Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

A message to Foxcraft about Survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Banned #1
Been playing Foxcraft since mid-2013. And have played ever since alongside SuperHans. I've seen many versions of Survival.

I'm making it clear that this isn't just another veteran player being toxic and nostalgic because of changes, this is my point of view (a player since 2013) alongside many others, a majority of the Survival playerbase.

Survival now is full of toxicity, and being a toxic person myself, especially in the past says a lot about the community on Survival. Although there was griefing, lack of order and killing in 2013, it seems to be a lot more tame compared to now. As people would be more likely to try to work together. There was action and so much going on that no longer takes place on Survival. It's no longer as fun.
One thing that kept Survival enjoyable, was the roleplay and formation of different teams competing with each other, just like in 2016. This has been totally annihilated through the destruction of being able to pvp.

Survival is now plagued with toxicity, people holding almost 200 million $ themselves, grinders with hundreds of spawners, silk touch spawners, /fly, /speed, mobs nerfed, iron golem spawners and all pvp disabled and a shop which means you can purchase all supplies you need for dirt, EVEN LAVA FLOW is disabled which makes the Nether and mining far easier. There's nothing about it that requires any Survival, action or effort. It's not Survival in almost every form.

Cloakfox, you and Affixes promised us back in 2016 that Survival would never end up like this, that's what has happened. Things need to change, all of the points I've made need to be addressed at some point and fixed.

Regards

Vlastyz

Dedicated Member
Banned #6
Actually, i like the current state of survival, its my favorite server on Foxcraft. Your single opinion does not matter ksm!

Banned #9
Yeah, I had a lot of fun with c-crea-creative2 I mean yeah Survival. We had a lot of fun but recent changes makes it so it's just not fun, and now that there's no pvp and 100% claim protection this has brought all the softies to survival and furries etc
You know it's bad when you lose ksm as a player

Donator
Banned #10
Idk whether I agree or not with Ksmudger but here's my thoughts on it.

Yes, lava walling is bad. It is a very toxic move but it only happened between people who didn't like eachother. It didn't happen to every single base randomly all the time.

The very thought of getting claimed round and lava walled was enough to keep peace between many players. Now, I see a lot of arguing and it escalates more and more because you can't come to civil terms due to the fact there's nothing to fear from one another (fear of lava walling, waiting outside claims to kill, etc). This in theory, seems good. However in practice, it is bad. Verbally, people are more toxic than they were before. Physical toxicity (lava walling and claim camping) has been replaced with verbal toxicity which is why it's more common to see toxicity than before (because chat is public).

There will always be toxicity between players on survival, that's just fact. You can't help that.

Thread starter Banned #11
Idk whether I agree or not with Ksmudger but here's my thoughts on it.

Yes, lava walling is bad. It is a very toxic move but it only happened between people who didn't like eachother. It didn't happen to every single base randomly all the time.

The very thought of getting claimed round and lava walled was enough to keep peace between many players. Now, I see a lot of arguing and it escalates more and more because you can't come to civil terms due to the fact there's nothing to fear from one another (fear of lava walling, waiting outside claims to kill, etc). This in theory, seems good. However in practice, it is bad. Verbally, people are more toxic than they were before. Physical toxicity (lava walling and claim camping) has been replaced with verbal toxicity which is why it's more common to see toxicity than before (because chat is public).

There will always be toxicity between players on survival, that's just fact. You can't help that.
This @cloakfox is the truth not just me wanting to blow up survival, I appreciate it from a Helper's point of view.

"Survival is now plagued with toxicity, people holding almost 200 million $ themselves, grinders with hundreds of spawners, silk touch spawners, /fly, /speed, mobs nerfed, iron golem spawners and all pvp disabled and a shop which means you can purchase all supplies you need for dirt, EVEN LAVA FLOW is disabled which makes the Nether and mining far easier. There's nothing about it that requires any Survival, action or effort. It's not Survival in almost every form."

