Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Change In Foxcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcqx

Donator
Thread starter Banned #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen i am vcqx aka Strafe and im back again fighting for change within the Foxcraft staff system. I want to start off by saying i appreciate all the support i got for my last post, I had to stand up for the community and speak out, As my last post got closed i am here addressing these issues again and making them pin point to cloakfox what issues we have in the server as he failed to understand the first time.

1. I will start off point 1 by saying please listen to the community we are not here to throw shade on the server we love, we are here to improve it and make it a better place for everyone. This can only happen when the management start to listen to the players. They need to take feedback from the community and fix issues within the server and not ignore them as it makes a toxic environment and makes the situation worse.

2. Please stop silencing the players who want to have a say, I have had bad experiences myself regarding this because whatever i say and do is silenced by me getting banned and my messages being deleted making me unable to voice my opinion in any matter without it being silenced by a member of staff, This also goes for staff members acting like snowflakes where if you even say anything to them they take it as staff disrespect and mute you for hours, This is wrong and should allow players to have a say to a certain boundary where then they should be punished.

3. Hire good active staff members, Another issue i dont understand, The management are hiring the same demoted players and then they go inactive again. You get 100s of applications every time by new players who are willing enough to ensure they do a good job as a role of a staff member and you ignore them and go for the worst picks. You need to give more people the opportunity and chances to prove themselves. And picking staff members should be done without being bias, no matter what gender, race or age they are.

4. Changes in the rules, This is a big problem within the staffing system as the ruling system is a mess, It makes no sense and is unfair. You need a valid system like before whereas it isnt a tier system you have certain warnings then mutes increase accordingly. It will also be helpful if we can see what the rules are and what is the according punishments to that breaking of the rule.

5. As you know the staff system has a lot of favouritism and has had a lot of it throughout the years and nothing has changed to this day, The higher staff always back and support lower staff which allows them to get away with a lot of corruption. The management need to stop favouritism in picking new members, promotions and anything regarding the server and its staff members should be picked on many other factors from the fact of how well the CM knows the player. This can only stop when CM's step up and make fair judgements and fair decisions within their roles even when it comes to reports and complaints.

6. I have also noticed staff members thinking staffing is a competition trying to make it through the ranks as fast as possible, which i think is totally wrong. When you decide to apply for staff you apply to help any player who may need guidance regarding the server, hackers are being banned, and anyone not obeying the rules shall be punished. Not to have a competition on who gets the most punishments because this leads to staff members punishing players over silly things and its horrible once again in this corrupt system they get away from it but we need to stop this and make it a fair place also regarding promotions it shouldn't be on who has the most punishments but also looked from many different perspectives.

7. Rework the chat filter, We should be able to say what we want, Again with the right rules and measures in place if what we say is not allowed we get punished for it. But rewriting your message over and over again for something you are not even saying makes no sense, new plugins or new system would help with this.

8. Overall in conclusion i want this to help make Foxcraft a fun happy place to be in, Not a place where you feel trapped around toxicity and feel like you cant be yourself for any reason. This will just help Foxcraft as a server a more enjoyable place to play on and will make the staff system within the team a more of a less controlling place.

Hope There Is Change:)

-vcqx

Tqzz

Friend
Donator
I think one of the good things to do is get a CM who is motivated and wants to actually make a change to fox, Elyseeh made little events in game which were fun and would entertain people for a couple hours and I personally enjoyed them when I was online. Events don’t need to be a big thing but just small little mini games ran by a CM would be nice so you could win little rewards.

When selecting staff members I think it shouldn’t be solely based on the voting system that staff do, I feel like they should just be able to give their opinions and then see how the CM feel and be more willing to give people chances, they can always be demoted if they leak anything or mess up really bad but at least try and guide them in the right direction.

I understand how certain friendships can get really messy on staff team when there are fallouts etc but at least try to ensure that staff help motivate each other and make fox a friendly place. Majority of punishments I do agree with however I think some of the Tier 2 punishments could be reset after 4 weeks instead of 1. Just a suggestion but hope you understand what I mean.

