Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

"New factions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #1
So I've been hearing some rumors about a "new factions server" around December 23rd. Well, as I usually do, I wanna lay out some of the things I think should be implemented/fixed for this:

Magma and Cove
Shut these down, and only have 1 factions server. More players will play on one, meaning more raids, pvp, and fun. Also, allocate all the RAM from both Cove and Magma over to just this new server.

Cannoning
Add no pluggins limiting redstone clocks or mechanical devices that use redstone in general to ensure the cannoning works. Make sure that the server ticks and everything work to, get someone to maybe check it out to see if it works.

MCMMO/Custom enchants
Here is what I think - no mcmmo. Make it more natural.
As for custom enchants, enable a few. What I'm thinking is:
  • Armor: Regeneration 3, Well Fed 2, Auto Speed 2
  • Sword: Venom 3, Electrocute 3, Blindness 3 and Lucky 3
  • No Bow Custom enchants
Having this few and basic custom enchants ensures that god sets will be more easily create-able while still keeping that custom gear aspect.

Mechanics/Player Info:
20 starting power: most servers do it this way, and it allows for bigger bases faster into a season.

Add anti glicthing pluggins, and DO NOT add pig eggs to a shop when you make one.

Make a real /warp shop, one that has practically everything needed.

Generate the world in 1.8, and make the mechanics of it 1.8; that's what factions always was. Factions is not meant for 1.10.

Keep /AH

Add special Foxcraft things - our version of Cosmic Envoys, etc.

Add Super Golden Apple cooldowns of 2 minutes per. This will make pvp more about quick dropping and using health pots and regular golden apples to survive. Also will make having infinite /fix hand actually useful, since pvp would not be about breaking gear but quick dropping people.

Crate Keys
Add more important things to crate keys like to following:
  • Creeper Eggs
  • Super God Apples
  • Higher Money Value ($2,000; $5,000; $7,500)
  • Hoppers
  • Wither Skulls?
  • Faction Power Boosts?
  • Custom Potions (only way to get them)
  • More OP Armor (P5)?

New Commands/New or fixed perms
Player Vaults: Reduce the amount of player vaults to the following:
  • VIP/VIP+: 1 player vault
  • Skyfox/Shadowfox/Mysticfox: 1 player vault
  • Foxking: 3 player vaults
Do NOT add expanded enderchests, because they are glitchy (things randomly glitch out of them and don't come back)

/pot: Would be more useful to have for auto brewers, etc.

/fix and /fix all: Make /fix all a 12 hour cooldown like you have now, but have /fix have no cooldown, and be useable in combat (you'll see why later)

/tnt craft and /tnt fill: useful for raiding and making a bunch of tnt fast

Comment what you think below

Last edited:
So I've been hearing some rumors about a "new factions server" around December 23rd. Well, as I usually do, I wanna lay out some of the things I think should be implemented/fixed for this:

Magma and Cove
Shut these down, and only have 1 factions server. More players will play on one, meaning more raids, pvp, and fun. Also, allocate all the RAM from both Cove and Magma over to just this new server.

Cannoning
Add no pluggins limiting redstone clocks or mechanical devices that use redstone in general to ensure the cannoning works. Make sure that the server ticks and everything work to, get someone to maybe check it out to see if it works.

MCMMO/Custom enchants
Here is what I think - no mcmmo. Make it more natural.
As for custom enchants, enable a few. What I'm thinking is:
  • Armor: Regeneration 3, Well Fed 2, Auto Speed 2
  • Sword: Venom 3, Electrocute 3, Blindness 3 and Lucky 3
  • No Bow Custom enchants
Having this few and basic custom enchants ensures that god sets will be more easily create-able while still keeping that custom gear aspect.

Mechanics/Player Info:
20 starting power: most servers do it this way, and it allows for bigger bases faster into a season.

Add anti glicthing pluggins, and DO NOT add pig eggs to a shop when you make one.

Make a real /warp shop, one that has practically everything needed.

Generate the world in 1.8, and make the mechanics of it 1.8; that's what factions always was. Factions is not meant for 1.10.

Keep /AH

Add special Foxcraft things - our version of Cosmic Envoys, etc.

Add Super Golden Apple cooldowns of 2 minutes per. This will make pvp more about quick dropping and using health pots and regular golden apples to survive. Also will make having infinite /fix hand actually useful, since pvp would not be about breaking gear but quick dropping people.

Crate Keys
Add more important things to crate keys like to following:
  • Creeper Eggs
  • Super God Apples
  • Higher Money Value ($2,000; $5,000; $7,500)
  • Hoppers
  • Wither Skulls?
  • Faction Power Boosts?
  • Custom Potions (only way to get them)
  • More OP Armor (P5)?

