Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Known Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
So, First of all I'ma go over all my past usernames incase anyone thinks I'm lying so they can check lmao

Fleshiie, Siignless, SilentExecution, Friskity, Shotapop & Now Hatesune.

I've been apart of the server for maybe a little over half a year now. My first forums account since the reset was for my user Friskity, which I made the account a little after everyone was given "Known Member" Automatically.

Around the time I started coming on more frequently (Months ago), I applied for helper. It asked me if I was a known member or not, and I didn't know what that was at the time. I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why I didn't get the position.

I've been waiting for months to try again since I've been on the server for a long time but I STILL have no idea how I'm supposed to get "Known Member" and I was wondering if someone could tell me how/tell me if that will effect my application that I plan on sending again.

I don't want to wait months again for a 3rd try. :\

Banned #2
So, First of all I'ma go over all my past usernames incase anyone thinks I'm lying so they can check lmao

I've been apart of the server for maybe a little over half a year now. My first forums account since the reset was for my user Friskity, which I made the account a little after everyone was given "Known Member" Automatically.

Around the time I started coming on more frequently (Months ago), I applied for helper. It asked me if I was a known member or not, and I didn't know what that was at the time. I'm sure that's one of the main reasons why I didn't get the position.

I've been waiting for months to try again since I've been on the server for a long time but I STILL have no idea how I'm supposed to get "Known Member" and I was wondering if someone could tell me how/tell me if that will effect my application that I plan on sending again.

"Known Member" is based on the amount of posts someone has on forums (?). Nothing else. I don't think it should affect any chances of Helper since this is a relatively new forums.

You have to be more active, and post more messages. That's how you achieve Known Member. Now that the Staff Applications have been changed, it does not matter, whether or not you're a Known Member.

Banned #6
Thanks you two ;v; @Forestra @DontLie

I don't think I'll get the position, but I really hope I do ;; You guys made me a little less paranoid.
You really should not put so much pressure on yourself, nobody does. It's just helper applications, not like it's that big of a deal. Everyone can apply and if you get denied, try again. Work on the reason why you were denied and retry the next time helper applications are open, which is soon.

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
The "Known Member" comes into effect when you have 150 messages. If you purposefully start spamming the forum to reach 150 messages, you will have no chance of getting the position. All of your messages must be sincere, not just to gain forum point.
Additionally, the "Known Member" title has absolutely nothing to do with the decision of your application.

Thread starter #8
The "Known Member" comes into effect when you have 150 messages. If you purposefully start spamming the forum to reach 150 messages, you will have no chance of getting the position. All of your messages must be sincere, not just to gain forum point.
Additionally, the "Known Member" title has absolutely nothing to do with the decision of your application.
Oh god no, I wasn't planning on doing that xD That would be ridiculous & immature.

I would have applied for helper regardless of if being a known member was still a requirement because I'm really determined to get the position. I just wanted to know if it would lessen my chances.

Banned #9
I don't understand why people want to become helper so bad and take time out of your day to do so much hard work for free. It will start sucking your life away. Just keep that in mind.

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
Oh god no, I wasn't planning on doing that xD That would be ridiculous & immature.

I would have applied for helper regardless of if being a known member was still a requirement because I'm really determined to get the position. I just wanted to know if it would lessen my chances.
Well, it doesn't hurt your chances.
If you achieve "Known Member" the correct way, not just spamming the forum, it looks good. If you are a "Known Member" but get it by unnecessary posts, there is no way you will get it.
So, if you get it the legit way, it helps.

Banned #13
I don't understand why people want to become helper so bad and take time out of your day to do so much hard work for free. It will start sucking your life away. Just keep that in mind.
That is not true, I spend my own time on the server and yes, it has taken a few minutes out of each day but, it doesn't suck your life away.

Banned #15
That is not true, I spend my own time on the server and yes, it has taken a few minutes out of each day but, it doesn't suck your life away.
I said it will start. Why don't you try staying a Staff member for 1 more year. We'll see where you are. Probably demoted...or inactive as hell

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
It doesn't suck your life away. I'm pretty sure all of the Staff members have lives outside of Minecraft. If you don't like it, simply don't apply.
I am not sure why you both are getting into this and adding fuel to the fire instead of breaking it up.
No more "Helper is worth it/not worth it" talk in this thread. If you want to debate this, go make a thread in the Offtopic section.

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
@Hatesune, have I answered your question, and are you okay with me closing the thread if so?
[doublepost=1461272124,1461271725][/doublepost]Honestly, I do not understand any of you. You made a forum account and you know how to type, which means that you are obviously not 4 years old. However, your actions suggest otherwise.
Everyone who replied to this thread after I said to stop arguing over "Helper is worth it/not work it" is going to receive a warning. @Hatesune, I will not warn you as this is your thread and you did not intend for this thread to turn into a hub for 4-year-olds. If you still have a question about this, you are more than welcome to create another thread or send me a private conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.