Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Bring back 2016/2017 Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #1
All of the Fox. Factions players reading this probably know what I mean by that title. We want back the style and look of Factions from back in its golden days.
Here is a list where I explain basically what that means.

Chat
Chat is a big part of Factions, but now it is so bland its boring. You used to be able to have nicks (nick names) and chat colors, making everything look better. Now however, chat restricts both of those making it look basic. I know that the look and style of chat is not extremely important all things considered, but I do believe that the chat has had a slight impact on the server. I know that personally the chat's being less customization has had an effect on me insomuch as to sometimes make me not even want to play.

Wall limit
This is something I've been pushing since 2016 but no one has added it. So, in turn, let's do a chunk limit. Many servers have a chunk limit, or a maximum amount of chunks you can claim outside of your base. This is to stop buffers from becoming way too big and over-powered. We should have a nine to ten chunk maximum, meaning that you can only claim nine/ten chunks in any direction from your base. This would keep bases small enough to raid while giving players enough flexibility to build adequate defenses inside of their claims.

PvP
Enchants, tokens, and mcmmo are good the way they are now. I don't think any change is necessary right now. Except remove the 'Soulbound' enchant. It is simply too OP.

Add the Level/Kills plugin that is currently implemented into KitPvP via typing /level.

Selling Iron
Selling iron is boring. Back in Season 4, I would sell for an hour a session at three sessions a day (do the math). That would take me a very long time. In Season 5, I would sell from 5:30 in the morning to 7:00, than again from the same amount of time at night. My point is that selling iron takes way too long.
AND HERE'S THE PROBLEM WITH IT- not enough people on the server are willing to hop on every day and sell iron for lots of time (unlike bigger servers). Thus, all you have to do to win is to sell iron. Factions becomes less of a fun race and more of a 'who has more free time'.
So basically, add sell wands (it would make factions a much more even playing field) (this is also something I've been pushing for since 2017).

Titles
Another thing that I suggested back in 2017, add titles. KitPvP has them and they seem like a good idea. Titles could be purchased off of the webstore in packages, or received in-game by meeting certain requirements (like on KitPvP). They would be a cool way to show off maybe a certain kill streak (for example, you get titles for a certain amount of kills) or to make chat look like it used to.
Here are some pictures I made to show off titles:
88560c8b0b62b9375e0758f2277ed043.jpg
ea40d94935aef76b64ac57a9e900173a.png

An idea I suggested before was also giving people titles for wining f top. Would be interesting and a good incentive.

Also here way my original suggestion pushing this idea. If you look at it, you'll see that at the time of posting this was well accepted -> https://www.mcfoxcraft.com/threads/suggestion-tags.12369/#post-76582

Crate keys
Here are a few suggestions for adds to the crate keys:
1. Money pouches (give you a random amount of money, could be from $100K-$500K or $500K-$1M+)
2. Higher monetary rewards ($25K from a crate key on the first day of Factions is still trash, people get 2 or 3 IGS on the first day, meaning they make millions of dollars already, meaning they've made millions of dollars within 24 hours of Factions, rendering the small amount of money you can win from keys useless).
3. Make spawners less rare. IGS/Blaze should be 20%-30%
4. Add God apples
5. Add MCMMO
6. Possibly custom enchants (either books or enchanted gear, Archon did something like this in 2017 and it seemed nifty).
7. New animation

World border
Make it 10k by 10k in the overworld. It will make raids so much easier to find, meaning there will be more action.

Chests
Allow chests to be able to be opened in enemy/neutral territory. Makes raids faster and cleaner, there is really no reason to do otherwise. Besides, most bigger servers (Cosmic, PvPWars) has chests that can be opened in enemy/neutral territory.
Also, allow commands like /espawn in enemy territory to speed up getting out of their territory. Right now, you have to /top and than run out of an enemies claims to tp away, and if you don't have access to /top, you can actually get trapped in enemy claims and not be able to get out.

F missions
This is something that I have been pushing for a while now, and it has yet to be added.
Here is a plugin I found that I think would make factions so much more fun ->
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The Archon had quests back in Summer of 2017 and it seemed fun. Would be cool to gain rewards (like money, creeper eggs, spawners, god apples...) for doing basic things like killing people, placing blocks, certain f top value, or even having the dragon egg.

