Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

[POLL] What does the future of KitPVP withhold?

Do you want this as an update on kitpvp?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned #41
View attachment 6095

Hello Foxes, after endless thinking to innovate KitPVP to the best it can possibly be. We have came up with the following solution.

Make it more skill based, rather than get a kit, get someone low and someone else swiping your kill then dying due to the regeneration loss, we think it may be better if we introduce some sort of regeneration way into the game! When you spawn there will be a way to change from soup kits, to potion kits, depending on your style of play.

There will also be a way to edit your own kits to how you feel like it should. If you feel like your sword should be in slot 5, there will be an editing station in spawn that will save that kit foundation, upon reboots, logouts and that sort of agenda.

There will be stations around the map that will let you pull soup out of them but beware! They can go out of stock for up to 120 seconds. This will make it so you won't stay around these stations and farm them to stay alive. This will all be in a new experimental field in a new kitpvp play format!

Below are a few kits that can be added straight off the bat, with endless possibilities to create new ones:

Tank:
Armour: Noteblock Helmet, Diamond Chestplate, Diamond Leggings, Diamond Boots
Abilities: Immune to explosions, Permanent Slowness I
Inventory: Diamond Sword, Sharpness I, 35 regeneration choice

Bomberman:
Armour: TNT Helmet, Leather Chestplate, Leggings, and Boots all Unbreaking XXX, Protection III
Abilities: Immune to explosives, Throw tnt at enemies, or stick it to them to blow them up! Get random tnt every so often if you have none.
Inventory: Iron Sword (Sharpness II, Unbreaking I), x2 TNT, x34 regeneration choice

Glider:
Armour: Endstone Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Iron Leggings, Leather Boots (Protection III, Unbreaking XXX)
Abilities: Ride enderpearls, with the ability to unmount mid flight!
Inventory: Diamond Sword (Sharpness I), x5 Enderpearl, x34 regeneration choice.

Portalist:
Armour: Enderportal Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Leather Leggings, Iron Boots
Abilities: Create portals!
Inventory: Diamond Sword (Sharpness I), Portal Creator, x34 regeneration choice.

These are a few concept kits and will always be improved and introducing more as the days go by, and keeping the current kits too!
Be sure to suggest your kits in the comments below!

We will be introducing more kits, such as tank with debuffs, AND less op kits that will give you special abilities, wanna go invisible until you enter combat? Let's do it! This is in no way is to remove the customization that we offer on KitPVP at the moment, want to try trap players? Use a portal kit to send players to a specific location when they enter the portal, and send them back if they walk back through it!

With this type of update there will be better statistics, and better visualization of new gimics! View your day to day K/D Ratio, view your all time and so much more!

What would change on the store you may ask, we would introduce special non-statistical kits that will not effect any players K/D, and any other statistics we decide to track, with the ability to purchase "kit coins".

I want to get a new kit, do I need to pay? No! Everyone will get a default of 5 kits, new kits can then be unlocked by using "kit coins"!

How do I get kit coins? You will earn a radiation of kit coins per kill. We will put in safeguarding in place to prevent alt killing, and much more.

Where will my blocks go that I earned for killing players? They will go into a special vault that will be accessible by a banker at Spawn! You can then withdraw these to use in the plot world.

If you think this sounds like a great idea please vote at the top of the thread!

Also checkout my introduction thread here: HERE

Thank you,
Danny.​
So yeah I just think this is gonna die out pretty much instantly. I don't want to get on the wrong foot here with you @Hijacking so please dont take this personally or as an attack on you.
This style of pvp seems so complicated and overthought that it's confusing to myself already and loads of new players. I understand what you're trying to achieve here by creating something 'unique', but I myself much prefer the more simpeler kitpvp we had back in the day. I know @cloakfox has been experimenting with getting back to this old type of kitpvp we all know and loved when minecraft wasn't at it's all time high, and with the latest increase of popularity minecraft has gotten and some of the old players returning to the server/forums, that you can truely recreate this kitpvp which will be succesful. How will it be succesfull you may ask? Let me explain.

So I already mentioned that some of the old ''OG'S'' have comeback to the server/forums to check things out. I think that with the help of the current community combined with these old players that you can truely remaster what was once known as the golden days of Foxcraft kitpvp. What made this kitpvp so unique? It was the community and simplicity of kitpvp. All these new feature that are listed above are confusing and not really appealing to myself (IMO). I'd much rather have the simple aspect of killing players, getting streaks, getting rich and with the money I get from killing to make OP armour to get even higher streaks. Just your simple/standard kitpvp without soup,pots this new thing which I have temporarily named ''regenerator' perk''.

