Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Red VS Blue PvP event [1.8 PVP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce our first official "Red VS Blue" pvp event that will be hosted this Friday on 14-05-2021 @ 7PM CEST and will most likely run till 8PM CEST (maybe a little longer if the matches are still decent)

What is Red VS Blue?
Red VS Blue is an arena pvp style event where 2 (large) teams fight against each other until the tickets of a team run out. Each team starts with a X amount of tickets and each kill will take 1 ticket from the enemy team. The goal is to deplete the tickets of the enemy team and take the W.

Players are able to pre-select their kit in the lobby before a match starts and can change kits anytime during the match. Teams are randomized each match to ensure all participants have the same chances of winning a match. AFK players are automatically kicked to the lobby and teams are actively auto balanced during the match to prevent unbalanced teams from ruining the games.

During the match you will be able to purchase certain buffs like jump/speed boosts with score, you receive score for getting an assist or for getting a kill!

The event server runs on Minecraft 1.8 so the PVP will also be like how it normally is on 1.8

TIP: Team work makes a dream work ;)

Modes:
  • Classic (each team starts with x tickets and fights till the tickets of a team have been depleted to zero)
  • Koth (each team needs to a hold a position somewhere on the map for X seconds to win)

This friday we will only be doing Classic matches because our koth mode is not fully polished yet!

Rewards for participation:
  • +5 Vote Points to all team members of winning team each match (multiple matches will be hosted)

First map

Up coming map (scheduled for 28-05-2021) (04-06-2021)

This has been in development for quite some time now (development started in January 2021) so I am really excited to finally be able to share this with the community, I hope you guys will enjoy it. Our long term goal is to slowly transform this into a dedicated game mode with 1v1 duels, skill based matchmaking, more maps, more kits.

We will be hosting another Red VS Blue event in 2 weeks incase you can't make it to this one because of exams! (I want to host at least 1 red vs blue event each month)

On a closing note I would like to thank @MisterMel for bringing this idea to life, @Orange_AB for building the lobby, jzbakos for building the first 2 arena maps and craorii for the artwork! I would also like to thank everyone who has participated in the test rounds past few months!

See you all on Friday to take some L's ;)

Last edited:

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce our first official "Red VS Blue" pvp event that will be hosted this Friday on 14-05-2021 @ 7PM CEST and will most likely run till 8PM CEST (maybe a little longer if the matches are still decent)

What is Red VS Blue?
Red VS Blue is an arena pvp style event where 2 (large) teams fight against each other until the tickets of a team run out. Each team starts with a X amount of tickets and each kill will take 1 ticket from the enemy team. The goal is to deplete the tickets of the enemy team and take the W.

Players are able to pre-select their kit in the lobby before a match starts and can change kits anytime during the match. Teams are randomized each match to ensure all participants have the same chances of winning a match. AFK players are automatically kicked to the lobby and teams are actively auto balanced during the match to prevent unbalanced teams from ruining the games.

During the match you will be able to purchase certain buffs like jump/speed boosts with score, you receive score for getting an assist or for getting a kill!

The event server runs on Minecraft 1.8 so the PVP will also be like how it normally is on 1.8

TIP: Team work makes a dream work ;)

Modes:
  • Classic (each team starts with x tickets and fights till the tickets of a team have been depleted to zero)
  • Koth (each team needs to a hold a position somewhere on the map for X seconds to win)

This friday we will only be doing Classic matches because our koth mode is not fully polished yet!

Rewards for participation:
  • +5 Vote Points to all team members of winning team each match (multiple matches will be hosted)

First map

Up coming map (scheduled for 28-05-2021)

This has been in development for quite some time now (development started in January 2021) so I am really excited to finally be able to share this with the community, I hope you guys will enjoy it. Our long term goal is to slowly transform this into a dedicated game mode with 1v1 duels, skill based matchmaking, more maps, more kits.

We will be hosting another Red VS Blue event in 2 weeks incase you can't make it to this one because of exams! (I want to host at least 1 red vs blue event each month)

On a closing note I would like to thank @MisterMel for bringing this idea to life, @Orange_AB for building the lobby, jzbakos for building the first 2 arena maps and craorii for the artwork! I would also like to thank everyone who has participated in the test rounds past few months!

See you all on Friday to take some L's ;)
HYPE

Thread starter #9

date changed because we need more time to resolve issues with had with the first run, and because I am a dingus and forgot our developers have exams now.

vcqx

Donator
Banned #10

date changed because we need more time to resolve issues with had with the first run, and because I am a dingus and forgot our developers have exams now.
dw cloakfox i can do the developing i have experience in working for planet minecraft give me op!

Thread starter #11

We are on track for the event tomorrow!

Hope to see you all again, we fixed a bunch of issues and got the KOTH mode ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.