Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Forum Signature Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristan_kamps

Known Member
Thread starter Banned #1
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
FORUM SIGNATURES

So we all know how hard it is, especially for newer members, to figure out how to make your forum signature look nice and well put together right?
Well, look no further I got all the information you'll need to make a simple yet professional looking forum signature in no time.

:mc_38-7:TOPIC 1: Some General Information

Firstly, you'll need to find the forum signature editor which can be found in your profile settings, if you click the icon on the far right in the bottom right of your screen it will take you there. Secondly, in order to create and manage a good looking forum signature, you're gonna need to be familiar with BBCode. BBCode is basically, in simpler terms, the language the forum signature editor uses to manage images, gifs, links, text, etc. and it's pretty tricky to get a handle on at first. You'll see me give some examples throughout the thread, make sure to REMOVE THE SPACES in between the brackets and letters that are in the examples below. Thirdly, the
at the top of the editor will help you avoid using a good amount of BBCode so take advantage of it. Fourth and finally, don't get stressed out when trying to make your signature if its not coming together the way you want it to, always ask a fellow member of the server or a Staff Member for help!

:mc_38-7:TOPIC 2: Using Images and GIFs

Ok so if you want to put a fancy picture or gif in your forum signature, you'll need to first upload it to
, don't worry its free, safe, and doesn't require an account to do so. After you upload your photo or gif, navigate to the top right of your newly uploaded photo/gif and click on the three dots. After that you will navigate down to the section titled Get Share Links which should be the first option. Click on that and select BBCode (Forums), which should be the third available option, and copy the code. From there you can go right back to the forum signature editor, which looks like
and simply paste the code you copied right into the editor.

:mc_38-7:TOPIC 3: Simple Commands

Here are some simple and easy commands that will go a long way towards helping you achieve a fancy forum signature (make sure you remove the spaces when using them):
[ center ] Text Here [ /center ] - Center-aligns your text.
[ color=red ] Text Here [ /color ] - Will color your text. Insert about any color where "red" is for the same effect.
[ quote="Name here" ] Text here [ /quote ] - Inserts a quote
[ size= number ] Text Here [ /size ]
[ b ] Text Here [ /b ] - Bolds your text
[ I ] Text Here [ /I ] - Italicizes your text
[ u ] Text Here [/u] - Underlines your text

:mc_38-7:TOPIC 4: Using and Embedding Links

This tends to get a bit trickier then you would think. It's easy to put a link anywhere, all you have to do is type the url such as: https://www.mcfoxcraft.com or select the link button in the toolbar, but that's ugly and old school. What you want for a forum signature is a link to be embedded into a word(s). For instance look at my signature, you can see the words "My Profile", "Apply for Staff", and "Help and Support" are actually links that send you to certain webpages. In order to do this, you will have to use
command. Insert your url where the Mineplex url is, and whatever you want that link to be embedded into put where the word "Foxcraft" is. Simply insert that wherever you want it in the editor to get that effect.

That's about it, you should be able to put together a simple, yet professional looking forum signature with the information given above. It's also good to know this all applies to making a thread in the forums as well. Like I said in topic 1, always make sure to ask a fellow Foxcraft member or Staff Member for help whenever you need it. Thanks for reading all of that if you did and I hope it helps, pm me for any questions. Have a good rest of your day/night! - Tristan Kamps

Status
Not open for further replies.