Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Frequently asked questions about Oneblock gamemode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
We released the one block skyblock gamemode yesterday and you guys asked some questions about the mode. I hope these answer most of them!

Q: What phases are there?
A: There are 11 phases: Plains, Underground, Winter, Ocean, Jungle, Swamp, Dungeon, Desert, The Nether, Plenty, Desolation, and The End. Each phase features a set of blocks, items, and mobs appropriate for the setting.

Q: How many blocks are there in the 11 phases?
A: There are currently 11 thousand blocks!

Q: What happens after the last phase?
A: The phases repeat and you get a free +5 island size upgrade, a free pinata crate key and 1 title point when progressing through the last phase!

Q: Why do I keep falling and dying!
A: There are tricks to surviving, but it might be difficult! You need to build defenses.

Q: Why do certain blocks spawn more frequently than others?
A: They just do!

Q: How do I know which is the magic block?
A: Green particles will appear ontop of the magic block when you have not mined it for 30 seconds!

Q: My magic block is no longer there! How do I get another one?
A: You will have to place a block there. Worse case, kill yourself and one will be generated.

Q: My magic block is liquid! How can I mine it?
A: Use a bucket.

Q: Which mobs can spawn?
A: Each phase has a different set of mobs that can spawn. Be careful because they may push you off! If you listen carefully, you may hear hostile mobs coming.

Q: I have no chance to react to hostile mobs spawning!
A: Be prepared. Listen carefully when you mine a block and you will hear hostile mobs coming before they spawn. If you are in a hostile phase, then expect mobs and build defenses to protect yourself. You can mine a block from quite far away.

Q: When mobs spawn, my defenses are destroyed! Why?
A: Mobs make space to spawn. If there's anything in the way, it'll be broken and dropped. You'll have to build accordingly.

Q: Do chests spawn?
A: Yes. Chests spawn with random items in them from the current phase. There are common, uncommon, rare and epic chests. Chests with sparkles are good.

Q: Is it possible to reach the Nether or End in this mode?
A: Yes, you can access the nether when ever you have the resources to create a portal (you can also use other players their portals), and you can access the end and slay the enderdragon after completing all oneblock phases once!

Q: What is the end goal?
A: It's whatever you want it to be! But if you don't know, try beating the ender dragon! You gain access to the end by completing all phases once! You can also upgrade your island with island points each time you go through all phases!

Last edited:
there are actually 13 phases
Plains, Underground, Winter, Ocean, Jungle, Swamp, Dungeon, Lush Caves, Desert, The Nether, Plenty, Desolation, and The End

Status
Not open for further replies.