Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Is Scamming Allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I'm the kind of day player who will often do trades with other players, sometimes this involves my own money IRL. Before I get to heavy into this business I wanted to ask if scamming is allowed, because if not I'll save myself some heartache and money. Thanks

Is scamming allowed? If not, what are the consequences?
[doublepost=1466490311,1466489973][/doublepost]PS: I ask cause I read this list about 4 times to make sure I'm not being stupid and missing it.

Server Rules
1)
No advertisement (of any kind)
2) No spam (/msg nor global)
3) No swearing
4) No hacked/modded clients
5) No random messages/excessive caps
6) Do not ask for: spawned items, money, ranks, op, or anything else of the sort
7) No mini-modding (claiming to have authority/acting like a staff member if you are not one)
8) Respect all players, staff or not
9) No remarks pertaining ageism, sexism, religion, disabilities, or any such type of discrimination.
10) Have common sense
11) No IP luring
12) Do not interfere with the Administration teams' business. (Ex. If we mute/kick, etc. someone that is not yourself, please do not question/criticize us, and leave it alone.)
13) Refrain from constant use of caps
14) Refrain from posting 18+ age content
15) Do not threaten: others (real life threats), the forum nor the server (ex: DDoS/hack/dox threats)
16) Do not change your name similar to a current or former staff member
17) Do not troll or harass other players
18) Do not use alternate accounts to evade punishment
19) Do not use any disguise (/d) in any PvP areas to give yourself an advantage over other players.

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
I'm the kind of day player who will often do trades with other players, sometimes this involves my own money IRL. Before I get to heavy into this business I wanted to ask if scamming is allowed, because if not I'll save myself some heartache and money. Thanks

Is scamming allowed? If not, what are the consequences?
[doublepost=1466490311,1466489973][/doublepost]PS: I ask cause I read this list about 4 times to make sure I'm not being stupid and missing it.

Server Rules
1)
No advertisement (of any kind)
2) No spam (/msg nor global)
3) No swearing
4) No hacked/modded clients
5) No random messages/excessive caps
6) Do not ask for: spawned items, money, ranks, op, or anything else of the sort
7) No mini-modding (claiming to have authority/acting like a staff member if you are not one)
8) Respect all players, staff or not
9) No remarks pertaining ageism, sexism, religion, disabilities, or any such type of discrimination.
10) Have common sense
11) No IP luring
12) Do not interfere with the Administration teams' business. (Ex. If we mute/kick, etc. someone that is not yourself, please do not question/criticize us, and leave it alone.)
13) Refrain from constant use of caps
14) Refrain from posting 18+ age content
15) Do not threaten: others (real life threats), the forum nor the server (ex: DDoS/hack/dox threats)
16) Do not change your name similar to a current or former staff member
17) Do not troll or harass other players
18) Do not use alternate accounts to evade punishment
19) Do not use any disguise (/d) in any PvP areas to give yourself an advantage over other players.
Scamming is allowed, yes.

Thread starter #4
Scamming is allowed to some extent. You can scam In Game items (Armor, VIRTUAL money, items, etc.)
You can't scam real life currency such as the U.S Dollar, as that would be illegal.
(i stg do not warn me for mini modding cs im not)
DISCLAIMER, these are just examples... i don't play OP prison and don't plan to.

clarifying question... here are two cases of scamming, please tell me which if not both is illegal.

situation A: I offered to pay $50 real dollars for someones stuff on OP prison, but never pay after I get their stuff. (no money is actually used)

Situation B: I pay someone on OP prison $50 for their stuff and they don't give it. (real money is lost)

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
DISCLAIMER, these are just examples... i don't play OP prison and don't plan to.

clarifying question... here are two cases of scamming, please tell me which if not both is illegal.

situation A: I offered to pay $50 real dollars for someones stuff on OP prison, but never pay after I get their stuff. (no money is actually used)

Situation B: I pay someone on OP prison $50 for their stuff and they don't give it. (real money is lost)
I'm pretty sure that scamming for real money would be illegal, because that right there would be considered stealing. It's just like going into a 711 and walking out without paying for that Twix bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.