Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Survival Highway Parts Removed By Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I haven't made a post on here yet about my highway on survival since it wasn't anywhere near to being done, but events as of late have led me to make this post now. I had worked hard to create a long highway (currently ~16k blocks in length) and add interesting and funny monuments to it to make it fun for players to travel across. Here are some screenshots:
The first stopping point on the highway, a thousand or so blocks after the 'glacial trail'. Many players place signs here to mark the date they got to the first major landmark!

There's a pig spawner on the island with a friendly farmer, so players who arrive can have a bite to eat! (The claim has every player trusted so they can kill the pigs for food.)

Gumbo! A prisoner in the 4th major landmark, the swamp police-prison station. He's part of the Lawrence Gang, a fictional gang I created and added as a story/lore for my highway to make it interesting. At most landmarks, players get tidbits of info on Captain Lawrence and his gang! I was planning a confrontation with Captain Lawrence himself to happen at some point on the highway.

This one is a funny one. So this is the 5th major landmark of the highway, the beast of the river. It's a giant monster that sits by the river and eats any children that come through. The lore was that Captain Lawrence actually enslaved many children and sold them to the monster.

The valley of dragons! This proceeds the river monster. I tied up a bunch of lamas from leads and named them after mythical dragons! It was a pretty cool part of the highway!

This was probably the most controversial part of the highway. Slaver Town. It had a bunch of crucified people, a cage with children in it, a few guards here and there, a fire pit and of course, the mechanical saw pictured above. This town was heavily linked with Captain Lawrence too!

The fire pit mentioned above and pictured here!

And many more parts were present on the highway! Including a Vietnam Jungle bit, a farm bit, and more. Sadly though... I've learned that the staff has removed things from several of the landmarks in the past few months. Things such as the river monster (fat sumo statue) and most of the Slaver Town stuff. They even removed my flying lama dragons!

The statue, gone.

Much of the armour stands of Slaver Town which gave the landmark a unique and interesting and comical style, gone.

I honestly didn't know this would happen, that players can no longer build to express themselves freely. It pains me to see censorship taken to these lengths on a server and game mode where the main objective has devolved into simply building. I'd like to continue building and working on my highway but will not be doing any more things like in the above screenshots seeing as staff will just remove it, it's not worth it. I wish it was different, but this is the way staff have made things, unfortunately. I haven't showcased everything there is to the highway in these screenshots, so be sure to travel it and discover them for yourself!

A bonus! Mr Moco from the Vietnam section of the highway. Be sure to stop by and say hi and maybe buy some coco beans even!

Good job on deciding to step away from the disrespectful and gruesome stuff. Very mature of you!
I look forward to what interesting landmarks the HansHighway will bring in the future, I've enjoyed the walk a lot in the past and hope to do keep doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.