New Commands/New or fixed perms
Player Vaults: Reduce the amount of player vaults to the following:
  • VIP/VIP+: 1 player vault
  • Skyfox/Shadowfox/Mysticfox: 1 player vault
  • Foxking: 3 player vaults
Do NOT add expanded enderchests, because they are glitchy (things randomly glitch out of them and don't come back)

/pot: Would be more useful to have for auto brewers, etc.

/fix and /fix all: Make /fix all a 12 hour cooldown like you have now, but have /fix have no cooldown, and be useable in combat (you'll see why later)

/tnt craft and /tnt fill: useful for raiding and making a bunch of tnt fast

Comment what you think below
I agree with having a single factions server. For custom enchants no venom blindness regen and well fed those are lame asl. Stuff that would be cool is night vision helmets and stuff that helps you breath underwater. Gotta have that warp shop too.

But most importantly our factions should be unique. Something original and fun. I made a suggestion about this.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #3
I agree with having a single factions server. For custom enchants no venom blindness regen and well fed those are lame asl. Stuff that would be cool is night vision helmets and stuff that helps you breath underwater. Gotta have that warp shop too.

But most importantly our factions should be unique. Something original and fun. I made a suggestion about this.
Factions on Foxcraft has always been more popular with custom enchants. Back on Old Factions, when there was no custom enchants, the server died out and factions vulcan was added.

These custom enchants I mentioned won't do too much in the game but be the best of both sides.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #5
:eek:ooo you took the time to write all of this lol
Like 10 months ago or so I made one that was so big it exceeded the maximum amount of characters allowed in one message.
[doublepost=1480729974,1480729764][/doublepost]Some corrections (since I can't edit my original post)

• Skyfox/Shadowfox/Mysticfox gets 2 playervaults (not 1)
  • For sword custom enchants, it should be Lucky 2 not 3.
[doublepost=1480730250][/doublepost]

I agree with most of the things you said; however, having played with and seen the custom enchants first hand this is what I have to say:
  • Well Fed: pretty much a commodity, eating food/hunger isn't really a big thing in factions. Will just make people's life easier.
  • Regen: even if this one is not enabled I wouldn't have a problem with it; Regen doesn't do all that much, its practically useless but it can save you, and with gapple cooldowns, I think it would balance pvp.
  • Venom: again, when your not on your gapple this drops you by like half a heart - it's not all that op
  • Blindness: this one is rather op I have to admit, but it's a decently hard enchant to get

Firstly, I disagree with the custom enchants as speed 2 will make it easier for players to run away (having pots will make it harder for people to run away). Secondly, I disagree with the gapple cool down, as having no gapples whilst fighting in almost vanilla armour, will get you quick dropped as soon as your gapple runs out (so no actual pvp). Lastly, I disagree with /fix hand command as it being infinite will be too op as you can just repeatedly switch gear and fix it. Traditionally, factions pvp is with gapples and it's where you have to break gear to kill them. However, I know from experience that you can still easily die from forgetting to gapple so quick dropping will still happen. Also, maybe a pvp arena could be implemented so players can have fair 1v1's without them running. Everything else I agree with in your suggestion.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #10
What he said Time for a reset factions is getting very boring.
And Gapple cooldown is a no no
Well I mean you could either do no cooldown and, no infinite /fix hand or a cooldown and infinite /fix hand really just depends on what type of pvp you want. My thing is that if there is no mcmmo and no gap cooldowns pvp is gonna be pretty op and fists will last a while

this is dope af +1 for @ExInfinity i agree for every thing ect gapple cooldown, keep up with the ideas!
[doublepost=1480776272,1480776171][/doublepost]also cap unarmed at 100 and axes at 1000 this goes for MCMMO

If Leon decides to create a new Faction Server, the ideas in this thread are excellent! I just disagree with /pot because they were being glitched before.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
Thread starter #13
If Leon decides to create a new Faction Server, the ideas in this thread are excellent! I just disagree with /pot because they were being glitched before.
I think that had to do with the expanded enderchests though

also i think 1.9 and up should not be in this new factions just 1.8 ONLY bc 1.9/.10 facked up some things like enderchests and u can get frost walker and mending on your armer and a lot more gliches

also i think 1.9 and up should not be in this new factions just 1.8 ONLY bc 1.9/.10 facked up some things like enderchests and u can get frost walker and mending on your armer and a lot more gliches
Factions isn't made for anything above 1.8 and whoever plays factions as a main game mode knows that.

Factions isn't made for anything above 1.8 and whoever plays factions as a main game mode knows that.
To bad minecraft moves on. If I were to reset fmagma it would be the same setup as skyblock. 1.8 server software with support up to 1.11
And screw 1.7 there is no difference between 1.7 and 1.8 lool.

Anyway I might reset fmagma when chrismas break starts. (need new spawn etc)

To bad minecraft moves on. If I were to reset fmagma it would be the same setup as skyblock. 1.8 server software with support up to 1.11

And implement a pvp arena ;)

Have you seen any good faction servers above 1.9?

Status
Not open for further replies.