Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Elevator with 15 floor selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallideadly

Known Member
Thread starter #1
Time for the lectern to shine again, another of my favorite blocks in the game. With a 15 page book in a lectern we can get up to a 15 signal strength for a redstone output. Each page will increase the redstone signal strength by 1 from a comparator up to a total of 15.

With a design I use for my, (villager vending machine * previous thread on forums), it is possible to detect and use a signal from a comparator to activate a dispenser on each of the individual floors.

Using a water elevator to ascend, it is a simple matter of removing the water source at the floor we want to select. With the water source removed the player will stop ascending at that point and can not go any higher.

Turning the pages on the lectern removes and replaces the water sources. * this makes it very important that a user turns the pages in a slow manner. fast page turning does not give the system time enough to load and unload each floor. 1 second is fine, just no rapid page turning.

15 floor elevator (1).png

Here is how the system works. The comparator detects a book in a Lectern, (default to page 1) and outputs a redstone signal of 1. The repeater on the grass is detecting that 1 signal strength and is sending power to a block with a redstone torch on it. This depowers the torch which in turn allows the other torch to come on. This is telling the system that floor 1 is selected.

There will be an observer line connected from the top redstone torch to the appropriate floors dispenser.

Now when the book is turned to page 2 the second redstone dust will power, which makes the above repeater get powered and thus the torch that was lit will then be off. The observer line powers its dispenser again, returning the water source for that floor. Each [cell] will power on and then off as the redstone signal from the comparator increases and decreases.

Now to make more cells just like this one in a row to detect the 15 different pages;

15 floor elevator (4).png

The first floors redstone torch is lit indicating the book is on page 1. Remember when page 2 was selected floor 1's redstone torch went out. Thus if page 9 is selected then a signal strength of 9 is sent and the redstone torch at that spot will come on and all others will be out.

No matter the page selected, the elevator will be ready to stop at the selected floor. Connecting observer lines to each cell and to each floor.

If you noticed, the 15th redstone in the line from the comparator does not have a repeater detecting it, and this is because an observer line only needs to see the dust power to know page 15 is selected as it is the last page.

15 floor elevator (2).png

Here I have made the floors 3 blocks space between them, but really, they can be any height if one has enough observers.

The main floor, or Lobby, is not linked to the elevator and thus floor 1 is actually above so the second level of the tower? Not to worry, I have included a 13th floor. Erm, so there are tiny little ledges to represent floors, but I think you can see my intent.

Slim design gives plenty of options for where to install such an elevator. The bulk of the build can be attributed to a maintenance or power room with just the lectern and book being accessible.

15 floor elevator (3).png

The one side has nothing at all. I have a 1 wide wall that shows this elevator can fit in a corner. The observer lines going to each floor are all just 1 block wide going up the back of the elevator shaft.

Has a clean look and is easy to use. In the book a person can leave a description of what to expect on each floor as a kind of kiosk.

But wait, there is a penthouse. How can you get to the 16th floor, (penthouse)? Take the book from the lectern and the elevator will not stop at a floor, straight to the top. If you do this be sure to lock your door up there because everyone can get up there.

There is the final matter of how to get down. So many choices that I decided not to show any given 1. Preferably a straight fall to a safe landing. Fast and simple.

Hope this helps, have fun out there.

Koud

Donator
if im to lazy to walk the stairs then why wouldn't i be to lazy to build a massive elevator with complicated redstone.
but on a more serious note, kinda sick

Status
Not open for further replies.