Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

new Kingdoms ( please read )

what reset does kingdoms need ?

• full reset

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • end

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • nether

• nether / end

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • loot reset

• level / tokens reset

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Geen reset

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy

Known Member
Thread starter #1
hey Everyone , I know this thread has been done for a certain amount of time but I wanted to give it 1 last try , I also have some reasons why I think this , I will explain all of it in this thread , if there are any questions please leave a comment ( for the staff please give me a chance to be heard.

first of all : I have noticed kingdom has 25 players online when its busy ( this is not a bad thing ) but I knew that 1 time there were around 70 + people online when it was a average day I miss these days, I will give you some reasons why I think this has happened and how I think this can be changed.

1- for people who just started there is a 99.99% chance to not become the best of the server , why you may ask . well I think I know why .
there has been an update where zombies / mobs drop items wich are not officially in the game ( the best armour is assasins armour ) it is impossible to obtain this armour with kits so people with ranks don't have the ability to get better with a kit , only for the beginning of their kingdoms journey ( but : almost no one will buy a kit when they start playing ) the armour is not easy to get + if you want to beat the opponents you obviously need better enchantments , this is only possible with tokens ( I am not saying tokens should not be in the game anymore ) for me tokens are pay 2 win and are worth at least 10 x more than a rank , this means ranks are very much overrated ( if you ask me ) me personally doesn't like the fact that tokens are only available by purchase , this means you need to purchase something over and over to get a descent amount of good loot , in the old days we had no such thing is protection VI or sharpness VI I liked those days because everyone was equal ( the people with ranks were more op but It was possible to make the stuff they had so it was gonna be a fair fight)

short : you cant compete versus people who have bought tokens unless : you have picked up an item .
its very hard to upgrade your loot / base when you cant be the best ( when you are the best you are it until you make 100 BIG mistakes or until you stop playing ) .
the reason its hard to upgrade is because of tokens , the new armour and because you cant defeat other players who played a little bit longer.

2- there are certain mcmmo levels , ( I am 2042 ) wich means : If a level 0 player will fight me with the same loot they have a very big disadvantage , I think I have 300% more chance to win wich means If they need to do 9 hits before I am dead I need to do 3 hits before they are dead ( I don't know the exact percentage )

3- the nether / end don't reset , the fact that beginners cant get any blaze spawners is not nice , I know you need a rank to mine them but still , if you have a rabbit rank ( 4.80 atm ) it is possible to get spawners but because of this reason : the nether has been looted ( every single block ) they cant , this means its very hard to gain experience / to have an adventage of a mob mob spawner , even skeleton , zombie and spider spawners all looted ) ( for example : the kingdom Revenge once had 44 Stacks of blaze spawners )
I know you guys now probably think a solution is : resetting the end / nether but : the OP people with speed , ranks and stuff will do it all again in a splitsecond of time

4- there is a kingdom ( ive heard it is a kingdom of a staff ) wich invades other kingdoms bases with a non-pascifist kingdom > unclaims it > claims it with a pascifist account > sells it for real money . I think this way of playing isn't fun and it ruins the game , first of all in Foxcraft is scamming allowed ( not allowed but its almost impossible to find out the truth ) when you want to buy something from this account it it possible this person scams you + its possible the person does the same thing again . personally I think this ruins the game , BIG time .

5- duped loot , there is a lot of duplicated loot on the server , I know certain people who did this and I think I am not the only one , but : for me ( now ) its another reason why I would say we need a reset

personally kingdom needs a reset every year , so it will be fair for everyone ( season ) I know this is way to much to ask for and I would be very happy if at least someone listens to me , I know my old friends will play again , I still have connections with some of the old players and I know at last I will. ofcourse I cant prove this and if I could prove it I could fake it so I wont even try . I also know a lot of players want this and a lot of players don't want this but I think if you cant the people who will be back after the reset there are a LOT more people who want a reset , ofcourse I have asked this many times + I know almost every staff member doesn't agree but I think this will make the kingdoms experience a whole lot more fun / better ( ive played for 4+ years and I stopped playing 4 months ago because of this ) I wont tag anyone or anything , I just want to be heard and I am hoping people will agree

Zenowfox

Vlastyz

Dedicated Member
Banned #4
+1 give everybody a chance. I like how you said every year it should be reset. After every reset it could be named "Kingdoms Map 2" or "Kingdoms Map 9", you get the point. A reset gives everybody a fresh start and could possibly bring players back to start over because who doesn't like a fresh start to a server? The feeling of a reset with over 60+ players on feels incredibly good and grinding to be the first op player is even better. It is also unfair like you said for people starting out, including myself. Everybody is already OP with tons of spawners and duped items, ruining the economy. I may be biased because I want to start playing kingdoms but I can't because everyone is already crazy stacked with good items, but that's just me. While there are some good things about a reset, there are also downsides.

