Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Banned #1
@SilverFawkes , I had repeatedly told you that the plot was accepted. It was a literal remake of the one you cleared ONLY for having 18+ content (Male private part) Made out of hay blocks. This ridiculous and I am expected to water down my plot? There is a difference between offending people and making a plot historically accurate. Literally ridiculous. The whole pretext of the plot was for the liberation of slaves due to Harriet Tubman's bravery. We had a whole underground railroad set up in the woods. Horrible judgement, even after I had repeatedly told you in the chat that we had permission and I requested a message before you erased my WHOLE plot that took HOURS to build. RIDICULOUS. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thread starter Banned #2
Also, please do not close this, I would like a civil discussion towards the topic and would like to see the community response.

My dude, I never ONCE said that the only thing wrong with that plot was the 18+.
You are putting words in my mouth over the matter.

The only thing I said at the time of the first clearing of your plot, when you had created a massive "male body part" statue, was that it did not matter what else was on the plot, what mattered was the 18+ statue. If you have a plot with anything racist or 18+ the entire plot gets cleared regardless of what else is on the plot with it. That is the rule and that's ALL I stated to you at the time of the initial plot clear.

Seeing as your "permission" from Shaf was based on you telling him that I told you it was okay, which was a complete lie, I don't consider that valid proof. If he would like to message me on the matter and say I'm in the wrong, so be it. I will admit I was in the wrong if that is the case. But I won't be accepting "proof" from you or your group. It needs to come from Shaf himself.

For those reading this post now, the plot in question did not appear to be "A tribute to Harriet Tubman" to me or several other people who witnessed the plot as well. It appeared to us as just a field full of cotton with several "statues" of African American individuals spread out all over the cotton field. In my and several others' eyes that is considered racism.

Thread starter Banned #4
My dude, I never ONCE said that the only thing wrong with that plot was the 18+.

The only thing I said at the time of the first clearing of your plot, when you had created a massive "male body part" statue, was that it did not matter what else was on the plot, what mattered was the 18+ statue. If you have a plot with anything racist or 18+ the entire plot gets cleared regardless of what else is on the plot with it. That is the rule and that's ALL I stated to you at the time of the initial plot clear.

Seeing as your "permission" from Shaf was based on you telling him that I told you it was okay, which was a complete lie, I don't consider that valid proof. If he would like to message me on the matter and say I'm in the wrong, so be it. I will admit I was in the wrong if that is the case. But I won't be accepting "proof" from you or your group. It needs to come from Shaf himself.

For those reading this post now, the plot in question did not appear to be "A tribute to Harriet Tubman" to me or several other people who witnessed the plot as well. It appeared to us as just a field full of cotton with several "statues" of African American individuals spread out all over the cotton field. In my and several others' eyes that is considered racism.
It's historically accurate. How am I supposed to water down a plot about one of the most influential characters in history?
Also, I am not putting words into your mouth. I specifically asked you what it was cleared for and you said 18+ content. That's ALL you said! How am I putting words in your mouth? Am I wrong to assume that if you only give me one reason for it being cleared, the others are okay? How am I supposed to operate within your gray area without clarity from the staff?

Thread starter Banned #5

Also, they were just statues of ProbationZ! The staff who got demoted and banned for crashing the creative server. Am I wrong to put him in a position that may be sensitive to people as a placeholder?

It's historically accurate. How am I supposed to water down a plot about one of the most influential characters in history?
Also, I am not putting words into your mouth. I specifically asked you what it was cleared for and you said 18+ content. That's ALL you said! How am I putting words in your mouth? Am I wrong to assume that if you only give me one reason for it being cleared, the others are okay? How am I supposed to operate within your gray area without clarity from the staff?
The only thing I looked at on your plot was the 18+ statue. I did not see the rest of it nor did you ask if I had. I gave you the reason that the plot was removed, which was the 18+. Just because I didn't even SEE the blatant racism the first time does not mean I allowed it to continue to happen. I don't go around examining every inch of each plot before it gets cleared looking for everything wrong with it. I saw something that needed to be removed, I removed it. End of story.

