Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Suggestions To Make Survival Better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Hi Foxcraft Community, I would like to say a couple of things that I think hold back this certain part of the server.

1. Lack of attention
This server does not get a lot of attention and thus leading not many players to play it. I do not see much or any staff members play survival on Foxcraft. This server has so many bugs that have or have not been reported and need to so the server is playable. One bug being that the spawners are glitched. When a player places down any type of spawner, it turns into a pig spawner and players get confused or mad leading them to leave.

2. Pay To Win
I recently found out that if you buy claim blocks, you keep your claims forever. I think this is not how survival is ment to be played. There are players who have not logged on for a month or longer and still have claims on survival because they purchased claim blocks. Another thing is that you can not get claim blocks with out buying them. It used to be that when you walk around or explore, you would get 1 claim block for every block you traveled. Now, the only possible way to get them are to buy them and some players do not want to waste money to make it somewhere on a SURVIVAL server.

3. A Real Survival Server
one thing being brought up a lot is to reset the server. Dont get me wrong, do not reset this server. Although many people keep asking for a reset, thats not the right choice. Many players before the most recent survival reset quit because it reset. Yes, it might bring new players to the server but cause all the current players to not play or quit. I think that this will hurt it even more than it is. Most players just want an actual survival server. Most players are mad because it is not a survival server anymore, more of a creative and roleplay server. My opinion is that this new survival is just not fun anymore. Being a player that joined almost 5 years ago because of the survival part of Foxcraft, it used to be so much more enjoyable before hand. I would miss being raided or dying in pvp because it gave me something to do. Now, people just sit in claims or have mcmmo to protect them. The thing I enjoyed the most in Foxcraft was survival and the people playing it, at one point being very popular. Now, around 10 players play it and it is very sad to see that because there was a time when it was 50!

Thank you for reading this and please make some changed to this server.
-Lone

Hi Foxcraft Community, I would like to say a couple of things that I think hold back this certain part of the server.

1. Lack of attention
This server does not get a lot of attention and thus leading not many players to play it. I do not see much or any staff members play survival on Foxcraft. This server has so many bugs that have or have not been reported and need to so the server is playable. One bug being that the spawners are glitched. When a player places down any type of spawner, it turns into a pig spawner and players get confused or mad leading them to leave.

2. Pay To Win
I recently found out that if you buy claim blocks, you keep your claims forever. I think this is not how survival is ment to be played. There are players who have not logged on for a month or longer and still have claims on survival because they purchased claim blocks. Another thing is that you can not get claim blocks with out buying them. It used to be that when you walk around or explore, you would get 1 claim block for every block you traveled. Now, the only possible way to get them are to buy them and some players do not want to waste money to make it somewhere on a SURVIVAL server.

3. A Real Survival Server
one thing being brought up a lot is to reset the server. Dont get me wrong, do not reset this server. Although many people keep asking for a reset, thats not the right choice. Many players before the most recent survival reset quit because it reset. Yes, it might bring new players to the server but cause all the current players to not play or quit. I think that this will hurt it even more than it is. Most players just want an actual survival server. Most players are mad because it is not a survival server anymore, more of a creative and roleplay server. My opinion is that this new survival is just not fun anymore. Being a player that joined almost 5 years ago because of the survival part of Foxcraft, it used to be so much more enjoyable before hand. I would miss being raided or dying in pvp because it gave me something to do. Now, people just sit in claims or have mcmmo to protect them. The thing I enjoyed the most in Foxcraft was survival and the people playing it, at one point being very popular. Now, around 10 players play it and it is very sad to see that because there was a time when it was 50!

Thank you for reading this and please make some changed to this server.
-Lone
Point 1: New spawners work fine

Point 2: Is false. You do get claim blocks for exploring. You wont get any if you already have max amount, wich you have.

Banned #3
lol survival's playercount is not that bad, and it's not a "roleplay" server just because me and Hans have an Empire and kill people.

Thread starter #4
Point 1: New spawners work fine

Point 2: Is false. You do get claim blocks for exploring. You wont get any if you already have max amount, wich you have.
This is false, the max according to Foxcraft staff is 100k, I have roughly 40k and I am not getting any claim blocks while exploring. Staff said the only way to obtain claim blocks would be to buy them. The spawners could have been fixed but I highly doubt they are but I will doubt check.