-1 Many people have spent hours and money on kingdoms and obviously they will complain if there is a reset because they don't want to lose their stuff. Maybe some players will quit if it gets reset, or maybe will start over like other people and join the grind. I believe there will be many complains with a reset for the people who main kingdoms.

In conclusion, I personally wouldn't mind a reset and probably some others wouldn't mind as well and maybe the player count will increase, or decrease, who knows? I think it's a risk worth taking to reset kingdoms and give players a chance to restart and grind. Especially with this COVID-19 situation, people have plenty of time from what I hear(stay safe everybody).

Dipsy

Known Member
Thread starter #6
+1 give everybody a chance. I like how you said every year it should be reset. After every reset it could be named "Kingdoms Map 2" or "Kingdoms Map 9", you get the point. A reset gives everybody a fresh start and could possibly bring players back to start over because who doesn't like a fresh start to a server? The feeling of a reset with over 60+ players on feels incredibly good and grinding to be the first op player is even better. It is also unfair like you said for people starting out, including myself. Everybody is already OP with tons of spawners and duped items, ruining the economy. I may be biased because I want to start playing kingdoms but I can't because everyone is already crazy stacked with good items, but that's just me. While there are some good things about a reset, there are also downsides.

-1 Many people have spent hours and money on kingdoms and obviously they will complain if there is a reset because they don't want to lose their stuff. Maybe some players will quit if it gets reset, or maybe will start over like other people and join the grind. I believe there will be many complains with a reset for the people who main kingdoms.

In conclusion, I personally wouldn't mind a reset and probably some others wouldn't mind as well and maybe the player count will increase, or decrease, who knows? I think it's a risk worth taking to reset kingdoms and give players a chance to restart and grind. Especially with this COVID-19 situation, people have plenty of time from what I hear(stay safe everybody).
Thank you , i like the support and i know some people wont be happy about it but i agree with you ( obviously ) , especially the part of covid-19 , i forgot to mention it Stay safe

Laylah

Community Manager
first of all : I have noticed kingdom has 25 players online when its busy ( this is not a bad thing ) but I knew that 1 time there were around 70 + people online when it was a average day I miss these days, I will give you some reasons why I think this has happened and how I think this can be changed.
During active times the player count usually reaches 40.

1- for people who just started there is a 99.99% chance to not become the best of the server , why you may ask . well I think I know why . there has been an update where zombies / mobs drop items wich are not officially in the game ( the best armour is assasins armour ) it is impossible to obtain this armour with kits so people with ranks don't have the ability to get better with a kit , only for the beginning of their kingdoms journey ( but : almost no one will buy a kit when they start playing ) the armour is not easy to get
You're right, but players who've just started aren't supposed to be the best of the best at the game. You said it yourself, the current best gear is assassins which is not obtainable through kits. Players must either grind or purchase these sets, or kill others for them.

if you want to beat the opponents you obviously need better enchantments , this is only possible with tokens ( I am not saying tokens should not be in the game anymore ) for me tokens are pay 2 win and are worth at least 10 x more than a rank , this means ranks are very much overrated ( if you ask me ) me personally doesn't like the fact that tokens are only available by purchase , this means you need to purchase something over and over to get a descent amount of good loot , in the old days we had no such thing is protection VI or sharpness VI I liked those days because everyone was equal ( the people with ranks were more op but It was possible to make the stuff they had so it was gonna be a fair fight)
Not true, you can still beat opponents easily with normal vanilla enchants. Tokens are also not only obtainable through purchasing. If you commit to voting and collecting rewards daily, you get a pretty decent amount of tokens within a week.

its very hard to upgrade your loot / base when you cant be the best ( when you are the best you are it until you make 100 BIG mistakes or until you stop playing ) .
the reason its hard to upgrade is because of tokens , the new armour and because you cant defeat other players who played a little bit longer.
Uh.. you don't need to be the best to upgrade your things. And a reset wouldn't prevent you from making mistakes. Also, players who've played longer have dedicated their time and effort into grinding and upgrading their gear. So yes, they'd be very hard to beat.

2- there are certain mcmmo levels , ( I am 2042 ) wich means : If a level 0 player will fight me with the same loot they have a very big disadvantage , I think I have 300% more chance to win wich means If they need to do 9 hits before I am dead I need to do 3 hits before they are dead ( I don't know the exact percentage )
McMMO is disabled in the warzone anyways. And if you PvP outside of it, in the wilderness, it's pretty fair as most players have worked for their McMMO credits.

3- the nether / end don't reset , the fact that beginners cant get any blaze spawners is not nice , I know you need a rank to mine them but still , if you have a rabbit rank ( 4.80 atm ) it is possible to get spawners but because of this reason : the nether has been looted ( every single block ) they cant , this means its very hard to gain experience / to have an adventage of a mob mob spawner , even skeleton , zombie and spider spawners all looted ) ( for example : the kingdom Revenge once had 44 Stacks of blaze spawners )
I know you guys now probably think a solution is : resetting the end / nether but : the OP people with speed , ranks and stuff will do it all again in a splitsecond of time
Uhm, I don't really understand your point here as you're contradicting yourself saying a reset wouldn't help. But spawners definitely haven't all been looted, you just have to spend a little time finding them.

