Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

[Guide] Mini-Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpen

Donator
Thread starter #1
I'm sure most of us know what mini-modding is.
If you aren't sure what mini-modding is, It's when you attempt to enforce rules or tell rule breakers to stop as if you are a staff member

Quote taken directly from the Rules
@Affixes No mini modding. If you aren't a staff member, don't pretend to be one
There are no Pro's to mini-modding there are only Cons e.g.
  • It is punishable mini-modding as it will lead you to having suspension or getting banned from forums.
  • You may give misleading information to players as you may not know what the real problem is.
  • You're taking away the tasks and situations from Helper, Trial-Staff and Staff who should be handling, The tag is given to them for the purpose of helping and enforcing rules on players who are breaking the rules.
  • Mini-Modding can be annoying and spammy, it can also create a chain reaction of players correcting each other, Don't do it.
  • It can create arguments and Flame-wars, New players would also think mini-modding is okay.
How to stop mini-modding
  • Please don't hassle or tag staff members to close OTHER players threads, you may however tag staff members to close your OWN thread.
  • If you see a player that isn't using the correct format, Please refrain from commenting and just let a staff member handle this, It is not your duty to correct other players or staff members.
  • Do not correct staff members, They know what they're doing.
  • Refrain from telling other players their mini-modding, Telling other players they're mini modding also counts as mini-modding.
  • If there isn't a staff member online or present you aren't allowed to mini-mod, When a staff member is online they will handle it.
  • If you see a thread that a staff member hasn't replied to, It's acceptable to tag a staff member on the thread to give it attention, but you may not mini-mod.

*This thread is created for educational purpose, It's for players to have a better understanding on what mini modding is, If you see a player min-modding please do not correct them,You may however link them this thread if you desire.

If you believe i've missed something or i've written incorrect information please inform me asap

RedTheFox999

Friend
Donator
Lol I see people get angry over this all the time. I wanna sign up for helper/staff so I can correct people without getting in trouble for it.

xokoloto

Banned #4
I didn't bother reading all that hahahahah, cause I've seen you on forums and all your posts are like a ******* 29 lines long xD.

ExInfinity

Friend
Donator
If you aren't sure what mini-modding is, It's when you attempt to enforce rules or tell rule breakers to stop as if you are a staff member

• It is punishable mini-modding as it will lead you to having suspension or getting banned from forums.
  • You may give misleading information to players as you may not know what the real problem is.
  • You're taking away the tasks and situations from Helper, Trial-Staff and Staff who should be handling, The tag is given to them for the purpose of helping and enforcing rules on players who are breaking the rules.
  • Mini-Modding can be annoying and spammy, it can also create a chain reaction of players correcting each other, Don't do it.
  • It can create arguments and Flame-wars, New players would also think mini-modding is okay.
How to stop mini-modding
  • Please don't hassle or tag staff members to close OTHER players threads, you may however tag staff members to close your OWN thread.
  • If you see a player that isn't using the correct format, Please refrain from commenting and just let a staff member handle this, It is not your duty to correct other players.
  • Refrain from telling other players their mini-modding, Telling other players they're mini modding also counts as mini-modding.
  • If there isn't a staff member online or present you aren't allowed to mini-mod, When a staff member is online they will handle it.
  • If you see a thread that a staff member hasn't replied to, It's acceptable to tag a staff member on the thread to give it attention, but you may not mini-mod.

*This thread is created for educational purpose, It's for players to have a better understanding on what mini modding is, If you see a player min-modding please do not correct them,You may however link them this thread if you desire.

If you believe i've missed something or i've written incorrect information please inform me asap
I think as for now, all players can mini-mod until Staff and Helper ranks are put into place. But thanks for clearing it up.

DontPaanic

Friend
Donator
Thank you Dansors, this will definitely remind players not to mini-mod in more depth than what the actual rule states.

How to stop mini-modding
  • If you see a player that isn't using the correct format, Please refrain from commenting and just let a staff member handle this, It is not your duty to correct other players.

