Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Suspended For Replying To Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned #21

I'm confused, based off of these screenshots, I can just say "Don't reply to this thread", and anyone who replies can potentially be banned? I'm not arguing that it's unfair I got a warning for what I said, but he literally just said "I don't want a million posts on this thread". This seems strange to me. I understand why my posts were removed, but how can one be banned for this? Also, does EVERYONE have the power to say "Don't reply to this thread unless you're staff"?
Why are you confused? It's not exactly uncommon for people to think "a million" is the same as "1 or two" these days.

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Thread starter #22
Why are you confused? It's not exactly uncommon for people to think "a million" is the same as "1 or two" these days.
Kids these days....
How To Get People Suspended:
Tell everyone to reply to your thread with troll comments.
Edit it so that it says to not reply.
Tag staff and complain.
Congrats, you've banned someone xD
That'd be really fun to do, but I've posted this, so they're on to me.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
I said that because I knew only cloak and kobeer and some other staff knew...and than you guys just started babling about something 100% unrelated. You didn't need to respond at all...

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Thread starter #26
I said that because I knew only cloak and kobeer and some other staff knew...and than you guys just started babling about something 100% unrelated. You didn't need to respond at all...
The thread you're talking about isn't the issue here, but rather a question. Can I say "Only staff can respond"?

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
And no, I don't have the power tk stop you, but honestly, what could you have added if that info I needed haden't been released yet...

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Thread starter #28
And no, I don't have the power tk stop you, but honestly, what could you have added if that info I needed haden't been released yet...
I'm not talking about what happened in that thread, just using what you said as an example. I'm sorry I replied, and I shouldn't have.

11kobeer

Friend
Donator

I'm confused, based off of these screenshots, I can just say "Don't reply to this thread", and anyone who replies can potentially be banned? I'm not arguing that it's unfair I got a warning for what I said, but he literally just said "I don't want a million posts on this thread". This seems strange to me. I understand why my posts were removed, but how can one be banned for this? Also, does EVERYONE have the power to say "Don't reply to this thread unless you're staff"?
Alright, I'm the one who said this, so I'll respond.
Some people have important questions, and they do not need to be followed by unnecessary messages. ExInfinity was asking a serious question. In my belief, if someone is serious, I am going to be serious as well. People in that thread were arguing and unnecessarily posting. So, I removed all of their messages said what you took a screenshot of above. I'm not sure how it was hard for a few select individuals to not post. I said don't post, so it's as simple as that. Well, they were not thinking all too well. After many unnecessary posts and ridiculous arguing, I had no choice but to ban them from replying to the thread.
The forum is a place to have fun. That's why all the fun is meant to happen in the Offtopic section. If someone is asking for help, no one needs to make the problem go off topic. If you want to have, be my guest, but do it in the Offtopic section ONLY.
Also, only staff members are allowed to tell people to stop posting in a thread. You can do it, but the players are not required to listen to you. However, if you have a legitimate question and post it in the correct forum section, you have the right to a direct answer. By this I mean if someone posts something totally unrelated in your help thread, the staff will remove that. If the thread goes out of hand (like the one I am referring to did), a staff member will say only the thread creator and other staff members are allowed to reply to the thread. If someone then posts after that, they will receive and warning and be banned from replying to that thread.
(Also, I am rushing out of my house, so sorry for any typos or unclear sentences.)

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Thread starter #33
Alright, I'm the one who said this, so I'll respond.
Some people have important questions, and they do not need to be followed by unnecessary messages. ExInfinity was asking a serious question. In my belief, if someone is serious, I am going to be serious as well. People in that thread were arguing and unnecessarily posting. So, I removed all of their messages said what you took a screenshot of above. I'm not sure how it was hard for a few select individuals to not post. I said don't post, so it's as simple as that. Well, they were not thinking all too well. After many unnecessary posts and ridiculous arguing, I had no choice but to ban them from replying to the thread.
The forum is a place to have fun. That's why all the fun is meant to happen in the Offtopic section. If someone is asking for help, no one needs to make the problem go off topic. If you want to have, be my guest, but do it in the Offtopic section ONLY.
Also, only staff members are allowed to tell people to stop posting in a thread. You can do it, but the players are not required to listen to you. However, if you have a legitimate question and post it in the correct forum section, you have the right to a direct answer. By this I mean if someone posts something totally unrelated in your help thread, the staff will remove that. If the thread goes out of hand (like the one I am referring to did), a staff member will say only the thread creator and other staff members are allowed to reply to the thread. If someone then posts after that, they will receive and warning and be banned from replying to that thread.
(Also, I am rushing out of my house, so sorry for any typos or unclear sentences.)
Okay, thanks. To clarify, the entire point of this was to ask "Am I allowed to make a thread where is anyone posts except for staff members, they'll be punished"? I understand why you did that in the other thread.

You can make a conversation and just invite Staff members you want to view what you have to say...

11kobeer

Friend
Donator
Okay, thanks. To clarify, the entire point of this was to ask "Am I allowed to make a thread where is anyone posts except for staff members, they'll be punished"? I understand why you did that in the other thread.
May I lock this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.