Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

New gamemode releasing soon! Kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Hello Foxcrafters!

I am super excited to announce that a new gamemode will be released on our network soon. The gamemode is called Kingdoms.

Discover the world of Kingdoms. Create your character. Forge your kingdom. Conquer your enemies.

Kingdoms is a new game-mode for Minecraft. With Kingdoms you can choose a profession, level up attributes, trade items, create a kingdom, and conquer others.

Kingdoms is a partial RPG gamemode which lets player's create a kingdom, level up professions and attributes, and attack others. When we say attack other we mean actual FIGHTING. Kingdoms has a unique system to force players to fight each other. If you want to take someone's land you can not cowardly do so while they are offline. However, you can initiate this "challenge" while they are offline. A challenge does have work around for when players are offline, but players will most often fight while they are online. This provides a MUCH better multiplayer experience.
Short video explaining in more detail:

When is it releasing? I am aiming to release it this weekend, don't take me up on that though, as I am also extremely busy on fixing a few nasty bugs on the network.
This new gamemode will replace the "Hardcore" gamemode on Foxcraft. Ranks bought for this gamemode will transfer over to Kingdoms, as for items recently purchased like golden apples etc. These will also transfer over if they have been bought a month before the Kingdoms release (meaning only newer purchases).

A more detailed post with full server features will be posted once the gamemode is released this also includes donator perks etc.

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys are just as excited and hyped as I am!

- Cloakfox

Banned #11
Love this idea, it actually provides a proper place for my little team/faction I had going on Survival. I won't be quitting Survival entirely because I still have large projects and stuff I'm having fun with but I'll definitely be coming to check this out and bring my members too!
@cloakfox
My suggestions:
  • Make it 1.12 with 1.12 pvp.
  • No /shop this is too overpowered, and you said you wanted it to be vanilla-ish.
  • Put the spawn in a simple biome like plains and make a pvp area with just flat glass, with maybe some towers for combat. With glowstone marking the pvp zone with enderchests.
  • Have no world border if you have to have one make it large (I heard you said it'd be better for a profession Assassin, but there's still other professions and we need to keep land fresh for new players to collect resources in and build their kingdoms) also I'd want it to never reset, I and others don't want to have to re-build all their work. When you can move the spawn location.
  • Make it so the abilities you can level up from professions is maxed out relatively low, so people can't get triple rows of hearts and one hit p4 players.
  • Make it so Veteran players have like 15 home sets, when regular members have like 5 (many of my friends and players I've asked do not want to re-buy ranks, so quit as they only have one sethome, make it so it's not just pay to win)
  • Veteran players have larger amounts enderchest slots.
  • Veterans get /nick and /chat.
  • Don't add kits, it completely destroys early game.
  • Have no /wild, make it so it's actually a challenge to run off and try to get resources before others, that way they'll be early kingdom fighting action that'll draw in attention and make people actually stick with the gamemode, Anarchy and Hardcore died off because it didn't have enough action.
  • Make it so everyone has to build a beginner castle but build on to it, so people don't just hide all their gear with no castles to siege/pvp.
  • In general just try to keep it vanilla.

Can't wait already started designing on my private server
[doublepost=1500495055,1500494994][/doublepost]
Love this idea, it actually provides a proper place for my little team/faction I had going on Survival. I won't be quitting Survival entirely because I still have large projects and stuff I'm having fun with but I'll definitely be coming to check this out and bring my members too!
@cloakfox
My suggestions:
  • Make it 1.12 with 1.12 pvp.
  • No /shop this is too overpowered, and you said you wanted it to be vanilla-ish.
  • Put the spawn in a simple biome like plains and make a pvp area with just flat glass, with maybe some towers for combat. With glowstone marking the pvp zone with enderchests.
  • Have no world border if you have to have one make it large (I heard you said it'd be better for a profession Assassin, but there's still other professions and we need to keep land fresh for new players to collect resources in and build their kingdoms) also I'd want it to never reset, I and others don't want to have to re-build all their work. When you can move the spawn location.
  • Make it so the abilities you can level up from professions is maxed out relatively low, so people can't get triple rows of hearts and one hit p4 players.
  • Make it so Veteran players have like 15 home sets, when regular members have like 5 (many of my friends and players I've asked do not want to re-buy ranks, so quit as they only have one sethome, make it so it's not just pay to win)
  • Veteran players have larger amounts enderchest slots.
  • Veterans get /nick and /chat.
  • Don't add kits, it completely destroys early game.
  • Have no /wild, make it so it's actually a challenge to run off and try to get resources before others, that way they'll be early kingdom fighting action that'll draw in attention and make people actually stick with the gamemode, Anarchy and Hardcore died off because it didn't have enough action.
  • Make it so everyone has to build a beginner castle but build on to it, so people don't just hide all their gear with no castles to siege/pvp.
  • In general just try to keep it vanilla.
Personally I dont like the suggestions that make it too vanilla people might get bored and quit without a little head start
[doublepost=1500495134][/doublepost]I do like the castle idea

Banned #14
Can't wait already started designing on my private server
[doublepost=1500495055,1500494994][/doublepost]
Personally I dont like the suggestions that make it too vanilla people might get bored and quit without a little head start
You don't need a "head start" people just need to stop being lazy and put some effort into gathering their items. I understand you think it could end up too-vanilla, but if it's just filled with plugins it won't be good.
Make it balanced really. Not to mention they'll be no point in fighting over resources if we can just buy whatever resource we need from /shop.

Thread starter #17
It has an on demand market meaning only stuff is sold that players sell to the market

Status
Not open for further replies.