When staff pick helpers it can be really difficult thing, some applications are great but they player may not have the best reputation and some apps can literally have nothing on, so I can understand why they sometimes bring back former staff members, however, I’ve also seen people change and are trying to become better players/people. So maybe people could be given chances.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to imply but if you don’t agree it’s fair enough I’m just simply voicing an opinion / suggestion.

Silav

Hello ladies and gentlemen i am vcqx aka Strafe and im back again fighting for change within the Foxcraft staff system. I want to start off by saying i appreciate all the support i got for my last post, I had to stand up for the community and speak out, As my last post got closed i am here addressing these issues again and making them pin point to cloakfox what issues we have in the server as he failed to understand the first time.

1. I will start off point 1 by saying please listen to the community we are not here to throw shade on the server we love, we are here to improve it and make it a better place for everyone. This can only happen when the management start to listen to the players. They need to take feedback from the community and fix issues within the server and not ignore them as it makes a toxic environment and makes the situation worse.

2. Please stop silencing the players who want to have a say, I have had bad experiences myself regarding this because whatever i say and do is silenced by me getting banned and my messages being deleted making me unable to voice my opinion in any matter without it being silenced by a member of staff, This also goes for staff members acting like snowflakes where if you even say anything to them they take it as staff disrespect and mute you for hours, This is wrong and should allow players to have a say to a certain boundary where then they should be punished.

3. Hire good active staff members, Another issue i dont understand, The management are hiring the same demoted players and then they go inactive again. You get 100s of applications every time by new players who are willing enough to ensure they do a good job as a role of a staff member and you ignore them and go for the worst picks. You need to give more people the opportunity and chances to prove themselves. And picking staff members should be done without being bias, no matter what gender, race or age they are.

4. Changes in the rules, This is a big problem within the staffing system as the ruling system is a mess, It makes no sense and is unfair. You need a valid system like before whereas it isnt a tier system you have certain warnings then mutes increase accordingly. It will also be helpful if we can see what the rules are and what is the according punishments to that breaking of the rule.

5. As you know the staff system has a lot of favouritism and has had a lot of it throughout the years and nothing has changed to this day, The higher staff always back and support lower staff which allows them to get away with a lot of corruption. The management need to stop favouritism in picking new members, promotions and anything regarding the server and its staff members should be picked on many other factors from the fact of how well the CM knows the player. This can only stop when CM's step up and make fair judgements and fair decisions within their roles even when it comes to reports and complaints.

6. I have also noticed staff members thinking staffing is a competition trying to make it through the ranks as fast as possible, which i think is totally wrong. When you decide to apply for staff you apply to help any player who may need guidance regarding the server, hackers are being banned, and anyone not obeying the rules shall be punished. Not to have a competition on who gets the most punishments because this leads to staff members punishing players over silly things and its horrible once again in this corrupt system they get away from it but we need to stop this and make it a fair place also regarding promotions it shouldn't be on who has the most punishments but also looked from many different perspectives.

7. Rework the chat filter, We should be able to say what we want, Again with the right rules and measures in place if what we say is not allowed we get punished for it. But rewriting your message over and over again for something you are not even saying makes no sense, new plugins or new system would help with this.

8. Overall in conclusion i want this to help make Foxcraft a fun happy place to be in, Not a place where you feel trapped around toxicity and feel like you cant be yourself for any reason. This will just help Foxcraft as a server a more enjoyable place to play on and will make the staff system within the team a more of a less controlling place.

-vcqx
+1

-vcqx
i agree i got muted last time for rasicm for saying ***** to some one that said to me ****** dog

Hello,

Thanks for the effort on this thread, I will list my thoughts below.

Application process
As the current CM, I will respect all the opinions given and will not close any thread. So far I understand that you guys want a ''fair'' application process when we pick new members. At hand, there's stated that we picked members who are unfit and unreliable when it comes to staffing. Hence I must explain a few things the player base should know. At first yes, accepting new players is a good thing since it mostly turns out fine. However, if you think that we will just accept new players without consent you're wrong. They also must use effort and show us the dedication they have for us to decide. We've seen applications with horrible layouts and critical things that are left out. This clearly shows no effort even if the player shows dedication in-game. Meaning please try to understand the staff POV when selecting. This does not mean ex-staff will get a headstart. Despite everything so far, I believe the opinions of staff can influence others when selecting a member. More about this read the Introduction paragraph.

