Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Ocean Fishing EZ mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallideadly

Known Member
Thread starter #1
Fishing on the ocean is ok for most deep sea fishing enthusiasts but my preference is to fish IN the ocean. The main reason I choose this method is that there is never a need to worry about phantoms as I am not above sea level and I can spot Dolphins easily.

Technically this could be used 24/7 but it is NOT AN AFK system.

First thing I need is an infinite air supply. Magma block achieves this. Then something to stand on above the magma block and store fish, (I like to use an ender chest). Bed is optional. *sometimes people ask for others to sleep to pass the night by here in survival.

I stand on the very edge of the ender chest so that I hang above the magma block which feeds me air constantly. Now I can cast into the sea, and the lure floats to the top in front of me. (easy to see when the lure goes down). I continue this until the area says no more fish.

This is when I do a 180, no steps taken. Turn around exactly 180 degrees and cast into the sea. I continue fishing until it says no more fish, then turn around 180 and continue.

There is exactly 3 blocks between the 2 lure spots so I can continue to fish this way until I decide to stop.

2022-05-11_11.16.15.png

2022-05-11_11.18.44.png

2022-05-11_11.26.28.png

Place the magma block 4 blocks below the surface, the block you stand on 3 blocks below. Easy to pick up and take with as any great explorer has a magma block these days for under water spelunking.

Hope this helps, have fun out there.

Koud

Donator
Intresting, I simply made a larger fountain and danced around it.

what about storage though? I had a full inventory after +-100 catches. so i figure u got something for that

Hallideadly

Known Member
Thread starter #3
I pull out shulker boxes from the ender chest and place them on the sides of the bed. I pick them up when I am done for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.