As for adevertising this server throughout youtuber/streamer, it will not ******* as you have in mind. Again let me explain.
First of all lets get on the same level. Advertising is to attract new players to the server right? Well not excactly in the case of how minecraft is at the moment. I personally believe that latest increase of popularity has to do with old players that quit the game before, are coming back to minecraft to start playing again. They want to relive that old nostalgic feeling what they got back in 2013-2016 era. Do I know this for a straight up fact? No I don't but I can safely say that with a bit of research of the latest sales (for Global PC, not taking china in account) of minecraft that it hasn't grown much compared to the numbers of 2013-2015 era which leads me to believe that the latest increase of popularity is due to old players trying to relive the memories that they've treasured over these days. As for advertising you should target these people which will also target new people joining the server.

As for new players joining the server throughout this method of advertisement ,they don't want all these new 'hypixel' type features. They just want their standard kit grabbing jumping down a hole and start fighting others. Their motivation could be to kill that one person who has killed them previously, or to target that player who is getting better and better loot throughout killing players over and over again, or to simply get on the top of the leaderboards either by topkills or topstreaks or to be the richest on the server. The possibilty's and goals are endless, and I think this would benefit the current community aswell as the new players joining the server.

The latest updates on kitpvp and it's ''downfall''.
Why I think kitpvp hasn't been gaining a lot of popularity as of late has to do with all these new features getting introduced to this gamemode. I'm currently going through the kits we have currently, and it just confuses the hell out of me. I do not know what the features of these kits are nor do I know how to use them. And that has purely to do with the fact that I can't be bothered to get to know all these new features. A great example of this would be 'Fortnite' and their decrease in popularity. I strongly believe why so many people left/quit this game is through all these new features getting added to the game when it was uneeded and unwanted updates (Don't fix something if it's not broken). They had a game so good almost perfect similair to kitpvp in its glory days.

If you really want to create a good kitpvp server, I think what I mentioned above and the following is required.
1. Create a poll on which the community would rather have. A. A new kitpvp B. The old ''Glory'' kitpvp C, Current kitpvp.
2.a If A won, do as you do and continue development of this new kitpvp.
2.b If B won. Create a thread asking the community of old screenshots/videos as well as their input for all the old features kitpvp has back in the day.
2.c If C won, do nothing obviously.

Thanks for taking your time on reading this post, peace out.

~Baest

P.S. All of the above mentioned could also be applied for a future skyblock vulcan.

Micm_

Friend
Donator
wouldnt it be awesome if it was just fighter and archer kit again, the fighter kit as in either full leather stone sword or half leather half iron.

Ayza

Friend
Donator
remove the soups if they havent already. They only headl for 2 hearts and a pot for like 4.

So yeah I just think this is gonna die out pretty much instantly. I don't want to get on the wrong foot here with you @Hijacking so please dont take this personally or as an attack on you.
This style of pvp seems so complicated and overthought that it's confusing to myself already and loads of new players. I understand what you're trying to achieve here by creating something 'unique', but I myself much prefer the more simpeler kitpvp we had back in the day. I know @cloakfox has been experimenting with getting back to this old type of kitpvp we all know and loved when minecraft wasn't at it's all time high, and with the latest increase of popularity minecraft has gotten and some of the old players returning to the server/forums, that you can truely recreate this kitpvp which will be succesful. How will it be succesfull you may ask? Let me explain.

So I already mentioned that some of the old ''OG'S'' have comeback to the server/forums to check things out. I think that with the help of the current community combined with these old players that you can truely remaster what was once known as the golden days of Foxcraft kitpvp. What made this kitpvp so unique? It was the community and simplicity of kitpvp. All these new feature that are listed above are confusing and not really appealing to myself (IMO). I'd much rather have the simple aspect of killing players, getting streaks, getting rich and with the money I get from killing to make OP armour to get even higher streaks. Just your simple/standard kitpvp without soup,pots this new thing which I have temporarily named ''regenerator' perk''.

As for adevertising this server throughout youtuber/streamer, it will not ******* as you have in mind. Again let me explain.
First of all lets get on the same level. Advertising is to attract new players to the server right? Well not excactly in the case of how minecraft is at the moment. I personally believe that latest increase of popularity has to do with old players that quit the game before, are coming back to minecraft to start playing again. They want to relive that old nostalgic feeling what they got back in 2013-2016 era. Do I know this for a straight up fact? No I don't but I can safely say that with a bit of research of the latest sales (for Global PC, not taking china in account) of minecraft that it hasn't grown much compared to the numbers of 2013-2015 era which leads me to believe that the latest increase of popularity is due to old players trying to relive the memories that they've treasured over these days. As for advertising you should target these people which will also target new people joining the server.

As for new players joining the server throughout this method of advertisement ,they don't want all these new 'hypixel' type features. They just want their standard kit grabbing jumping down a hole and start fighting others. Their motivation could be to kill that one person who has killed them previously, or to target that player who is getting better and better loot throughout killing players over and over again, or to simply get on the top of the leaderboards either by topkills or topstreaks or to be the richest on the server. The possibilty's and goals are endless, and I think this would benefit the current community aswell as the new players joining the server.