Current rules and tier list
Here I won't even disagree, I totally agree that the tier system is not good. I've disliked the tier since it caused so much confusion within the team and outside. To this day I prefer the old rules without the tier system. Hence I'm hoping to change /revamp things once again if it gets accepted by the player base and the staff themselves. The previous CM invented the tier list to strengthen the rules. Please do not hate or have any grudge against him, he only did what a CM would do. Some time ago I was told that every CM wanted to change the rules and that we had no definitive guide/rule system. Since then I have accepted it and followed the rules since every staff got used to it. Since I'm the CM I wish to revamp the guide and rules.

Current members in the team
Here I want to make sure that everything is clear about the current members. I do believe they all love to play and share memories with each other as well as staffing of course. Yet I'm seeing a lot of hate towards some members that are unnoticed if that's the case. Please do not assume that they're corrupt if they (false) mute or punish any player if the situation seems off. Some are active and some are lesser. I cannot look into their private lives what they're going through. However there are occasions that can happen where the player base is right and still go unnoticed, this should get directly reported to me if the evidence is valid and not sketchy. I will apologize in advance if I have missed messages.

Introducing new striking and selection process?
Starting with the selection process, I believe the best outcome is to restrict the rankings of voting. Meaning the new members will be picked by only me and cloakfox without any influence with opinions and favoritism. This means that helpers and moderators won't be able to share their thoughts in the destinated channel for it. I will allow the senior moderators and administrators to share their opinion on this occasion. This doesn't mean we don't trust our lower rankings, this will only calm the process without mixed thoughts. The final say is of course by me and cloakfox. Moving on to the new striking system for *staff*. According to another statement, some members became more inactive than usual. Hereby I'm introducing 2 strikes. When a member gets really inactive without any notice they shall get one strike upon for inactivity. By the second strike, the member will be asked if he or she still is motivated and still wants to continue. If they accept the consequences and still do not show encouragement they shall be restricted from their position without questions asked. For false punishments (with consent) or anything else counts the same.

Myself as current CM
hello there, some might know me from the old days and some think I'm new. I've been playing around for 7 years now and still love the community to this day. Due to the circumstances of old managers, I eventually became one. This was a huge step forward for something I never expected to happen. Currently, I'm the CM for 7 months now. I've gained and learned a lot in that time. Yet I wish to learn more and become even better than I am now. Due to things that happened within the team, I'm continuing the role as CM alone. A lot of time passed by and I've never expected that a thread would pop up regarding the team. Eventually, it's my responsibility, after all, hence I'm hoping to give a proper apology if things went insane that I did not know about. So far I've been a CM that gives staff a lot of space and freedom that they will fulfill their duties as staff. I've never been a strict person till this thread was made. By all means, I believe if I must correct some things, I will not hesitate to make a change from now on. I hope you all will agree with my thoughts on what could change. Thanks, @vcqx to point things out I never expected to happen. If this is what the player base really wants I shall respect it.

Will there be any events or anything at all?
Yes certainly, But please consider that there are higher priorities such as releasing new game modes or big updates that cloakfox has been working on. I will host smaller events with prices that will surely pique interest for the players. right now was not the best time for it my apologies. I enrolled in a university not too long ago, I've been quite busy but not that busy. I'm hoping to achieve a certificate as a bonus from Microsoft themselves to become a professional developer as a side job. However, I'm still focussing on my main study of course hoping for the best. Please criticize me for everything and not the staff members. So once again let me know if you all agree with my thoughts or disagree. Anything can be added or removed.

I hope you all will join me on a new journey to better all the experiences we have had so far, and that I Shafiqo can continue as Community Manager.

vcqx

Donator
Thread starter Banned #7
Hello,

Application process
As the current CM, I will respect all the opinions given and will not close any thread. So far I understand that you guys want a ''fair'' application process when we pick new members. At hand, there's stated that we picked members who are unfit and unreliable when it comes to staffing. Hence I must explain a few things the player base should know. At first yes, accepting new players is a good thing since it mostly turns out fine. However, if you think that we will just accept new players without consent you're wrong. They also must use effort and show us the dedication they have for us to decide. We've seen applications with horrible layouts and critical things that are left out. This clearly shows no effort even if the player shows dedication in-game. Meaning please try to understand the staff POV when selecting. This does not mean ex-staff will get a headstart. Despite everything so far, I believe the opinions of staff can influence others when selecting a member. More about this read the Introduction paragraph.

