Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

storage overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallideadly

Known Member
Thread starter #1
The Silo on display today is a mere 100 blocks tall of storage, (small silo) in a 1x1 space stored vertically. As with any Silo out there in the real world, they contain a single item type such as wheat for example. *max storage capacity of this small silo exceeds 4.6 million blocks - 64x27x27x100

This Silo was made to house the block types that one gets millions of. Still able to access the product if on hand supply is needed. There is no building around the Silo so as to give the view of the machine. A Silo is a simple circular tower so I will leave that up to you all.

Theses storage silos can be made from bedrock to max build limit, (don't ask me how many items that works out to, oof).

2023-01-08_13.03.11.png
Here is the idea.

From whatever farm or device a person uses to send items to the silo they will be received at the shulker box loader. When the shulker box is full it is sent to a minecart with chest. When the Minecart with chest has 27 full shulker boxes in it the machine will send the minecart into the silo and ready a new empty minecart with chest.
The Silo can hold 100 minecarts in a single vertical chamber and they all slot down 1 position in order each time a full minecart is sent up.

2023-01-08_13.00.41.png
The redstone to trigger the silo tower is surprisingly simple. A redstone signal sent into the lower note blocks activates each side vertically all the way up simultaneously.

The same trigger that releases a full minecart with chest into the silo also triggers the trapdoors to lower all carts in the silo by 1 space to allow for the incoming cart. When the cart is sent on its way a new cart gets dispensed.

2023-01-08_13.01.02.png

There is enough space to have 100 minecarts with chests at the ready. (dispenser - 9, 2 hoppers = 10. barrel = 27, double chest = 54)

The shulker box loader is the basic 3x3 version found on the internet with minor changes to fit my build.

2023-01-08_13.04.24.png

On the bottom is of course soul sand just out of view for the water elevator. I use Sculk to stop water flow which helps to give the minecarts more room to enter the water.

If the silo is not full and you can't reach the stack to access blocks, then go to the minecart that is currently being loaded and grab items from there. If you still need more then the lever will lower all carts by 1 space. keep doing that until you have access to your cart.

The bottom rail is left for options. Here I use it to send a cart back up into the silo but it could also be diverted to go anywhere.

2023-01-08_13.06.05.png

Kept the build to a respectable 4 block width and 8 blocks wide but the vertical is crazy.

I had 4 large melon farms built up around this silo and had it running for days. The machine is flawless. Hated the look of the melon farms around the silo so tore them all down. Better for pics to have them gone anyways.

So if someone has the largest tree farm ever or is a cobblestone hoarder, here is a solution for you.

Hope this helps, have fun out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.