Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Mobs don't spawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feytey

Thread starter #1
Been on the server for a little while now and one thing that's really throwing me off is that I haven't seen basically any randomly spawning mobs, set up a fairly large dark room to test this and after almost an hour still absolutely nothing has spawned, is there something I'm missing? Do mobs only spawn in certain locations or something?

they should but they can't spawn because there are many players and the mob cap is for some reason really low for that amount of players.

Feytey

Thread starter #5
they should but they can't spawn because there are many players and the mob cap is for some reason really low for that amount of players.
Yeesh, kinda ridiculously low for how many players there are considering how long it took me just to get a couple of spawns :/ Kinda makes the hunter job worthless lmao

vRoxyy

The low spawnrate of mobs is a problem in most survival multiplayer servers. The mobcap (max amount of mobs in a mc world) increases in proportion to the amount of loaded chunks, but it's not limited per player. This means that more than the usual 70 mobs can spawn around 1 player, which leaves less mobs for the other players. The youtuber LogicalGeekBoy explained this pretty well if you want to learn more about this:
I'm not entirely sure but I think cloak increased the mobcap recently, so it should be a bit better now I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.