He is Mini-Modding!!!!!!!!! Jk <3

Arpen

Donator
Thread starter #9
Lol I see people get angry over this all the time. I wanna sign up for helper/staff so I can correct people without getting in trouble for it.
Well it's because it's Staff members job to correct players :p
Everyone says I mini mod if I tell a player that their thread is in the wrong section.
Because that is mini-modding hahah
I didn't bother reading all that hahahahah, cause I've seen you on forums and all your posts are like a ******* 29 lines long xD.
Rude! well don't get in trouble for mini-modding because you didn't read this thread :p
I think as for now, all players can mini-mod until Staff and Helper ranks are put into place. But thanks for clearing it up.
Well we are aware who the staff are with out without the staff rank on forums we should let them handle it, but since the staff rank and tab has been added this wouldn't be an issue anymore Thanks!
Thanks for the reminder, I'll do my best :)
Maybe you could sticky post this so it's always reminding you the rules :) Goodluck!
Thank you Dansors, this will definitely remind players not to mini-mod in more depth than what the actual rule states.
Thank you so much! i was quite nervous to post this in the first place but the Rules didn't give any extra info, also players tend to mini-mod without knowing the consequences! :)
He is Mini-Modding!!!!!!!!! Jk <3
*This thread is created for educational purpose, It's for players to have a better understanding on whatmini moddingis, If you see a playermin-modding please do not correct them,You may however link them this thread if you desire.
It was stated this was for educational purpose! you corrected me thats mini-modding! :O JK <3

Hyllus

Dedicated Member
Well it's because it's Staff members job to correct players :p

Because that is mini-modding hahah

Rude! well don't get in trouble for mini-modding because you didn't read this thread :p

Well we are aware who the staff are with out without the staff rank on forums we should let them handle it, but since the staff rank and tab has been added this wouldn't be an issue anymore Thanks!

Maybe you could sticky post this so it's always reminding you the rules :) Goodluck!

Thank you so much! i was quite nervous to post this in the first place but the Rules didn't give any extra info, also players tend to mini-mod without knowing the consequences! :)

It was stated this was for educational purpose! you corrected me thats mini-modding! :O JK <3
xD I love this thread, thanks for all of the help and positivity once again, @Dansors!!!

Arpen

Donator
Thread starter #13
xD I love this thread, thanks for all of the help and positivity once again, @Dansors!!!
Thanks buddy! I'm glad you like this thread :)

It's entirely upto him but it be great if he did, this thread may get lost in the future haha

I wasn't beind rude rauol? I don't know how to spell your name haha... well sorry.. :)
I was kidding! Sorry if it wasn't as obvious also my name is spelled Raoúl :)

It's entirely upto him but it be great if he did, this thread may get lost in the future haha

That's why this should get stickied.

xokoloto

Banned #15

awww its ok Raoul... great name :)

How to stop mini-modding

This will be quite informative to other players, who have not experienced forums. You're quite a helpful guy, (not in a mini modding way). Great job, a tough read, but it was worth it. Also, I like the colors ;).
[doublepost=1457536861,1457536790][/doublepost]
Everyone says I mini mod if I tell a player that their thread is in the wrong section.
It's considered Mini modding, so they're correct. Or I've been told thats it's mini modding, correct me if I'm wrong.

This will be quite informative to other players, who have not experienced forums. You're quite a helpful guy, (not in a mini modding way). Great job, a tough read, but it was worth it. Also, I like the colors ;).
[doublepost=1457536861,1457536790][/doublepost]
It's considered Mini modding, so they're correct. Or I've been told thats it's mini modding, correct me if I'm wrong.
Thats not mini modding, it does not say in the rules that ONLY staff can tell players that their thread in in the wrong section.

Thats not mini modding, it does not say in the rules that ONLY staff can tell players that their thread in in the wrong section.
One time I was told by @Dansors that it was mini modding. Also, they just created Rules and they left some out from the old rules, that still doesn't make it okay to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.