Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

bamboo farm update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallideadly

Known Member
Thread starter #1
Hello, I have made this thread for those that missed the mud blocks use in farms. (*watching a Hermit on Hermicraft not using mud blocks in his bamboo farm.)
The mud block simplifies many farms and so I made an example for anyone that needs a hand.

This slice is how the auto bamboo farm operates, when this bamboo grows the mechanism will break and collect the product without disturbing growth of new product or having product miss the collection setup. Redstone components required per slice; Observer, hopper, noteblock, and piston
bamboo farm module.png
WAIT you say. you are thinking the bamboo goes flying when the piston hits it and you would be correct. This uses 2 rows of bamboo with the mechanisms opposite each other so no product can escape.
Something like this;
2024-02-13_14.37.30.png
With this design your bamboo farm is 100% lossless.

As for the build surrounding the farm, I went a little crazy and used more mud blocks to grow sweet berries, planted some twisting vines in front of the berries and then regular vines growing on the back of the bamboo farm mechanism, and finally some weeping vines in the corners. These are there incase I need some later but mostly I like how it looks.
2024-02-13_14.38.30.png
As this build sits it is 6 blocks wide/tall and 22 long, but length and height are adjustable. Made this in Foxcraft survival.

Hope this helps, have fun out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.