Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Blocked IP range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Hi,
About 4 days ago I can no longer connect to Foxcraft servers. If I use another internet connection (through the same router) I can connect. I can ping the server IP ok from command prompt but can't reach it in Minecraft. It would appear the MC server has blocked our ISP's IP block.
My current IP is ***.**.**.**. The ISP pretty much uses ***.**.*.*/**.
Can a mod please check the IP blocks on the MC server and see if my IP falls in this range. I wondered if a hacker had been on the same ISP so the mods blocked a whole subnet.
btw: My dad is a network engineer and has worked heaps on this and knows it's nothing with our router. If he routes my PC traffic out a 2nd WAN connection it works. If he routes it out our ADSL it doesn't. Everything else is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the disconnect message you are getting?
[doublepost=1485122707,1485122592][/doublepost]We don't block whole subnets btw.

Hi,
About 4 days ago I can no longer connect to Foxcraft servers. If I use another internet connection (through the same router) I can connect. I can ping the server IP ok from command prompt but can't reach it in Minecraft. It would appear the MC server has blocked our ISP's IP block.
My current IP is 120.29.49.36. The ISP pretty much uses 120.29.0.0/16.
Can a mod please check the IP blocks on the MC server and see if my IP falls in this range. I wondered if a hacker had been on the same ISP so the mods blocked a whole subnet.
btw: My dad is a network engineer and has worked heaps on this and knows it's nothing with our router. If he routes my PC traffic out a 2nd WAN connection it works. If he routes it out our ADSL it doesn't. Everything else is the same.
just a heads up dont put ur ip on the internet

I edited out the IP. Be careful putting that stuff out there for everyone to see, my dude.

Thread starter #6
Sorry. It's dynamic anyway. Any IP can be attempted DDOS'ed though.
It says 'Loading Terrain' and then times out eventually.
On the multiplayer menu it doesn't reply to the MC ping and bring up the Foxcraft title. All the other online servers respond fine.
[doublepost=1485169554,1485150140][/doublepost]Update. Replaced the router and it works. Why only Foxcraft was blocked is beyond us. The config is the same between them (both MikroTik's, just different models).

Mechz

Friend
Donator
Sorry. It's dynamic anyway. Any IP can be attempted DDOS'ed though.
It says 'Loading Terrain' and then times out eventually.
On the multiplayer menu it doesn't reply to the MC ping and bring up the Foxcraft title. All the other online servers respond fine.
[doublepost=1485169554,1485150140][/doublepost]Update. Replaced the router and it works. Why only Foxcraft was blocked is beyond us. The config is the same between them (both MikroTik's, just different models).
I'm glad to hear it's working.

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.