Finding bases
It would be very cool if there was a way to see where people's bases are without having to spend hours, days, or weeks trying to find it. Maybe Fox. could code some sort of plugin or script where in the information on /f show the coordinates of their base will show (this is what Hardcore Factions does). To determine their base, it would look for the bulk concentration of their claims. For instance, if they have 300 land claimed and 100 in one spot and 200 in another, it will pick the spot with 200.
Or you could make a command that would show the coordinates of everyone of their claims. It might be a bit 'spammy', but with a cooldown it would be a very useful tool.
I am actually very animate on this idea and here's why:
There has not been any good raids on Foxcraft since 2017. And it is way too easy to build your base somewhere in the world and for it to never be found. This is not a big server with 300 or 400 players, where your base will be found by someone. That having been said, we need a way for everyone's base to be found. That way, raids will be a lot more commonplace, making Factions actually worth playing.
This needs to be added if you want factions to continue.

Also, for future reference, release the Factions changelog post on the forums before the reset, so we can see what we are getting into and tentatively plan accordingly.

Overall, my entire post had a primary purpose: to make Factions a more even playing field. Every base should be able to be found, it should be able to be raided, every player should have a chance to win, even if they don't have hours at a time to play.
Adding all of this will only help Factions and make it a more even and entertaining playing environment.

Just thought it would be useful to give my opinions on what should happen on Factions. This is a very condensed post and if I wanted to go into extreme detail it would be a little longer. But regardless, here you go.

Last edited:

connor12568

Dedicated Member
Banned #2
All of the Fox. Factions players reading this probably know what I mean by that title. We want back the style and look of Factions from back in its golden days.

Chat
Chat is a big part of Factions, but now it is so bland its boring. You used to be able to have nicks (nick names) and chat colors, making everything look better. Now however, chat restricts both of those making it look basic. I know that the look and style of chat is not extremely important all things considered, but I do believe that the chat has had a slight impact on the server. I know that personally the chat's being less customization has had an effect on me insomuch as to sometimes make me not even want to play.

Wall limit
This is something I've been pushing since 2016 but no one has added it. So, in turn, let's do a chunk limit. Many servers have a chunk limit, or a maximum amount of chunks you can claim outside of your base. This is to stop buffers from becoming way too big and over-powered. We should have a nine to ten chunk maximum, meaning that you can only claim nine/ten chunks in any direction from your base. This would keep bases small enough to raid while giving players enough flexibility to build adequate defenses inside of their claims.

PvP
Enchants, tokens, and mcmmo are good the way they are now. I don't think any change is necessary right now. Except remove the 'Soulbound' enchant. It is simply too OP.

Add the Level/Kills plugin that is currently implemented into KitPvP via typing /level.

Selling Iron
Selling iron is boring. Back in Season 4, I would sell for an hour a session at three sessions a day (do the math). That would take me a very long time. In Season 5, I would sell from 5:30 in the morning to 7:00, than again from the same amount of time at night. My point is that selling iron takes way too long.
AND HERE'S THE PROBLEM WITH IT- not enough people on the server are willing to hop on every day and sell iron for lots of time (unlike bigger servers). Thus, all you have to do to win is to sell iron. Factions becomes less of a fun race and more of a 'who has more free time'.
So basically, add sell wands (it would make factions a much more even playing field) (this is also something I've been pushing for since 2017).

Titles
Another thing that I suggested back in 2017, add titles. KitPvP has them and they seem like a good idea. Titles could be purchased off of the webstore in packages, or received in-game by meeting certain requirements (like on KitPvP). They would be a cool way to show off maybe a certain kill streak (for example, you get titles for a certain amount of kills) or to make chat look like it used to.
View attachment 5401
View attachment 5402

An idea I suggested before was also giving people titles for wining f top. Would be interesting and a good incentive.

Also here way my original suggestion pushing this idea. If you look at it, you'll see that at the time of posting this was well accepted -> https://www.mcfoxcraft.com/threads/suggestion-tags.12369/#post-76582

Crate keys
1. Money pouches (give you a random amount of money, could be from $100K-$500K or $500K-$1M+)
2. Higher monetary rewards ($25K from a crate key on the first day of Factions is still trash, people get 2 or 3 IGS on the first day, meaning they make millions of dollars already, meaning they've made millions of dollars within 24 hours of Factions, rendering the small amount of money you can win from keys useless).
4. Add God apples
5. Add MCMMO
6. Possibly custom enchants (either books or enchanted gear, Archon did something like this in 2017 and it seemed nifty).
7. New animation

World border
Make it 10k by 10k in the overworld. It will make raids so much easier to find, meaning there will be more action.

