Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Sudden lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Ok so I just joined 20 minutes ago and for some reason survival's lagging like crazy! I think I speak for people who still play survival when I say what the hell is causing the lag?

Siwle

Well what type of lagging first of all? There's two types:

CLIENT SIDE LAG: Are you personally lagging? By this I mean is your internet system giving you over 95ms (latency) or is your framerate below 30? If you answered yes to any of these -- you have client side lag issues meaning that it's a really good idea that you optimize your Minecraft settings to gain the best experience or change the region you play in (DO NOT USE A VPN) If this doesn't work -- it's a good idea to try restarting your computer and turning off any background apps you may have running that could possibly be using up your WIFI or FPS.

SERVER SIDE LAG: If there is a high playerbase in your server -- expect some lag. When a player does something they send various packets to the server. If multiple players started going this, you can expect a small delay from all of the packets being sent. Another cause of server side lag is the server not having enough processing speed to withstand the amount of packets being sent by each player. Another form of server side lag you may see is entities! If many players are dropping items then that can be taken into account for lag! I can go more into depth but it's not required.

Hopefully this helped!

Thread starter #4
Well what type of lagging first of all? There's two types:

CLIENT SIDE LAG: Are you personally lagging? By this I mean is your internet system giving you over 95ms (latency) or is your framerate below 30? If you answered yes to any of these -- you have client side lag issues meaning that it's a really good idea that you optimize your Minecraft settings to gain the best experience or change the region you play in (DO NOT USE A VPN) If this doesn't work -- it's a good idea to try restarting your computer and turning off any background apps you may have running that could possibly be using up your WIFI or FPS.

SERVER SIDE LAG: If there is a high playerbase in your server -- expect some lag. When a player does something they send various packets to the server. If multiple players started going this, you can expect a small delay from all of the packets being sent. Another cause of server side lag is the server not having enough processing speed to withstand the amount of packets being sent by each player. Another form of server side lag you may see is entities! If many players are dropping items then that can be taken into account for lag! I can go more into depth but it's not required.

Hopefully this helped!
I read and analyzed both reasons
1. The lagspikes didn't happen to just me but it's also happening to everyone else who joins survival as I've asked people if they are experiencing some lag and they all said yes.

2. I'm not too sure about the playerbase cause when I was in survival there were only 2 rows of players, so I don't think it's other people causing the lag.

Thanks for telling me this info though it'l help a lot when I next join the server

Siwle

Then it must be serverside lag. There must be some underlying thing that's causing the server to lag. I'm going to guess it's entities since that's the cause of most server side lag issues.

Ok so I just joined 20 minutes ago and for some reason survival's lagging like crazy! I think I speak for people who still play survival when I say what the hell is causing the lag?
I dont think the problem is lag...I think the problem is ur still playing survival on a SERVER LMAO WTF GO PLAY SINGLEPLAYER LOSER

Status
Not open for further replies.