Here I won't even disagree, I totally agree that the tier system is not good. I've disliked the tier since it caused so much confusion within the team and outside. To this day I prefer the old rules without the tier system. Hence I'm hoping to change /revamp things once again if it gets accepted by the player base and the staff themselves. The previous CM invented the tier list to strengthen the rules. Please do not hate or have any grudge against him, he only did what a CM would do. Some time ago I was told that every CM wanted to change the rules and that we had no definitive guide/rule system. Since then I have accepted it and followed the rules since every staff got used to it. Since I'm the CM I wish to revamp the guide and rules.

Here I want to make sure that everything is clear about the current members. I do believe they all love to play and share memories with each other as well as staffing of course. Yet I'm seeing a lot of hate towards some members that are unnoticed if that's the case. Please do not assume that they're corrupt if they (false) mute or punish any player if the situation seems off. Some are active and some are lesser. I cannot look into their private lives what they're going through. However there are occasions that can happen where the player base is right and still go unnoticed, this should get directly reported to me if the evidence is valid and not sketchy. I will apologize in advance if I have missed messages.

Starting with the selection process, I believe the best outcome is to restrict the rankings of voting. Meaning the new members will be picked by only me and cloakfox without any influence with opinions and favoritism. This means that helpers and moderators won't be able to share their thoughts in the destinated channel for it. I will allow the senior moderators and administrators to share their opinion on this occasion. This doesn't mean we don't trust our lower rankings, this will only calm the process without mixed thoughts. The final say is of course by me and cloakfox. Moving on to the new striking system for *staff*. According to another statement, some members became more inactive than usual. Hereby I'm introducing 2 strikes. When a member gets really inactive without any notice they shall get one strike upon for inactivity. By the second strike, the member will be asked if he or she still is motivated and still wants to continue. If they accept the consequences and still do not show encouragement they shall be restricted from their position without questions asked. For false punishments (with consent) or anything else counts the same.

Myself as current CM
hello there, some might know me from the old days and some think I'm new. I've been playing around for 7 years now and still love the community to this day. Due to the circumstances of old managers, I eventually became one. This was a huge step forward for something I never expected to happen. Currently, I'm the CM for 7 months now. I've gained and learned a lot in that time. Yet I wish to learn more and become even better than I am now. Due to things that happened within the team, I'm continuing the role as CM alone. A lot of time passed by and I've never expected that a thread would pop up regarding the team. Eventually, it's my responsibility, after all, hence I'm hoping to give a proper apology if things went insane that I did not know about. So far I've been a CM that gives staff a lot of space and freedom that they will fulfill their duties as staff. I've never been a strict person till this thread was made. By all means, I believe if I must correct some things, I will not hesitate to make a change from now on. I hope you all will agree with my thoughts on what could change. Thanks, @vcqx to point things out I never expected to happen. If this is what the player base really wants I shall respect it.

Yes certainly, But please consider that there are higher priorities such as releasing new game modes or big updates that cloakfox has been working on. I will host smaller events with prices that will surely pique interest for the players. right now was not the best time for it my apologies. I enrolled in a university not too long ago, I've been quite busy but not that busy. I'm hoping to achieve a certificate as a bonus from Microsoft themselves to become a professional developer as a side job. However, I'm still focussing on my main study of course hoping for the best. Please criticize me for everything and not the staff members. So once again let me know if you all agree with my thoughts or disagree. Anything can be added or removed.

