Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Survival 1.17 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #23
Looking good, but will the minions be pay to win? and why no pvp? i liked the idea to make surv1 pve, and surv2 pvp.
PVP is what makes a gamemode competitive, hence the reason we only allow pvp right outside of spawn for fun. McMMO abilities & minions cannot be used in pvp.

Hello Foxcraft community!

I am stoked to announce that we will be releasing a new survival server with a fresh world that runs on the latest Minecraft version 1.17, this new survival server will also receive the 1.18 update in the future when 1.18 get's released.

This new survival server will technically replace the old survival server, the old survival will still be playable through something we have called "The Archive" in the server selector. Both the current (old) survival & old skyblock glacier server will appear in The Archive over the course of this week. Both servers will get renamed to "Old Survival" and "Old Skyblock" respectively.

Notable changes:
  • New spawn build by @Orange_AB <3
  • Fresh unexplored world (with a temporary world border of 10.000 x 10.000 blocks) (world border get's lifted with 1.18 update)
  • Introduction of minions
  • Removed tokens & token enchants
  • More balanced economy (shop buy prices are very high whilst shop sell prices are low)
  • Revamped help menu
  • Fixed long lasting bugs that where present on old survival (like anvil issues, issues with some spawners)
  • Rabbit rank & up will have their afk status displayed next to their name on tablist
  • Updated crate rewards
  • Mob farm at spawn
  • Slightly updated starter kit
Why is there a world border on the new survival?
We have added a temporary world border to the new survival because when 1.18 releases the world min & max heights change to accommodate for new cave generation. When we update the server to 1.18 the world border will get removed and new chunks generated will be 1.18, this way players will not have to explore forever to finally find newly generated chunks. Without a world border it would be a lot harder to find new chunks. Mojang is planning to release 1.18 in December this year.

How will the border of older worlds look when updating to 1.18?

Why not update the old survival to 1.17?
There are a few reasons on why we have decided to not update it anymore, one of the biggest being is that the entire economy in terms of money but also in terms of items/loot has been completely ruined throughout the years, another factor is that a bunch of features would break that are very hard to replace because they are no longer maintained or the quality of the replacement is not high enough. The past year and a half or so we've been making a lot of effort to maintain our own versions of certain features or have coded our own software to make sure new setups are much better future proofed then our legacy ones.

The current survival (soon to be old survival) was first released in April of 2016 on version 1.8 or 1.9 (im not sure xd) and it's current total world size sits at just under 600GB (595 GB to be exact), a lot of memories and mind blowing builds have been made here, hence the reason we are relocating it to The Archive so that old players can come back anytime for a trip down memory lane (PS the server will only undergo a name change and will still be play-able). We do however encourage players to start their new adventure on the 1.17 survival this Friday as the old survival will not receive any significant updates or bug fixes.

Do we lose our ranks?
No, your rank will carry over to the new survival, everything else will not.

Release date and time:

Survival 1.17 releases this Friday @ 6:30 PM CEST
09-07-2021 @ 18:30 PM CEST (metric date)

I would like to thank @Orange_AB for building the spawn :)
I would like to thank @MisterMel for his strong back, he currently carries most of our custom projects. Somebody give this man a break.
I would like to thank the community in general for leaving suggestions & feedback the past few weeks.

Thanks for reading, hope to see you all this Friday!

Kind regards,

Cloakfox

PS: did you know we are working on huge (custom) updates for some of our other gamemodes? We might see another announcement this month :)
not excited about the thought of minions on it, but other than that it sounds nice

Thread starter #26
Thanks for removing mcmmo, but what I meant was: can you buy minions for irl money, or do you need in game money for them?
Minions are available in the crates and directly on our store. Remember that you can vote for vote points, and that vote points can be converted into store gift cards.

I think everything is good. Minions are a weird addition but as long as they don't make everything pay to win I don't particularly care. The shop change is a great one and the 10k border idea is sensible also. Good job.

Only thing I find disappointing is that there's not going to be any form of wild/claimpvp which makes the server more competitive without all the possible bullying that comes pvp being enabled everywhere (wild pvp is at your own risk, and claimpvp is something the player themselves does to their own claim). Having wild pvp makes it more tense when venturing into unknown territory and claimpvp gives the ability for pvp arenas or fights with others if you wish to do so which I believe is needed for a survival server. Cities on survival are built by pvpers.

If no claimpvp or wild pvp, maybe some form of pvp event could be added into warzone to add some competitive element to the server, no pvp means survival turns into a money grind which isn't interesting. I believe Survival 1 should remain a pvp-free zone for people who want NO form of combat, and Survival 2 be a little more relaxed on pvp.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Me and a few other people undertook a project creating a new timeline and the time without pvp has mainly been uninteresting with no events.

I think everything is good. Minions are a weird addition but as long as they don't make everything pay to win I don't particularly care. The shop change is a great one and the 10k border idea is sensible also. Good job.

Only thing I find disappointing is that there's not going to be any form of wild/claimpvp which makes the server more competitive without all the possible bullying that comes pvp being enabled everywhere (wild pvp is at your own risk, and claimpvp is something the player themselves does to their own claim). Having wild pvp makes it more tense when venturing into unknown territory and claimpvp gives the ability for pvp arenas or fights with others if you wish to do so which I believe is needed for a survival server. Cities on survival are built by pvpers.

If no claimpvp or wild pvp, maybe some form of pvp event could be added into warzone to add some competitive element to the server, no pvp means survival turns into a money grind which isn't interesting. I believe Survival 1 should remain a pvp-free zone for people who want NO form of combat, and Survival 2 be a little more relaxed on pvp.

Me and a few other people undertook a project creating a new timeline and the time without pvp has mainly been uninteresting with no events.
Agree

step 1) build a huge coliseum on survival to host epic fights/tournaments without potential interruptions from other people (like you get at spawn)
step 2) claims pvp removed
step 3)

step 4) get told to play on randy gamemode noone asked for if you want the old survival experience back

agreed lol

Pathetiic

I think wild pvp should be something that is added as an option. If it is added there should be a command to toggle it on and off.
Someone further up in this forum commented something about mcmmo being removed. Is 1.17 not going to have it?
Im also wondering if explosions would be on in the nether. At least to use the bed technique when finding netherite.

Last edited:
I think wild pvp should be something that is added as an option. If it is added there should be a command to toggle it on and off.
Someone further up in this forum commented something about mcmmo being removed. Is 1.17 not going to have it?
Im also wondering if explosions would be on in the nether. At least to use the bed technique when finding netherite.
That’s something we call /claimpvp

Status
Not open for further replies.