4- there is a kingdom ( ive heard it is a kingdom of a staff ) wich invades other kingdoms bases with a non-pascifist kingdom > unclaims it > claims it with a pascifist account > sells it for real money . I think this way of playing isn't fun and it ruins the game , first of all in Foxcraft is scamming allowed ( not allowed but its almost impossible to find out the truth ) when you want to buy something from this account it it possible this person scams you + its possible the person does the same thing again . personally I think this ruins the game , BIG time .
I agree, the neutral claiming issue is a pretty big problem atm that some Kingdoms players are trying to resolve. But I can assure you, all the staff kingdoms are actually part of the very few kingdoms who actually play fair, and have certainly not scammed or sold land for IRL money.

5- duped loot , there is a lot of duplicated loot on the server , I know certain people who did this and I think I am not the only one , but : for me ( now ) its another reason why I would say we need a reset
Yes, there have been many cases of duping in the past, but personally I don't think that's affected the PvP gameplay very much. Especially now, when most players who have been accused of duping have already quit or been caught.

I'm sorry but you can't expect to walk into a PvP arena when you first join and beat everyone there. There will be people much stronger than you, with much better gear, and much more experience. That's how the game works, that's how every other Factions server works. I think if the dedicated PvP players actually took some time off to grind better gear and learn how everything works instead of building traps around warzone, they'd realize Kingdoms is actually pretty well balanced. It just takes some dedication and getting used to.

Dipsy

Known Member
Thread starter #8

During active times the player count usually reaches 40.

You're right, but players who've just started aren't supposed to be the best of the best at the game. You said it yourself, the current best gear is assassins which is not obtainable through kits. Players must either grind or purchase these sets, or kill others for them.

Not true, you can still beat opponents easily with normal vanilla enchants. Tokens are also not only obtainable through purchasing. If you commit to voting and collecting rewards daily, you get a pretty decent amount of tokens within a week.

Uh.. you don't need to be the best to upgrade your things. And a reset wouldn't prevent you from making mistakes. Also, players who've played longer have dedicated their time and effort into grinding and upgrading their gear. So yes, they'd be very hard to beat.

McMMO is disabled in the warzone anyways. And if you PvP outside of it, in the wilderness, it's pretty fair as most players have worked for their McMMO credits.

Uhm, I don't really understand your point here as you're contradicting yourself saying a reset wouldn't help. But spawners definitely haven't all been looted, you just have to spend a little time finding them.

I agree, the neutral claiming issue is a pretty big problem atm that some Kingdoms players are trying to resolve. But I can assure you, all the staff kingdoms are actually part of the very few kingdoms who actually play fair, and have certainly not scammed or sold land for IRL money.

Yes, there have been many cases of duping in the past, but personally I don't think that's affected the PvP gameplay very much. Especially now, when most players who have been accused of duping have already quit or been caught.

I'm sorry but you can't expect to walk into a PvP arena when you first join and beat everyone there. There will be people much stronger than you, with much better gear, and much more experience. That's how the game works, that's how every other Factions server works. I think if the dedicated PvP players actually took some time off to grind better gear and learn how everything works instead of building traps around warzone, they'd realize Kingdoms is actually pretty well balanced. It just takes some dedication and getting used to.
I understand , thanjs for reading all of it , there are some points you sid i disagree with , but im not going to bother you with it .
But i am a player who played since the begin of this kingdom and i was in ( one of ) thr best kingdom there was , the reason why we dont play anymore is becuase we dont think it is balanced enough , for the beginners / older players . i can't say i know a better kingdoms server than Foxcraft , so i am not blaming , i just think this will improve the amount of players / the amount of fun. So i will not give up but i agree with some points ( not all of em )

Dipsy

Known Member
Thread starter #16
Ive noticed in the poll i said geen reset , this is dutch ( it means no reset )

Deefol

Banned #18
another long post i cant be bothered to read. Since this is the second large post about a kingdoms reset, you have been granted Defol's +1

In my oppinion Kingdoms is in a state that is either loved or hated by players, it contains some flaws and unbalances but I don't think a reset is the solution for this.

+1 for the idea of nether and end resets since this could only help new players and not harm longer/more geared players

A cool fact I discovered today: assasin gear is as strong as Guard or Ancient diamond gear. The whole non-Vanilla armour concept consist of +... armor on these pieces (+the durability dots). If you have protection 4 unbreaking 3 assasin gear you are as strongly loaded as a player with protection 4 unbreaking 3 Guard gear. (the status effect of this set is bugged, it doenst give you slowness and doesn't give Strenght) (I tested this all with a buddy of mine with a crit sword)
ty for reading :D

Status
Not open for further replies.