This part summarizes most of the issues (not the overall server issues) and it is the reason why I am no longer playing. Sadly it all ended like this. The issues weren't adressed when they occured and I am afraid that it is too late to fix them now. The server is moving along and so is everyone. The ones who accept the new system will play but its definetely not me. I hope survival turns into a successful gamemode, with new dedicated players who do not refrain to critisize the server to make it better. Survival depends on dedicated players who report, critisize in forums, discord to the staff team and the owner. After that its up to them to change it. I think I did what I was supposed to do until now and I hope others do the same to keep it going.

Thread starter Banned #14
"Survival is now plagued with toxicity, people holding almost 200 million $ themselves, grinders with hundreds of spawners, silk touch spawners, /fly, /speed, mobs nerfed, iron golem spawners and all pvp disabled and a shop which means you can purchase all supplies you need for dirt, EVEN LAVA FLOW is disabled which makes the Nether and mining far easier. There's nothing about it that requires any Survival, action or effort. It's not Survival in almost every form."

This part summarizes most of the issues (not the overall server issues) and it is the reason why I am no longer playing. Sadly it all ended like this. The issues weren't adressed when they occured and I am afraid that it is too late to fix them now. The server is moving along and so is everyone. The ones who accept the new system will play but its definetely not me. I hope survival turns into a successful gamemode, with new dedicated players who do not refrain to critisize the server to make it better. Survival depends on dedicated players who report, critisize in forums, discord to the staff team and the owner. After that its up to them to change it. I think I did what I was supposed to do until now and I hope others do the same to keep it going.
I don't think it's too late, it's only too late when cloakfox ignores and refuses to fix these issues. Whether he does or not is up to him. This was just my review of the server, I doubt cloakfox takes these complaints seriously but I did it anyway, cloakfox has the attitude of "you always complain, veteran player want this" some people's minds can't be changed no matter how much evidence is presented to them.

Drama queens xoxo

Not much has changed since Survival 1.14 other then some nerfs because of immense performance issues. Oh and yes pvp disabled because of to many trolls like you guys.

Thread starter Banned #16
Drama queens xoxo
Not much has changed since Survival 1.14 other then some nerfs because of immense performance issues. Oh and yes pvp disabled because of to many trolls like you guys.
xoxo I support your server, and I'm not being toxic. You're welcome.

The world on Survival is literally infinite, grab an elytra and some fireworks and you can fly into the middle of nowhere, in the millions where nobody would ever disturb you, with protection you can close your door and you're fine. Rather than keep disabling features of Survival, all you have to do is say "travel further, don't let people in your houses, it's your own fault otherwise" simple as that, there's no excuse for people who complain about trolling. It takes very little time and effort to live peacefully or use common sense and not trust trolls. All you're doing is destroying an aspect of Survival that many enjoy because some people can't take the initiative of just travelling a bit. I could go right next to spawn and build a house and be absolutely fine in previous versions of Survival. Pvp and some griefing is a vital part of a Survival gamemode.

You're calling your staff trolls as a Helper already posted a comment supporting this, as well as calling a majority of your playerbase trolls?

There's many solutions that'd please all sides if you're interested.

Last edited:
Let bring survival back to how it was in 2016 at least as back then it was 1000x as fun as it is now. And if we have to reset for that then do so. personally i dont want that but whatever it takes to bring survival back its former glory

Lanuginoso

Dedicated Member
Only 2 people are close to 200 million and its me and Hailey.

We’ve adapted to making Chest shops to make money instead (which I feel is fair)

I think lava flow should be brought back and PVP because its fun!

Deefol

Banned #19
no many people are missing the point. It's LITERALLY NOT SURVIVAL. There's minimal chance of you dying and hardly any 'survival' involved, you just grind while being afk. At this point it's basically factions without pvp

no many people are missing the point. It's LITERALLY NOT SURVIVAL. There's minimal chance of you dying and hardly any 'survival' involved, you just grind while being afk. At this point it's basically factions without pvp
It's survival, factions has raiding etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.