Chests
Allow chests to be able to be opened in enemy/neutral territory. Makes raids faster and cleaner, there is really no reason to do otherwise. Besides, most bigger servers (Cosmic, PvPWars) has chests that can be opened in enemy/neutral territory.
Also, allow commands like /espawn in enemy territory to speed up getting out of their territory. Right now, you have to /top and than run out of an enemies claims to tp away, and if you don't have access to /top, you can actually get trapped in enemy claims and not be able to get out.

F missions
This is something that I have been pushing for a while now, and it has yet to be added.

The Archon had quests back in Summer of 2017 and it seemed fun. Would be cool to gain rewards (like money, creeper eggs, spawners, god apples...) for doing basic things like killing people, placing blocks, certain f top value, or even having the dragon egg.

Finding bases
It would be very cool if there was a way to see where people's bases are without having to spend hours, days, or weeks trying to find it. Maybe Fox. could code some sort of plugin or script where in the information on /f show the coordinates of their base will show (this is what Hardcore Factions does). To determine their base, it would look for the bulk concentration of their claims. For instance, if they have 300 land claimed and 100 in one spot and 200 in another, it will pick the spot with 200.
Or you could make a command that would show the coordinates of everyone of their claims. It might be a bit 'spammy', but with a cooldown it would be a very useful tool.
There has not been any good raids on Foxcraft since 2017. And it is way too easy to build your base somewhere in the world and for it to never be found. This is not a big server with 300 or 400 players, where your base will be found by someone. That having been said, we need a way for everyone's base to be found. That way, raids will be a lot more commonplace, making Factions actually worth playing.

Also, for future reference, release the Factions changelog post on the forums before the reset, so we can see what we are getting into and tentatively plan accordingly.

Overall, my entire post had a primary purpose: to make Factions a more even playing field. Every base should be able to be found, it should be able to be raided, every player should have a chance to win, even if they don't have hours at a time to play.
Adding all of this will only help Factions and make it a more even and entertaining playing environment.

Just thought it would be useful to give my opinions on what should happen on Factions. This is a very condensed post and if I wanted to go into extreme detail it would be a little longer. But regardless, here you go.
What about 2013 factions :'(

As you can see by the end, I gave zero fucks back then LOL (2:55)

Here's another video, just doing admin stuff back then. When Minecraft was actually good. I'm gonna miss this ****, I'll tell ya.

yo listen to that dank music in the background that was a good *** song.
That cringe though can't even spell privately LOL

Last edited:

connor12568

Dedicated Member
Banned #3

Old *** KitPVP with linkinpark

This was the DANK Foxcraft I'm tellin yA

Best 480p quality you'll ever see

Crazy dubstep in this one o_O

Might wanna turn it down before you play it lol

Banned #4

Old *** KitPVP with linkinpark

This was the DANK Foxcraft I'm tellin yA

Best 480p quality you'll ever see

Crazy dubstep in this one o_O

Might wanna turn it down before you play it lol
Looks so nostalgic even though I never played Foxcraft or Minecraft before 2014. Kitpvp barely gets a stable player count. Lol!1!1

connor12568

Dedicated Member
Banned #5
Looks so nostalgic even though I never played Foxcraft or Minecraft before 2014. Kitpvp barely gets a stable player count. Lol!1!1
Micro$oft pretty much killed it. Or Mojang whoever the idiot was that decided to continue updating this game.

Honestly it was pretty much good to go by 1.8.9 but then they kept pushing it.

I can say it's not Foxcrafts fault. Or at least not all of it is..

Some things were forced to change because Minecraft kept updating and forcing it.

It is nostalgic and I really can say I'm sorry that you weren't there to play Fox in it's prime because I'd be no lifeing this crap for days on end.

Brings a tear to my eye :(

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #8

Chat

Wall limit

PvP

Selling Iron

Titles
View attachment 5401
View attachment 5402

Crate keys
4. Add God apples
5. Add MCMMO
7. New animation

World border

Chests

F missions

Finding bases

EDIT:
Mob Bosses
Mob bosses are popular on CosmicPvP, especially back in 2016/17.
Basically these are overpowered mobs that have gear and weapons. Your job is to kill them before they kill you. Upon killing them, you receive rewards. Maybe we could implement a system on Fox. where you can buy these mobs and win prizes like custom enchanted gear, crate keys, and more (you could also add them to crates).

Status
Not open for further replies.