Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Screensharing Isn't Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please search up what screensharing is you keep bringing up problems that have already been addressed
THANK YOU
[doublepost=1475862695,1475862495][/doublepost]Slabo and I and maybe Eftro are the only people here who know a damn thing about screensharing. Please stop putting my ideas down when you don't know jack **** about what screensharing is and how to do it, thanks.
Are you joking? You know how many hackers still play Foxcraft and have played for years? Also, it isn't an invasion of privacy. When you said this, it made me want to smash my head into a wall. The player being screenshared controls their screen, doesn't have to give control to the staff member, and can refuse to go into a certain file if it contains private information. Also, the whole reason for screensharing is to check if someone is hacking if it isn't a blatant decision.
It's amazing how some people don't know about the right to privacy, "The right to privacy refers to the concept that one's personal information is protected from public scrutiny. U.S. Justice Louis Brandeis called it "the right to be left alone.""
Forcing someone to screenshare is forcing them to show you files on their computer. Adding the weight of the ban is only adding a layer of blackmail to the mix. "You better show us your files or we're going to ban you", it's completely stupid and violating their rights. All screensharing accomplishes is showing how much of a scumbag you can be, and I did mention before how people sometimes install hacked clients for the hell of it. What do you do then? Huh? The rules say "No hacking on the server" not "No hacking anywhere, even in singleplayer" It's stupid, and causes more harm than good. This is a likely scenario: A guy fills out a report on a person who isn't hacking on the server. You ask to screenshare him. He does, you see the client in his folder, he gets banned even if he wasn't hacking. He gets banned just for having a client and not using it. I know exactly what screensharing is, and it's a stupid idea for all of the previously stated reasons. Most of which have not been addressed, thank you very much. The only one that has been addressed is the legal issues, but that doesn't change the fact that you are violating their right to privacy and blackmailing them to do so. It may not be legally wrong, but it is definitely morally wrong. You have to think about it for half a tick, and not have a "Monkey see, monkey do" attitude with other servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.