The latest updates on kitpvp and it's ''downfall''.
Why I think kitpvp hasn't been gaining a lot of popularity as of late has to do with all these new features getting introduced to this gamemode. I'm currently going through the kits we have currently, and it just confuses the hell out of me. I do not know what the features of these kits are nor do I know how to use them. And that has purely to do with the fact that I can't be bothered to get to know all these new features. A great example of this would be 'Fortnite' and their decrease in popularity. I strongly believe why so many people left/quit this game is through all these new features getting added to the game when it was uneeded and unwanted updates (Don't fix something if it's not broken). They had a game so good almost perfect similair to kitpvp in its glory days.

If you really want to create a good kitpvp server, I think what I mentioned above and the following is required.
1. Create a poll on which the community would rather have. A. A new kitpvp B. The old ''Glory'' kitpvp C, Current kitpvp.
2.a If A won, do as you do and continue development of this new kitpvp.
2.b If B won. Create a thread asking the community of old screenshots/videos as well as their input for all the old features kitpvp has back in the day.
2.c If C won, do nothing obviously.

Thanks for taking your time on reading this post, peace out.

~Baest

P.S. All of the above mentioned could also be applied for a future skyblock vulcan.
Get this man an Oscar. I’ve read my book for the day

View attachment 6095

Hello Foxes, after endless thinking to innovate KitPVP to the best it can possibly be. We have came up with the following solution.

Make it more skill based, rather than get a kit, get someone low and someone else swiping your kill then dying due to the regeneration loss, we think it may be better if we introduce some sort of regeneration way into the game! When you spawn there will be a way to change from soup kits, to potion kits, depending on your style of play.

There will also be a way to edit your own kits to how you feel like it should. If you feel like your sword should be in slot 5, there will be an editing station in spawn that will save that kit foundation, upon reboots, logouts and that sort of agenda.

There will be stations around the map that will let you pull soup out of them but beware! They can go out of stock for up to 120 seconds. This will make it so you won't stay around these stations and farm them to stay alive. This will all be in a new experimental field in a new kitpvp play format!

Below are a few kits that can be added straight off the bat, with endless possibilities to create new ones:

Tank:
Armour: Noteblock Helmet, Diamond Chestplate, Diamond Leggings, Diamond Boots
Abilities: Immune to explosions, Permanent Slowness I
Inventory: Diamond Sword, Sharpness I, 35 regeneration choice

Bomberman:
Armour: TNT Helmet, Leather Chestplate, Leggings, and Boots all Unbreaking XXX, Protection III
Abilities: Immune to explosives, Throw tnt at enemies, or stick it to them to blow them up! Get random tnt every so often if you have none.
Inventory: Iron Sword (Sharpness II, Unbreaking I), x2 TNT, x34 regeneration choice

Glider:
Armour: Endstone Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Iron Leggings, Leather Boots (Protection III, Unbreaking XXX)
Abilities: Ride enderpearls, with the ability to unmount mid flight!
Inventory: Diamond Sword (Sharpness I), x5 Enderpearl, x34 regeneration choice.

Portalist:
Armour: Enderportal Helmet, Iron Chestplate, Leather Leggings, Iron Boots
Abilities: Create portals!
Inventory: Diamond Sword (Sharpness I), Portal Creator, x34 regeneration choice.

These are a few concept kits and will always be improved and introducing more as the days go by, and keeping the current kits too!
Be sure to suggest your kits in the comments below!

We will be introducing more kits, such as tank with debuffs, AND less op kits that will give you special abilities, wanna go invisible until you enter combat? Let's do it! This is in no way is to remove the customization that we offer on KitPVP at the moment, want to try trap players? Use a portal kit to send players to a specific location when they enter the portal, and send them back if they walk back through it!

With this type of update there will be better statistics, and better visualization of new gimics! View your day to day K/D Ratio, view your all time and so much more!

What would change on the store you may ask, we would introduce special non-statistical kits that will not effect any players K/D, and any other statistics we decide to track, with the ability to purchase "kit coins".

I want to get a new kit, do I need to pay? No! Everyone will get a default of 5 kits, new kits can then be unlocked by using "kit coins"!

How do I get kit coins? You will earn a radiation of kit coins per kill. We will put in safeguarding in place to prevent alt killing, and much more.

Where will my blocks go that I earned for killing players? They will go into a special vault that will be accessible by a banker at Spawn! You can then withdraw these to use in the plot world.

If you think this sounds like a great idea please vote at the top of the thread!

Also checkout my introduction thread here: HERE

Thank you,
Danny.​
Kit pvp will still be dead , just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.