Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

20k / 160k blocks of nether roads disappeared in nether reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Hello! In survival I was working on a nether hub at 0,0 and nether highways in all 8 directions for all players to use, like exists on other servers

Total length of highways built was around 20,000 nether blocks / to travel 160,000 in the overworld.

I placed linked portals in around 70 locations, at every 1k blocks in the overworld (every 125 in the nether) in all directions to 10k and then some extra ones, plus added some connecting paths to nether portals I came across during the building project

I've seen players extending it in some places and adding paths, and repaired some griefs, people were using them.

All of this was lost entirely in the nether reset https://www.mcfoxcraft.com/threads/14-09-2022.33463/

What happened? Can we restore them?

1-hub-g.png

Nether hub built at 0,0 nether. Accessed via the 0,0 village portal at 106, -29 in the overworld

2-hub-south.png

3-25k-g.png

Example portal at 9k west:

4-boats-g.png

A phantom went through the portal at one point

5-phantom-g.png

Took a dog home on the road

6-1.9k.png

Wayfinding sign

sign.png

Someone put a random head here

7-head-g.png

Thread starter #5
If we can't restore it we could use some /fill commands with air and cobblestone to bring them back, I noted down the lengths before
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

then I could rebuild all the portals, I guess. The diagonals can't be /fill'd but were short anyway

North / South -5,026 Z to +5,036 Z (nether) i.e. -40k to 40k in the overworld
East / West: -3,134 X to +3,800 X (nether)

They were 3 blocks wide cobblestone, then 2 blocks high (air) at y=50

Trying it in singleplayer, only about 400 can be done at a time with /fill as the blocks have to be loaded
eg standing at 0, -200 in the nether
/fill 0 50 -1 -400 50 1 minecraft:cobblestone
/fill 0 51 -1 -400 52 1 minecraft:air

I could write some python to generate all required /fill and /tp commands.

Edit: I have put some /fill commands at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
(also on the Discord)

Last edited:
Thread starter #7
i use that alot i hope you get it back ilso when you do build it back can i help?
hmm. Which sections (overworld coordinate numbers X,Z on the portal signs) were you using?

edit: Also what's your ingame name and discord name? I could give you a fast pick for the digging and some stone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.