Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you like bread

How much

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlastyz

Dedicated Member
Banned #2
Depends which type of bread. Give me some different options and I’ll rate them with complete honesty and to the best of my ability!

Thread starter Banned #3
Depends which type of bread. Give me some different options and I’ll rate them with complete honesty and to the best of my ability!
Okay here's a few. Rate them all out of 10 please:
    • Bara Brith – Fruited bread from Wales of which there are many varieties, some made with yeast and others baking powder. Traditionally eaten sliced and buttered.
    • Barrel – Usually made with a milk bread dough, baked in a ridged mould. Also known as a pistol.
    • Batch – Loaf baked in a batch with others, rather than separately, wholemeal.
    • Bloomer – Thick, long, white loaf, lightly cut across the top so that the cuts open out or ‘bloom’ to give a crisp crust. Sometimes sprinkled with poppy seeds.
    • Buttery Rowies – Traditional Aberdeen butter yeast rolls. Shaped in a round or oval with a crisp crust and light flaky texture.
    • Cob – Round smooth crusted loaf often topped with cracked wheat.
    • Coburg – Round, crusty white loaf with a deeply cut cross on the top.
    • Cornish Splits – Sweet, light yeasted buns enriched with butter and milk. Also called Devonshire splits. Often dusted with icing sugar and traditionally eaten filled with jam and clotted cream.
    • Cottage – White loaf made from two round pieces of dough. One (smaller than the other) is secured on top of the larger piece. Often dusted with flour before baking.
    • Farmhouse – White loaf baked in a special tin and cut lengthwise along the top, often dusted with flour.
    • Plait – A special shape, usually plaited with three strands of white dough, sometimes enriched with eggs or milk.

• More types of British breads
    • Rolls – Many different varieties, shapes and sizes ranging from crusty white rolls to soft wholemeal baps.
    • Sandwich – Large flat-topped loaf baked in a lidded square tin.
    • Sliced wrapped – With many different varieties including white, brown and wholemeal, the sliced wrapped loaf is a convenient bread which makes perfect toast and sandwiches.
    • Soda Bread – Flat, round, heavy loaf usually marked into quarters and risen with baking powder, not yeast. Soda Bread comes originally from Ireland.
    • Stottie – A flat round large bap from the North East of England. The Geordie stottie has a fluffy texture and was often traditionally eaten filled with bacon and pease pudding.
    • Tin – Loaf baked in a rectangular open tin.

• World breads

Well known world breads
    Baguette
    – Originally from France, the baguette is now sold around the world.
    Bagel – Originally from Eastern Europe, the bagel is characterised by its ring shape and almost chewy texture
    Brioche – Originally from France. A highly enriched French bread, noted for its high butter and egg content, commonly served as a component of French desserts.
    Chapatti – A south Asian bread, usually eaten with cooked dhal (lentil soup), vegetable curry, chicken and mutton curry dishes; pieces are used to wrap around and pick up each bite of the cooked dish
    Ciabatta – Originally from Italy. Loaf is somewhat elongated, broad and flattish and should be somewhat collapsed in the middle
    Foccacia – Also from Italy. Often punctured with a knife to relieve surface bubbling, or dotted
    Naan – From Northern India and Pakistan
    Tiger bread – Originated in the Netherlands
    Tortilla – A flatbread which originated in Mexico

More unusual world breads
    Balep Korkun – A flat, Tibetan bread made with Baking powder and fried in a frying pan.
    Bazlama – A Turkish flatbread which is usually eaten fresh.
    Cesnica – A Serbian soda bread.
    Damper – An Australian soda bread.
    Mantou – A steamed bun from China made with white flour and often slightly sweetened.
    Melanpan – a Japanese bread made from enriched dough covered in a layer of cookie dough.
    Pane Ticinese – This Swiss bread is distinguishable by its shape – it is composed of several small loaves or rolls made to be broken off by hand – and by the addition of oil to the dough, which makes the bread particularly soft.
    Vánocka – Traditionally eaten in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, the dough is enriched with egg and milk to form a bread which is similar to a brioche.

Vlastyz

Dedicated Member
Banned #6
Bara Brith – 7, not the best but it's alright i guess
Barrel –4 too lame
Batch – 6 it's okay
Bloomer – 9 one of my favorite, not the best though, could you more crunch
Buttery Rowies – 1 absolutely disgusting
Cob – -1 nah why is this even here
Coburg – 3 mixed feelings, its okay
Cornish Splits – no
Cottage – 3 Could use more taste
Farmhouse – 8 it's up there
Plait – 9
Rolls – 5 needs more sweeteners
Sandwich – one of my favorite, 9
Sliced wrapped – more on the better side ig, 6
Soda Bread – sickening 1
Stottie – no again -1
Tin – 7
Baguette
– Many people like this one, however, needs more of a crust.
Bagel – yes 100
Brioche – 8 it's up there
Chapatti – 2 needs more quantity
Ciabatta – 5 mixed
Foccacia – 4 too dry
Naan – 6
Tiger bread – why name it after a tiger, taste is okay i guess 4
Tortilla – It's okay, 7
Balep Korkun – no too long and doesnt live up to the name
Bazlama – yea i like it, very crunchy and tasty 10
Cesnica – Yes 7
Damper – No too dry 3
Mantou – Hmmm, Could use more crunch and crust, but it is very sweet. Ill give it a 6
Melanpan –Not about it, sorry 3
Pane Ticinese – 6
Vánocka – yes one of my favorite, 9

Sorry for the wait Walter! Getting back to my gaming device took longer than anticipated, but here is my honest and reviews about these breads. I hope everybody can use this list as grocery shopping list incase bread is needed in the fam. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this with everyone Walter!

Deefol

Banned #8
walter... you've done it again. So wholesome.... bringing the community together to discuss an important aspect of our society that barely anyone touches... BREAD.
You have my deepest appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.