I hope you all will join me on a new journey to better all the experiences we have had so far, and that I Shafiqo can continue as Community Manager.
respect for this my friend, hope you understand where me and the community are coming from, and i appreciate you taking a look into it and making change. Hope we can see more of it and make Foxcraft a better place for everyone,

in conclusion i wanna thank the community for having my back and supporting me through every movement i go for, love to the people of Foxcraft

Tqzz

Friend
Donator
Starting with the selection process, I believe the best outcome is to restrict the rankings of voting. Meaning the new members will be picked by only me and cloakfox without any influence with opinions and favoritism. This means that helpers and moderators won't be able to share their thoughts in the destinated channel for it. I will allow the senior moderators and administrators to share their opinion on this occasion. This doesn't mean we don't trust our lower rankings, this will only calm the process without mixed thoughts. The final say is of course by me and cloakfox.
Hey shaf, firstly I respect what’ve you are trying to say but this caught my eye, I think all members of the team should be allowed to give their opinion and at least give good reasoning why a player could become staff or not to be. What I suggested is that after opinions are given it’s down to yourself and cloak (maybe admins too) to make the final choice on new staff. Some players in different time zones may not know different people so I personally think it’s important to allow all staff to at least have something to say about it, not like “-1 because they are toxic” but to give a good reasoning and proof of this. I think that moderators should at least be told about new helpers just before they are promoted and to have tutors assigned, helpers don’t necessarily need to know about new ones until they’re in the team.

I hope you understand
Tazz

Venomlol

Hello,

Application process

Myself as current CM

Sounds good :)

Hey shaf, firstly I respect what’ve you are trying to say but this caught my eye, I think all members of the team should be allowed to give their opinion and at least give good reasoning why a player could become staff or not to be. What I suggested is that after opinions are given it’s down to yourself and cloak (maybe admins too) to make the final choice on new staff. Some players in different time zones may not know different people so I personally think it’s important to allow all staff to at least have something to say about it, not like “-1 because they are toxic” but to give a good reasoning and proof of this. I think that moderators should at least be told about new helpers just before they are promoted and to have tutors assigned, helpers don’t necessarily need to know about new ones until they’re in the team.

I hope you understand
Tazz
I agree with shaf that making the opinion source smaller but also more "efficient".

When I was staff few months ago and read some of the helpers opinions and their judgements why they gave a specific opinion was well something I could disagree often.
I noticed quite that some helpers are afraid to give constructive critisicm and/or just say all the positivity stuff and say they are friendly etc in fact it's not always just that. Friend of mine applied to staff for giggles few months ago and started trolling in game and read helpers opinions which most were positive things on him and made me laugh since most things what were said was so far off.

Either that or it reminds pack of sheeps at times. Newer/lower staffs follow one's opinion without adding anything more or other viewpoints. If one lets say srmod says a detailed constructive critisicm opinion then most of the helpers go along with it and repeat the same things or start editing their opinions to match it a bit or remove their opinions and if they are friends with the applicant you get unhonest opinions.

Most of the time its just repetitive words and points so making it mod+ wouldnt be bad and having it srmod+ you get less but good and probably all the info you need from experienced staffs who been with you long time.

Other than that there are many points not all but many I agree with @vcqx and with plat 2 shaf I agree that the tier punishment is probably the worst change during the time I was staff

Hereby I'm introducing 2 strikes. When a member gets really inactive without any notice they shall get one strike upon for inactivity. By the second strike, the member will be asked if he or she still is motivated and still wants to continue. If they accept the consequences and still do not show encouragement they shall be restricted from their position without questions asked. For false punishments (with consent) or anything else counts the same.
Lol, I'm still on my first strike from the previous CM!

I would like to add; If you go ahead and add this system, Please give players a chance even when they are going through a tough time in life, do not hit them with a strike after something bad has happened to them and they need a week or two break to gather their emotions together. As my previous experience at the time of staffing my Grandad passed and I was going though a rough patch. I needed a break and when I took one, the current CM at the time was not understanding what so ever.

I recall saying 'I wasn't expecting id get this responsibility with being staff'. The reply I was given was 'Like what responsibilities? Helpers don’t really do too much'
This really made me annoyed, I found having power for the first time in staffing is a huge responsibility, It's more than just typing in commands and reading chats and banning players. It gives you the responsibility of learning different types of toxicity which actually help you in the real world. My experiences Staffing allowed me to learn how to answer people more professionally and to understand different types of toxicity!

To anyone who is looking to apply and has not staffed before, Take my word for it. You will get overwhelmed!! staffing looks easy but you have to remember to answer in a mature matter and understand what is incorrect and not! I'm going to add do not forget to ask questions, never to many questions!