Thread starter #5
lol survival's playercount is not that bad, and it's not a "roleplay" server just because me and Hans have an Empire and kill people.
Survivals player count is not fine compared to how big it was a little past a year ago. Yes, you have “empire” and it counts as a role play to some extent

When you get the max amount of claim blocks you can get by exploring you also keep your claims forever. There is def pay to win aspects of survival but the fact that you don't get unclaimed when you buy some blocks isn't one of them. Being able to buy spawners that you cant get in survival normally (creeper, enderman, animals, etc.) and MCMMO are the main pay to win kind of things I see.

I think the big thing that should be focused on for survival is to make sure we get all game updates within a few days of their release.

This is false, the max according to Foxcraft staff is 100k, I have roughly 40k and I am not getting any claim blocks while exploring. Staff said the only way to obtain claim blocks would be to buy them. The spawners could have been fixed but I highly doubt they are but I will doubt check.
The max is like 20/25k

There are many problems that we can not discuss in one post. With some issues that have been discussed here I agree , with some not. I recommend looking into the future and thinking about the positive and negative effects that changes will cause.

Thread starter #10
There are many problems that we can not discuss in one post. With some issues that have been discussed here I agree , with some not. I recommend looking into the future and thinking about the positive and negative effects that changes will cause.
Agreed Alex, one post cannot say everything

Thread starter #11
When you get the max amount of claim blocks you can get by exploring you also keep your claims forever. There is def pay to win aspects of survival but the fact that you don't get unclaimed when you buy some blocks isn't one of them. Being able to buy spawners that you cant get in survival normally (creeper, enderman, animals, etc.) and MCMMO are the main pay to win kind of things I see.

I think the big thing that should be focused on for survival is to make sure we get all game updates within a few days of their release.
The fact that you can buy claim blocks, claim something and never play again is kind of pay to win. Yes, buying spawners and mcmm is more pay to win, buying anything off the store has a big pay to win vibe. I also agree with the updates. Survival has or hasn’t been updated because I have not seen pandas, thus lacking the attention it needs.

i agree to some extent, as i have seen firsthand the spawners not working, and i do agree that survival was much better back 2013-15, but i do think that the claim system is a good addition to the server.

Thread starter #13
So I have personally gone out to my way and recorded how a blaze spawner changes to a pig spawner. The file is too big for this server to handle so how can I get this to staff and make this first, crucial change. @cloakfox

The spawner thing is a mess. I don't know whether its broken again but we need a solution.

1. We have adequate but not good amount of players.
2. DON'T RESET SURVIVAL.
3 Some people who are inactive for 6-8 months still have their claim because they bought claimblocks, there should be a time limit for it.
4(IMPORTANT). I have realized that more staff are active in survival, it should continue in that way if we want the server to live. Not only survival, staff members should play gamemodes other than skyblock. (Especially towny where playercounts are okay but I haven't seen any staff there and they got many issues)

Thread starter #15
The spawner thing is a mess. I don't know whether its broken again but we need a solution.

1. We have adequate but not good amount of players.
2. DON'T RESET SURVIVAL.
3 Some people who are inactive for 6-8 months still have their claim because they bought claimblocks, there should be a time limit for it.
4(IMPORTANT). I have realized that more staff are active in survival, it should continue in that way if we want the server to live. Not only survival, staff members should play gamemodes other than skyblock. (Especially towny where playercounts are okay but I haven't seen any staff there and they got many issues)
1. Spawners are still broke, I have proof
2. I agree with not resetting the server but it’s in popular demand
3. Players and staff has gone up recently on survival but still not enough to fix all the bugs it has

Banned #16
1. Spawners are still broke, I have proof
2. I agree with not resetting the server but it’s in popular demand
3. Players and staff has gone up recently on survival but still not enough to fix all the bugs it has
It's literally not in popular demand at all, only people asking for it are shitlets like Strafe who's a rando and other randos, anyone who has a large playercount or plays actively would not agree to a reset and are the most important part of survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.