attract people back then and I feel that y’all should work on prison , and Skyblock. These game mode never receive updates.

so

Fox you could try to do everything to revive the server but in my opinion , you already killed it enough and it’s going to be too hard to revive this game mode. I also feel y’all are working in the game modes that didn’t really attract people back then and I feel that y’all should work on prison , and Skyblock. These game mode never receive updates.

Wait wait wait, you're saying Kitpvp attracted no players back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.