Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Why do people want /shop removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I've seen a lot of people wanting /shop removed and I don't get why. I understand the thing with profit shops and how it's easy cash. Also, I see people complain about how people make farms, afk them and sell the products in /shop, but I don't think removing /shop will solve it. I personally think doing something about the buy and sell mechanics, like altering amount you can sell may solve it. But I might be a complete idiot, so tell me what you think.

Hi. I'm new here, but a minecraft server vet. I understand people's concerns. However removing the shop altogether is a bad idea. People can play a multitude of servers where there is player only shops. Servers like Foxcraft are awesome, because it allows creativity in building farms to make money. It's a specific style of gameplay that i personally find very fun.
Now what does ruin the fun on many servers, is when you have something like the chest/chunk hopper that auto collects items and sells them for you to the shop. As long as that doesn't become a widely accessible feature, the economy will remain somewhat decent. I think a better fix would be to find new ways to sink in game cash from the players, like a tax system on claims, auction house, etc.

It took me a long time to find a server with this specific set of features, so it would suck to have the shop feature removed

Status
Not open for further replies.