Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Server issues and Suggestions for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Banned #1
So over the past months, I have seen Foxcraft lose the amount of players they once had the past years. So I've decided to make this thread help bring some more notice to this issue.

Some Ideas how to get the player Count back up to how it used to be.

1. Kitpvp was one of the most popular servers on the server until the updates came. I suggest you take away every single update you added to the server, therefore this will increase the player count of both the server and kitpvp as of now kitpvp is dead.

2. Create a new anti-cheat. The anti-cheat we have now does not kick or ban players when they're hacking supposing it is outdated and needs to be upgraded and or switched to a custom you can get a dev to code a new one.

3. Advertisement. I know we already have two voting links that broadcast the server but maybe we could purchase another one, I know they are costly as hell but we might get more people to join and maybe they could buy things so we can get some income from buying another voting link. Another way we can get more people and boost are player count is getting or asking a big or medium sized YouTuber to start a series on one of the gamemodes on the server, this way their viewers can come to play on the server and support us to make us a big server in the Minecraft community. ( Please add English YouTubers and Dutch YouTubers for both languages. )

4. Global Ranks. This is a big issue as of now you have to buy ranks separate which is bad if you have multiple servers you like and play on every day, it would very expensive to buy ranks on servers if you have a lot of ones you like. So I am thinking is for the best we add Global ranks back so people wouldn't have to spend mass amounts of money on the servers they like. Another thing is that you could buy a bundle like if you buy a rank on one server you could get it on another server instead of just one rank on one server this may help people with liking mutable servers.

5. Adding new servers. I would like to address this because we have had the same servers and one new one from the begging of Foxcraft so I think is would be for the best if we added another server or a few servers to maybe attract more people to come play them, as well be good for the players now to try something new and old players might come back to play these servers or server.

Will add more later all I can think of right now.

Please do not hate on my suggestions this are only optional .

rodrikes

2. Create a new anti-cheat. The anti-cheat we have now does not kick or ban players when they're hacking supposing it is outdated and needs to be upgraded and or switched to a custom you can get a dev to code a new one.
From what I've seen so far, the best kind of anti-cheat system is a system that both blocks cheating attempts (flying, breaking stuff out of reach, etc.) and warns the staff so that they can investigate (player X attempted Y).

Auto-banning anti-cheat systems can make false positives, and that's something that nobody wants.

Thread starter Banned #4
From what I've seen so far, the best kind of anti-cheat system is a system that both blocks cheating attempts (flying, breaking stuff out of reach, etc.) and warns the staff so that they can investigate (player X attempted Y).

Auto-banning anti-cheat systems can make false positives, and that's something that nobody wants.[/QUOTE
That would be copying other server and if you did a little more research the notify cheat on most servers would turn into an automatic and start banning players. But some anti cheats auto ban and /npc notify so it acts as multi-function of notifying and auto banning.

rodrikes

eh ?

edit: nvmimanidiot, he posted his own message in the quote and i missed it at first

I've never said that we had to copy anything from anyone.

Last edited:

Auto-banning anti-cheat systems can make false positives, and that's something that nobody wants.
I was using hacks for my own server to check if the anticheat worked because the old one wasn't that good and does what @rodrikes. It is a really good plug-in but forgot the name unfortunately. And Auto-banning is a really terrible idea because their Will be a lot of false bans

rodrikes

I mostly hear negative things about games that auto-ban, even outside of Minecraft. And "copying" something as essential as an anti-cheat plugin that works shouldn't really be a problem.

I was using hacks for my own server to check if the anticheat worked because the old one wasn't that good and does what @rodrikes. It is a really good plug-in but forgot the name unfortunately. And Auto-banning is a really terrible idea because their Will be a lot of false bans
One issue is that a system like that will lead to spam towards staff. Lag will also generate a lot of these messages/warnings.

The anticheat only works sometimes. I can confirm this. Still many hackers on kitpvp.

Global ranks r cool

And I don't thinl every update should be undone for kitpvp but I liked the old levels system and the team plugin a lot.

I do miss the old kitpvp, used to be one or the most popular servers, it would defintally rise in popularity as before.

Snaz_

Friend
Donator
Setting aside the anti-cheat system which wasn't so great to begin with but not a bad idea, the 1st suggestion would be great. #BringBackOldKit

Status
Not open for further replies.