Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

1.9 Update Discussion

What do you like or dislike about 1.9?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
♦ Just starting a simple thread for players to discus what they like/dislike about the 1.9 update. Please respect other player's opinions. Flamewarriors and trolls will be reported, so please dont.
I will try to keep the poll updated, so feel free to request new options. Thanks.
[doublepost=1461526451,1461526421][/doublepost][Reserved]

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
Didn't see any recent ones. Sorry I've not been online much due to work. Glad to know mine was over 9,000 though.

Snaz_

Friend
Donator
Tbh at first I was against 1.9,. ;3 But I tried it out on another server it pretty cool but I can get annoying when the other person still fights like its 1.8 and that really doesn't get you anywhere. (It does very little damage spam clicking cx.) Wouldn't want it on kitpvp tho, lol.

Thread starter #6
I can predict what people are going to say: "PVP is ruined so 1.9 sucks"
Tbh at first I was against 1.9,. ;3 But I tried it out on another server it pretty cool but I can get annoying when the other person still fights like its 1.8 and that really doesn't get you anywhere. (It does very little damage spam clicking cx.) Wouldn't want it on kitpvp tho, lol.
Yeah, "PVP SUCKS" is the first thing I heard when it came out, though I played the snapshots and frankly really like the pvp mechanics it adds. Also, 1.9 KitPvP would be pretty harsh, but you'd have a few experienced veteran players take to it quite well as they're already experts at timing.

Snaz_

Friend
Donator
Yeah, "PVP SUCKS" is the first thing I heard when it came out, though I played the snapshots and frankly really like the pvp mechanics it adds. Also, 1.9 KitPvP would be pretty harsh, but you'd have a few experienced veteran players take to it quite well as they're already experts at timing.
lol, yea in all honesty I was also against it at first, but I gave it a chance on a different server, its pretty much about your timing, strategy, and the strafes. Its pretty cool but I wouldn't like it on kitpvp. cx

I quite enjoy the 1.9 update, it has tons of new features, but on the other hand the pvp overall just stinks, but it's just a downgrade, everyone gets the same setting as usual, and all is fair.

I don't play on 1.9 because I don't like the concept and I am telling you a lot of players don't. Most Minecraft servers update to the latest Minecraft version but you see big servers like Mineplex,Hypixel,etc are making the server 1.9 & 1.8 compatible because they know that a lot of players are going to stick with 1.8 :) Good thing Foxcraft is too <3

I didn't vote because there are things I like about 1.9 and things I don't like about 1.9. Either way if you made this thread to convince Leon, I'm sure he is not changing his mind.

Thread starter #15
I hate the skeletons and the hit "delay"..
It's called "picking your weapon back up from the downward position after you swing it" paradox. Apparently in a parallel universe tools actually have weight and when swung, they must be moved back to the start position before swinging again. However, this is just a theory and may not be true.
Other than that I dislike the skeletons too, but I can manage if I've got a shield on me, comes quite handy for blocking those arrows.
I didn't vote because there are things I like about 1.9 and things I don't like about 1.9. Either way if you made this thread to convince Leon, I'm sure he is not changing his mind.
You're more than welcome to suggest poll options. My goal is to get a statistical report on what players do and don't like about 1.9
I don't play on 1.9 because I don't like the concept and I am telling you a lot of players don't. Most Minecraft servers update to the latest Minecraft version but you see big servers like Mineplex,Hypixel,etc are making the server 1.9 & 1.8 compatible because they know that a lot of players are going to stick with 1.8 :) Good thing Foxcraft is too <3
Well of course they're upset, Anytime a game removes High DPS and Noob combat and replaces it with skill people get upset. Robocraft(Not a minecraft clone, totally different game), another game I played is doing the exact opposite. They are removing the need for skill, thus making it easier to fight and attracting more self entitled newbie players while crapping on players who spent over 1,000 hours learning how to "git gud" at it, literally causing all the veteran players to shelve the game. It's also the reason I have temporarily stopped playing Robocraft.
TL;DR: Most people hate change.
TL;DR.ps: I hate getting killed by someone with a left click macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.