I am hoping the current CM understands that not everyone is going to properly understand it first time that it takes players a few times to get it correct.. AND I hope the demotion messages are better than 'I think staffing isn’t the best thing for you right now. So I think it’s best if I remove you from the team.' with no other context.

BirdDragon3

Known Member
Lol, I'm still on my first strike from the previous CM!

I am hoping the current CM understands that not everyone is going to properly understand it first time that it takes players a few times to get it correct.. AND I hope the demotion messages are better than 'I think staffing isn’t the best thing for you right now. So I think it’s best if I remove you from the team.' with no other context.
I'm also going to input my own little piece here. I hope that the denial messages get changed a little from the standard format. Right now when you get denied you usually get a copy-pasted denial message. I understand it would take too long to personalize one for all the applicants but it helps someone figure out what they actually need to work on.

I'm also going to input my own little piece here. I hope that the denial messages get changed a little from the standard format. Right now when you get denied you usually get a copy-pasted denial message. I understand it would take too long to personalize one for all the applicants but it helps someone figure out what they actually need to work on.
I also agree with you there!

Message to @cloakfox or @Shafiq :

The denial message doesn't contain any information which allows players to see what is needed for them to improve on.
Denial messages could contain a list of reasons why their application was denied or personal ones (for example application didn't meet the rules requirements etc.) If was to do denial messages like that, you could just copy and paste them into each application, doing it like that would allows players can see the main issue they need to work on.
This may help you find more players who do the work effectively (As you could see if they was willing to put the effort in after their previous applications!). If you provide more of a solid denial message, in hindsight that will allow players to understand the issues they need to over become which gives them more hope if they was going to reapply again.

The denial message doesn't contain any information which allows players to see what is needed for them to improve on.
Denial messages could contain a list of reasons why their application was denied or personal ones (for example application didn't meet the rules requirements etc.) If was to do denial messages like that, you could just copy and paste them into each application, doing it like that would allows players can see the main issue they need to work on.
This may help you find more players who do the work effectively (As you could see if they was willing to put the effort in after their previous applications!). If you provide more of a solid denial message, in hindsight that will allow players to understand the issues they need to over become which gives them more hope if they was going to reapply again.
Agree I don't know why the hack its just a simple copy paste message

Agree I don't know why the hack its just a simple copy paste message
I believe this greatly depends on the application, we also refrain from going into to much detail when giving feedback on the applications. We want to keep our freedom in accepting and denying applications and not obligate ourselves to accept an app just because pain points have been worked out in the new application by the applicant.

The feedback given on the applications are always applicable and is not a random copy pasta, we expect our current and future staff to be able to think for their selves and work out what they need to improve on to increase their chances of getting accepted in future application rounds. We also expect applicants to respect our decisions because even if you think you check all the marks for becoming staff we may still not feel comfortable with that. Many factors play a role when accepting new staff.

vcqx

Donator
Thread starter Banned #16
I believe this greatly depends on the application, we also refrain from going into to much detail when giving feedback on the applications. We want to keep our freedom in accepting and denying applications and not obligate ourselves to accept an app just because pain points have been worked out in the new application by the applicant.

The feedback given on the applications are always applicable and is not a random copy pasta, we expect our current and future staff to be able to think for their selves and work out what they need to improve on to increase their chances of getting accepted in future application rounds. We also expect applicants to respect our decisions. Many factors play a role when accepting new staff.
long story short this server is never giving me staff nowa days i just get the “blacklisted player denied.”

The feedback given on the applications are always applicable and is not a random copy pasta, we expect our current and future staff to be able to think for their selves and work out what they need to improve on to increase their chances of getting accepted in future application rounds. We also expect applicants to respect our decisions because even if you think you check all the marks for becoming staff we may still not feel comfortable with that. Many factors play a role when accepting new staff.
I have only ever seemed to get a random copy and paste message for my denied applications, it may be because I've previously been staff.
I understand that where you are coming from! Denial messages containing little hints towards what players may need to work on may be helpful, The basic denial message lacks information to guide them in the right direction for their new application!

Once again, these are only suggestions. Us players are trying to express what how we feel, and things we'd like to change about the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.