zZer0_

based on what you're saying, you could make pretty much any historic tragedy and call it "historically accurate"... but you aren't gonna get away with that either.
making a cotton field full of african americans spread out is flat out racism and it doesn't matter if you're just looking for historical accuracy. there are better ways to portray such a thing, not to mention there are better things to build in general. build a cotton field all you want but as soon as you think it's a good idea to give it some history without thinking about the consequences such as "will someone take offense to this?", think again.
just because it isnt wrong in your eyes doesnt mean it isn't wrong and all you're doing is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. if a staff member says it isn't okay which *it isnt*, you don't start a "civil discussion" on the forums calling out the staff member for their supposed wrongdoings. get over it lmao

If the plot has any 18+ content or anything of that manner, it gets clearer. End of story. The only people that can give permission otherwise is now only cloakfox himself. So whether shaf said it was okay or not doesn’t matter, still gets cleared. The rest of the build is racist in of itself and you know this, you are just trying to fall back on “historically correct”. Seems like you have just wasted your own time making this thread :)

If the plot has any 18+ content or anything of that manner, it gets clearer. End of story. The only people that can give permission otherwise is now only cloakfox himself. So whether shaf said it was okay or not doesn’t matter, still gets cleared. The rest of the build is racist in of itself and you know this, you are just trying to fall back on “historically correct”. Seems like you have just wasted your own time making this thread :)
This dude posted a screenshot of Shafiq giving permission to build it. Whatever the motive, I think it's hard to let that go whenever you specifically asked for permission (and got it) to make a plot on a sensitive topic such as he did.

based on what you're saying, you could make pretty much any historic tragedy and call it "historically accurate"... but you aren't gonna get away with that either.
making a cotton field full of african americans spread out is flat out racism and it doesn't matter if you're just looking for historical accuracy. there are better ways to portray such a thing, not to mention there are better things to build in general. build a cotton field all you want but as soon as you think it's a good idea to give it some history without thinking about the consequences such as "will someone take offense to this?", think again.
just because it isnt wrong in your eyes doesnt mean it isn't wrong and all you're doing is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. if a staff member says it isn't okay which *it isnt*, you don't start a "civil discussion" on the forums calling out the staff member for their supposed wrongdoings. get over it lmao
By the looks of it, he's not making a tragedy, he's making the actual underground railroad and the help to prevent it. It would be like the Americans raiding the camps during WWII. You have to build the camps to accurately depict the entrance of US soldiers to save the Jewish population that were unfairly locked up. I see your point though, I just feel bad that he had gotten staff permission and actually worked hard on the plot (based on the look of the screenshot, the house was nicely built with a lake) just to have it ripped away with no warning or response from staff (since he had asked Silver to message him about it, knowing she would clear it). Also, it's good to note that if you think it's going to get cleared, might as well not even build it without literal permission from Cloakfox himself. The rules are there to give staff permission to use judgement, and that's why they're staff, because their judgement is trusted by Cloak himself.

This dude posted a screenshot of Shafiq giving permission to build it. Whatever the motive, I think it's hard to let that go whenever you specifically asked for permission (and got it) to make a plot on a sensitive topic such as he did.
Yes, but the "permission" he got from Shaf was entirely based on the fact that he lied to Shaf and told Shaf that I had already given them the okay to make it and he was just wanting to check with Shaf as well. I don't think that's fair permission considering I did NOT give them the okay to recreate the build. There's a valid possibility that Shaf only agreed and gave "permission" because he was told I already okayd it.

At the end of the day:

Yes, but the "permission" he got from Shaf was entirely based on the fact that he lied to Shaf and told Shaf that I had already given them the okay to make it and he was just wanting to check with Shaf as well. I don't think that's fair permission considering I did NOT give them the okay to recreate the build. There's a valid possibility that Shaf only agreed and gave "permission" because he was told I already okayd it.

At the end of the day:
That's true, the way he had explained it to Shafiq can make it seem like you okayed the other things. Also, can you check my discord Dm?

Status
Not open for further replies.